2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

you literally said in a post they need to tank for another high pick lol

Yes, they need a superstar. Trading for one accomplishes the same thing. My point is they are full of role players and like guys with noticeable flaws right now. No one on that roster has top 15 player upside and that’s a tough place to live. 

Bit of a gut-wrencher for the Nuggets. Managed to come back from down 8 with a few minutes left to being down 1 with 30 seconds left. Forced a miss, let Giddey get the Offensive rebound who kicked it out to Chet for a dagger 3.

The half court Offense was a mess without Jokic, unsurprisingly. But, Aaron Gordon played well in his biggest minutes as a Center. He's definitely going to play the backup 5 come playoff time.

Whilst I like that a lot better than Deandre Jordan or Zeke Nnaji, it means a lot less minutes of AG and Jokic which was dynamite in the playoffs last year. Not to mention AG matched up against a lot of premier on ball players in the playoffs last year (Ant, KD, Lebron, Jimmy). Staggering him in that matchup and then banging as a Center with the subs feels too much.

9 hours ago, Kingram said:

Yes, they need a superstar. Trading for one accomplishes the same thing. My point is they are full of role players and like guys with noticeable flaws right now. No one on that roster has top 15 player upside and that’s a tough place to live. 

This coming draft is weak.  Tanking does nothing. LOL.  Rockets will use the Nets pick they receive (hopefully its a top 7 pick) in a trade for a potential all star player.  They are still in the middle stages of the rebuild process.

Edited by Texansfan713

11 hours ago, Kingram said:

They have plenty of talent, plus Sengun will develop into a legitimate number one option. Don't think much of Jalen Green, but Jabari has been fine. Amen Thompson has the tools to be good too, but playing in the G-League is probably worse for your development than not playing at all, so he and his brother need some time.

Whitmore has been good too, he just needs to pass more.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:00 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

At least Gradey and Scoot are getting minutes.  Has Jett Howard even played more than 5 minutes in a game?  I'd say Davis and Howard right now.  Ousmane Dieng can't seem to get minutes either, but he's kind of behind a logjam of other young guys who need minutes on a team that's competing.  Honestly too early for any of it to really mean much though.

They certainly haven't earned those minutes. 

I do feel for the glut of mid-firsts for OKC, though. I get that cream roses to the top, but there's just not enough minutes for these guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

They have plenty of talent, plus Sengun will develop into a legitimate number one option. Don't think much of Jalen Green, but Jabari has been fine. Amen Thompson has the tools to be good too, but playing in the G-League is probably worse for your development than not playing at all, so he and his brother need some time.

Whitmore has been good too, he just needs to pass more.

Sengun isn't an NBA #1. Thats my point. They don't have anyone on this roster capable of being a Superstar and thats what it takes to be a contender in the NBA. I'm probably lower on Sengun than most. He can't shoot, he's an abysmal defender but I also mostly just watch Jonas dog walk him so my views probably slanted.

Jabari has been a disappointment IMO. Amen I like but he needs a lot of work. Again, its not about not having any good players. They're pretty deep. They just have nobody capable of being a #1 on a contender.

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

This coming draft is weak.  Tanking does nothing. LOL.  Rockets will use the Nets pick they receive (hopefully its a top 7 pick) in a trade for a potential all star player.  They are still in the middle stages of the rebuild process.

Yeah, I mean my entire point was that they shouldn't have signed Brooks and FVV. Those guys do literally nothing for this team but make them a fringe play-in team. 

2 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Yeah, I mean my entire point was that they shouldn't have signed Brooks and FVV. Those guys do literally nothing for this team but make them a fringe play-in team. 

NBA CBA states you have to use your cap space so they had to sign vets on the roster. Plus the Owner said in the press conference the team is in Phase 2 of the rebuild which is finishing at or around .500 and compete for a play in spot. They are on the right track.

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean that's just categorically wrong. Sengun can absolutely be an NBA #1, he's already a borderline AS in year 3.

Do you think Sengun can be a #1 on a championship team? I certainly don’t.