2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

On 2/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, Troy Brown said:

I feel like Sengun is much closer to a baby Sabonis than Jokic but he's clearly not done developing 

Agreed. Sengun's ceiling is definitely closer to fringe all-star than it is to the best player on planet earth.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Soooo Chet Holmgren has had one of the better "rookie" season of all time, right? He's actually better than most people thought he'd be at the peak of his Gonzaga hype.

I wasn't a huge Chet guy during the draft process but he can play man. He hasn't gotten the love he deserves because of the Victor hype train and the fact that he plays with SGA. But he can be special if he stays healthy, dude just impacts the game in every way possible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Monty Williams should just go off and take the fine. That was clearly a foul after Thompson stole the ball. 

He did in his post game. Blew up, then walked out without taking questions. It was an extremely rare W for Monty in my book. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Man idk what type of guy Griffin is but the Bucks decided they would rather lose with someone else than win with Griffin. That’s insane. They must HATE the dude. 

We are 2-0 post all star break? Wins against the #1 wolves at their place and then at Philly. 🤷 

9 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Soooo Chet Holmgren has had one of the better "rookie" season of all time, right? He's actually better than most people thought he'd be at the peak of his Gonzaga hype.

he was my number one player in 2022 because i believed he could be a good second/really good third option and he could create offense for himself and his team, which he never got to show off in college. i don't know if most people thought he was just a skinny shot blocker, but everywhere he played before gonzaga he had the ball in his hands and was making plays, but mark few wasn't interested in letting him do that. i thought once he had a chance to show how skilled he is, combined with how good he is defensively, he'd kind of shock a lot of people. but i definitely didn't think he'd shoot 40% from 3

it also helps that he's playing an offensive role that suits him right now and he's not asked to be their first or second option because sga and jdub are so good

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

not even close

Measures up statistically to every ROY from this century. Embiid, Griffin, CP3, and...Ben Simmons are the competition. Of course guys like LeBron had much different circumstances, so it's purely a numbers discussion right now.

Bruh what is this Mavs/Cavs game. Switched it off with Mavs up 10 w/ like 3 minutes left and saw the score with Cavs winning w/ 30 seconds left. And now the Cavs can’t inbound and give the Mavs the ball with a chance to win

24 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I don't agree with people who say SGA is the new Harden because he hunts fouls. He's extremely fun to watch.

the constant throwing his head back on the slightest contact when he's dribbling around the perimeter is a little ridiculous

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I don't agree with people who say SGA is the new Harden because he hunts fouls. He's extremely fun to watch.

Meh. I hate watching him play. The dribble into somebody and throw your head back is such trash basketball. 

• Like 1