Trade deadline: buyers or sellers

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Should we remember that we traded for Gilmore and Cooks before the season to improve themselves for the present ? How bout the trade for Lance to improve themselves in the future?? Or did you forget about all that ?? 🤦‍♂️ 

That doesn't mean you don't keep trying to find ways to strengthen your team/roster.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

That doesn't mean you don't keep trying to find ways to strengthen your team/roster.

Not having a 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick as a result definitely might have prevented them from doing something.

Also, given that 4 of the previous 5 years they have made October trades, I think it’s reasonable to believe they “tried” this year as well, but it just didn’t work out.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Curious, if you could’ve made any move that was made by another team, which one would you pick?

Ezra Cleveland trade. For a 6th I think the Jags got a solid, healthy OG. Given Tyron’s constant health issues, I’m assuming Dallas is going to run out of luck sooner rather than later.  

Beyond that, none of them really move the needle much imo.

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

The Chase Young trade probably has the most upside IMO.  A third for a half year rental is too steep for me, though.

But is it a rental though? Could easily see them extend him to a 3 year deal, especially if he stays healthy rest of the season and helps that already dangerous defense. 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Ezra Cleveland trade. For a 6th I think the Jags got a solid, healthy OG. Given Tyron’s constant health issues, I’m assuming Dallas is going to run out of luck sooner rather than later.  

Beyond that, none of them really move the needle much imo.

This was the type of trade I was looking for. Someone who could bolster or shore up a weak spot on this roster. I don’t like testing the bottom depths of our roster. But hey, we like our guys