Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

51 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I absolutely hate this series schedule. 4PM Thursday and 2PM Friday.

MLB would get more viewers airing both games in prime time vs. when most are working, I'd think.

The 4pm Thursday could be to avoid the Patriots game on TNF

2pm on a friday is god awful, whats that for Stros fans? 11am?

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The 4pm Thursday could be to avoid the Patriots game on TNF

2pm on a friday is god awful, whats that for Stros fans? 11am?

4 PM Thursday is to ensure that if the Yankees are playing, they get the prime time spot. NY/CLE will draw better ratings than Boston/Houston

The game 3 schedule (Friday) is always a problem when you're accommodating a west coast team. The Dodgers get the late game because they're the only option. MLB wants the Cubs/Nationals in the prime time spot for obvious reasons (huge markets, defending champs). That leaves the AL games with the early matchups and clearly MLB would rather have the Yankees (if they advance) in the later afternoon spot. 

Annoying but nothing new. The divisional series start times are always an issue 

Gotta toss in a subtle jab at IT, per usual. I'm super excited about this season too though. I can't wait to watch Irving and Hayward, and the development of the young guys like Brown and Tatum. Great time to be a Celtics fan.

I'm not saying tomorrow is a must win for the Red Sox, but it's a must win. Praying Sale shoves so we don't have to hear all off-season about how he's like Price in the post season. Speaking of Price, I could see him being the x-factor in this series.

19 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Gotta toss in a subtle jab at IT, per usual. I'm super excited about this season too though. I can't wait to watch Irving and Hayward, and the development of the young guys like Brown and Tatum. Great time to be a Celtics fan.

I'm not saying tomorrow is a must win for the Red Sox, but it's a must win. Praying Sale shoves so we don't have to hear all off-season about how he's like Price in the post season. Speaking of Price, I could see him being the x-factor in this series.

I'll say it - it's a must win for the Sox any time Sale pitches in the playoffs. I have no confidence in the hitting or any other starter. Their postseason strategy needs to be to win Sale starts and split non-Sale games. 

On paper, the Sox are the worst team in the playoffs in terms of overall roster construction. The strength of their team is probably the bullpen yet not too many people would really feel comfortable with Barnes or Kelly in a 1 run elimination game.

Regardless of how the playoffs work out, they need to retool the offense in the offseason. I fear though that they will go with virtually the same group for next year and hope for breakout years from Devers and Benintendi and rebound years from everyone else.

4 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

I also doubt the Sox want to spend that much this offseason with so many young players needing extensions.

I feel like they will look to sign one guy to an above average sized contract but mostly look to fill out the bench

Archived