The MVP race

Steelersfan43

Arguing that Dak should be “in the conversation” implies that there’s still a “conversation” to be had at this point. That’s the problem: there’s not. Lamar clinched it today, the race is over. Insisting, unsolicited, that Dak should be somehow recognized as in the same ballpark smacks of homerism. We’re not here to discuss who’s 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th. Even the post you thought was agreeing with you actually said Lamar is a “no brainer” choice by now. So who cares where Dak falls into it? He’s not going to win and nor should he - we therefore have zero reason to mention him at this point. 

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

@Thomas5737 in absolute shambles after his “will lamar ever be good again? i doubt it” tirade this offseason

Yeah, that's made up. I simply said he hasn't been good for the past two years and only had one great season.

He certainly has stepped up this year. I really don't understand the defensive mindset some teams (like today) where they just give him free reign to throw and he is hardly ever under pressure. Makes it way too easy to read the field. Why play him one way in the regular season and another in the post season?

But credit where it's due, he is on one of his hot streaks and it's a great time for it... For the Ravens.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Arguing that Dak should be “in the conversation” implies that there’s still a “conversation” to be had at this point. That’s the problem: there’s not. Lamar clinched it today, the race is over. Insisting, unsolicited, that Dak should be somehow recognized as in the same ballpark smacks of homerism. We’re not here to discuss who’s 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th. Even the post you thought was agreeing with you actually said Lamar is a “no brainer” choice by now. So who cares where Dak falls into it? He’s not going to win and nor should he - we therefore have zero reason to mention him at this point. 

Yeah, I mean this is a fair point.

Even if we say Dak is #2, if Lamar locked it up then he's out of the conversation like everyone else. 

Just to take it to the extreme for a moment - If Lamar were to go out next week and Brock Purdy it (idk if he even plays lol) and they lose to the Stillers and Dak were to go out and put up 300 4:0 against the Commanders,......I still think Lamar would win it at this point tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

So you have nothing intelligent to add? I’m absolutely shocked. Lamar’s resume is pedestrian compared to what we typically see and you’re going to act like he can’t even be questioned in this year’s conversation. Its ridiculous.

Just treating your intelligent comment with the same degree of intelligence in response.

And you can question Lamar all you want. His resume stands on it's own. However, you cannot attempt to discredit him by making buffonish comments like you did by ignoranrantly stating Lamar barely contributed in the win against the 49ers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Soko said:

Not a Ravens or a Cowboys fan, but you see no irony in this whatsoever???

No, I don’t. I don’t personally attack people over a football opinion. Do I defend myself on a forum where pro-Dallas opinions are not welcome? Definitely.. though it’s really, realllly not worth the time when no one converses in good faith and think they’re right just by saying “lololol u r dum”. 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just can't wrap my head around the guy whose entire argument is "Lamar has pedestrian stats so he can't be MVP' telling everyone else they're not bringing anything intelligent to the conversation.

I literally never said this. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. 

Meanwhile this is coming from the guy that tried to argue this season that Dak is on Derek Carr level by simply posting bulk stats from last season in an injury affected year. When I asked you to elaborate, you refused. But now you’re saying that numbers/ production do not matter. 

Can’t make this stuff up. The bias is crazy.

34 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Just treating your intelligent comment with the same degree of intelligence in response.

And you can question Lamar all you want. His resume stands on it's own. However, you cannot attempt to discredit him by making buffonish comments like you did by ignoranrantly stating Lamar barely contributed in the win against the 49ers.

So again, in so many words the extent of your response is “no u r dum”. 

I was never even discrediting Lamar, only saying that his team as a whole has been spectacular and other names should be in the conversation, too. Apparently that’s grounds for personal insults. I never said Lamar can’t be MVP, I never criticized his play. I even said he has the narrative.. and yet you all come in here foaming at the mouth acting like I was going after your boy. It’s sad.

And as if Lamar’s defense wasn’t amazing against the Niners. I only brought it up because Dak was being dismissed for him and his team struggling there and losing to Miami in Miami (which absolutely wasn’t on Dak). 

Edited by NoFlyZone

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I literally never said this. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. 

Meanwhile this is coming from the guy that tried to argue this season that Dak is on Derek Carr level by simply posting bulk stats from last season in an injury affected year. When I asked you to elaborate, you refused. But now you’re saying that numbers/ production do not matter. 

Can’t make this stuff up. The bias is crazy.

You've said his resume is predestrian multiple times and you actually tried to make the argument that he's being propped up by his team, too. Unserious conversation.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You've said his resume is predestrian multiple times and you actually tried to make the argument that he's being propped up by his team, too. Unserious conversation.

Again, serious reading comprehension issue. I’m even offering you clarification and you’re refusing it. It’s an unserious conversation because you’re incapable of carrying out a coherent conversation. See yourself out. 

I don't like the Ravens and I dislike Lamar and Harbaugh.

But he is easily the MVP, he was before today and he just obliterated any discussion today.

Gus Edwards is the DEFINITION of average. Likely is average. OBJ and Zay are both #2s right now.

And yet they are borderline unstoppable, and just destroyed a team who was playing great defense for weeks. Sometimes you have to look beyond how many TDs someone scores, and if you think Gus Edwards getting 1 yard TDs after Lamar takes them down the field is why Lamar shouldn't get MVP then you need to reassess some things

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't like the Ravens and I dislike Lamar and Harbaugh.

But he is easily the MVP, he was before today and he just obliterated any discussion today.

Gus Edwards is the DEFINITION of average. Likely is average. OBJ and Zay are both #2s right now.

And yet they are borderline unstoppable, and just destroyed a team who was playing great defense for weeks. Sometimes you have to look beyond how many TDs someone scores, and if you think Gus Edwards getting 1 yard TDs after Lamar takes them down the field is why Lamar shouldn't get MVP then you need to reassess some things

So in other words they’re performing very well as a collective whole. Meanwhile Dak has no run game to lean on, and everyone knows that offense will live and die by his arm. I can understand Lamar winning, but acting like it isn’t close is crazy and speaks more to the team success than anything solely attributed to Lamar. But of course he is a big part of it.

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

So in other words they’re performing very well as a collective whole. Meanwhile Dak has no run game to lean on, and everyone knows that offense will live and die by his arm. I can understand Lamar winning, but acting like it isn’t close is crazy and speaks more to the team success than anything solely attributed to Lamar. But of course he is a big part of it.

The Ravens run game is better than Dallas' BECAUSE of Lamar. The Cowboys have better WRs, TEs, RBs and a better OL.

I would have Allen and Purdy over Dak too

• Like 3