2023 GDT Week #8 Steelers host the Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #8 Weekly Poll Question  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Steelers take advantage of two generous/lucky wins to build upon going forward?

• Yes. They have three winnable games at home to help build upon.
    • No. They have been more lucky than good and won't grow from this.
    • Have No Clue. The only thing consistent about the Steelers is their inconsistency.

39 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I don’t trust Rooney to get a HC if we need it. 

In fairness, its hard to find an actual GOOD head coach....which is part of the reason why so many people are so afraid to move on from Tomlin.     Not that he is necessarily "good" either, but there are some real stinkers out there.

Im curious to know how many of our personnel decisions Rooney plays a part in.   I dont know the exact extent of his involvement, but  I dont see him as the Irsay or Jerruh type that wants to have a hand in everything the team does.      Obviously I know he would have a big hand in the head coaching hire and even did for the GM (for the record, still not a fan of Khan being promoted, but bringing in Weidl and trading Claypool gave me some hope), but I wonder how much he influences the rest of the coaching staff, or if he lets Tomlin and the GM handle that for the most part.

The worst part about this season will be there it wasted 1 of Watts final prime years, a year of Minkahs prime and a year of cheap rookie level contracts for Jones and Porter and even Pickens(I know he’s a 2nd year guy but with that IiRC his deal is only 4 years)

As of right now, we don’t know if Kenny is that guy…and even if you have hope you’ll have to wait til next year when they hire a new OC and go from there, wasting 3 years of his rookie contract).

I doubt the next coach will be as successful as Mike, but I doubt it would be hard to find a HC, who will have a offense this systemically rotten. Take the risk with one of these offensive wiz kids. might spark a match this organization needs. make Steeler games fun again. 

Just now, AFF said:

The worst part about this season will be there it wasted 1 of Watts final prime years, a year of Minkahs prime and a year of cheap rookie level contracts for Jones and Porter and even Pickens(I know he’s a 2nd year guy but with that IiRC his deal is only 4 years)

As of right now, we don’t know if Kenny is that guy…and even if you have hope you’ll have to wait til next year when they hire a new OC and go from there, wasting 3 years of his rookie contract).

keeping canada was mistake #1

Not vastly improving the OL was up there. I still think Herbig or Daniels could replace cole but they won't do that. Jones at LT too, but they will only do that if injury forces the change

this run defence is about the worst we have had other than the one time a few years ago - since about 40 years maybe much further back  actually.  

this offence is on a pace to be historic though, something they should get hassled about for years IMO.  Something that bad shouldn't be forgotten . 

Too bad TJ is wasting away here, he will probably be another great player that wasted his career on a team that was just hopeless. 

we will lose next week even if KP plays. Levis will throw at will vs this porous defence, then consider Henry in the run game . Next week will be a long game for the defence

26 minutes ago, 43M said:

In fairness, its hard to find an actual GOOD head coach....which is part of the reason why so many people are so afraid to move on from Tomlin.     Not that he is necessarily "good" either, but there are some real stinkers out there.

Im curious to know how many of our personnel decisions Rooney plays a part in.   I dont know the exact extent of his involvement, but  I dont see him as the Irsay or Jerruh type that wants to have a hand in everything the team does.      Obviously I know he would have a big hand in the head coaching hire and even did for the GM (for the record, still not a fan of Khan being promoted, but bringing in Weidl and trading Claypool gave me some hope), but I wonder how much he influences the rest of the coaching staff, or if he lets Tomlin and the GM handle that for the most part.

He’s more involved than many think. Dan used to just be in the know to tie break. I’ve heard Art is in there and gives opinions. He’s more Jerruh than any of us like to admit. 

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

I doubt the next coach will be as successful as Mike, but I doubt it would be hard to find a HC, who will have a offense this systemically rotten. Take the risk with one of these offensive wiz kids. might spark a match this organization needs. make Steeler games fun again. 

@jebrick put out a good list they should be looking at…position coaches from upper level offenses…it was a few weeks back

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

we're already seeing that with Mike. 

thats my gripe in the quote.  We already have a rotten run defence and we know how this is to watch. 

This team needs to turn it around but I am starting to think these coaches won't get that to happen.  Run defence alone is a major problem.  Then consider we can't run the ball vs a legit defence and then the canada effect. Austin isn't far from canada in my book either. 

• Like 1