Week 8 GDT: Texans @ Panthers

lumberjackchris

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:
2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Eh, it'a 1 game, and the Magic are ridiculously long and dominated the boards. Plus a young team going full speed in a new system, it's going to be bumpy. Check back in come January 

Bingo.  

Agreed - it's 1 of 82.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I do need the Texans to handle the Panthers Sunday for my sanity 

I need a W, simply because I need to see us beat a team we are better than - a top to bottom W against an inferior opponent with inferior coaching.

I've seen too many Texans regimes play down to opponents, that needs to stop with the Ryans regime.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

I need a W, simply because I need to see us beat a team we are better than - a top to bottom W against an inferior opponent with inferior coaching.

I've seen too many Texans regimes play down to opponents, that needs to stop with the Ryans regime.

I might end up grabbing tickets to the game vs the Jags before they go up via the resellers.  Colts probably wont be a factor with Minshew as starting QB and the Titans are basically punting the season with Levis as starting QB.  Texans and Jags will battle for the division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I might end up grabbing tickets to the game vs the Jags before they go up via the resellers.  Colts probably wont be a factor with Minshew as starting QB and the Titans are basically punting the season with Levis as starting QB.  Texans and Jags will battle for the division. 

Eh... Minshew did beat us. In Houston, no less. Colts might not contend, but they're probably into playing spoiler where they can.

42 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Looks like Bobby Trees is out this week which is fine with Tank coming back and the emergence of Schultz over the last month 

Brevin Jordan and Sheldon Rankins also out. Rankins out means Ridgeway gets plenty of opportunities to take snaps. 

I have a feeling that John Metchie III has a breakout of sorts - 5/45 and his first career tuddy, IMO. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I can’t wait to watch CJ clown Bryce. 

The best thing about CJ is his work ethic. He got better every game at OSU.

I'm expecting the worst, only because it's the Texans way. A W against Carolina would go a long way in my book. A win against an opponent you're supposed to beat. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blaze said:

I'm expecting the worst, only because it's the Texans way. A W against Carolina would go a long way in my book. A win against an opponent you're supposed to beat. 

I'm sort of in this boat too. Top to bottom the Texans are the better team. This is the exact sort of game the Texans fumble, they play down in the worst way to these teams. 

They also play very flat and uninspired following the bye week, they start out slow and never get out of first gear until late in the game.

The Ryans era has to prove this is done before I stop thinking of these things.

• Like 1