2023 GDT Week #8 Steelers host the Jaguars

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #8 Weekly Poll Question  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Steelers take advantage of two generous/lucky wins to build upon going forward?

• Yes. They have three winnable games at home to help build upon.
    • No. They have been more lucky than good and won't grow from this.
    • Have No Clue. The only thing consistent about the Steelers is their inconsistency.

Tomlin: JPJ has done enough to become a regular starter.

Said he hasn’t seen DJ’s comments but is planning to talk to him about it.

On the upcoming trade deadline: We’re always open for business. (This is a big change from the Colbert days comments about needing opportunities to deal)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

Nobody.  I’m just putting my thoughts out there.  

Gotcha. I think you got to be open both ways TBH. I mean if you can get Kyler Murray for a 2nd you do it. But on the flip if someone offers like 2 1sts for Highsmith you got to be listening. 

58 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Gotcha. I think you got to be open both ways TBH. I mean if you can get Kyler Murray for a 2nd you do it. But on the flip if someone offers like 2 1sts for Highsmith you got to be listening. 

Not a fan of Kylers at all. But I get your drift and agree with the premise. 

If you could get something strong for Diontae I would strongly consider it. It sounds blasphemous but if somebody offered an absurd haul for GP I would consider it also. I do worry that he becomes a problem in future years with antics. More so because you continue to let him be "funny". Not because of getting money , but if 3 years from now you find out hes a jerk and hasnt matured and its time to pay him.. Hopefully not. His behaviors are different for sure. 

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Not a fan of Kylers at all. But I get your drift and agree with the premise. 

If you could get something strong for Diontae I would strongly consider it. It sounds blasphemous but if somebody offered an absurd haul for GP I would consider it also. I do worry that he becomes a problem in future years with antics. More so because you continue to let him be "funny". Not because of getting money , but if 3 years from now you find out hes a jerk and hasnt matured and its time to pay him.. Hopefully not. His behaviors are different for sure. 

I personally wouldn’t want Kyler, I was just trying to toss out a name that could be had cheap and would likely be available.

I think really no one should be untouchable in terms of taking a call, but they would be for the haul it would take.  Like is it blasphemous to trade TJ? Yes.  But if Buffalo were to call and offer 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds are you really going to hang up on them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

kyler  - NO. Not for free.   How could he be had for cheap with all that guaranteed contract? 

if dobbs stays there as QB2, then trade chuks for   Clayton Tune and be glad you did. If Tune is QB3 for them, he won't play so a trade could happen

keep Highsmith, why would you consider trading him?  Keep legit good players, let players that are fragile or not good go elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I think really no one should be untouchable in terms of taking a call, but they would be for the haul it would take.  Like is it blasphemous to trade TJ? Yes.  But if Buffalo were to call and offer 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds are you really going to hang up on them?

untouchable is  questionavble IMO. Some players should be considered pillars and they stay, ie: Watt , Highsmith, Minkah, JPj, Warren, GP to name a few.

Blasphemous to trade TJ, but if it's what you mentioned, they might at least try to blame a pocket dial phone call . 

I don't think this team is as far off talent wise as they are coaching wise. Issues  are  there, but the coaching is terrible. OL  can't run block and defence can't stop the run.  How do they expect to win with that? The 2 worst run defences the Steelers have had were Tomlin's recent defences.  OIW, the one season wasn't just a fluke,  there is consistency here to consider. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I personally wouldn’t want Kyler, I was just trying to toss out a name that could be had cheap and would likely be available.

For me with my comment I don’t equate “cheap” with “**** then picks”. 

Actually cheap is great.  Now would I be upset if we traded our 1st for a young elite player a la the Minkah trade.  Most likely not.  But on the other hand if we traded 2 firsts a second and a 4th or whatever for 1 player that leans more into **** then picks and I don’t think they can afford to **** them all for 1 player.  ******* a few for multiple upgrades then sure. I just don’t want too much ******* going on with our equivalent ******* coming back. 

can we even care enough anymore though? Thats  where we are at,  wtf am I wasting time watching this garbage for? At one time the offence had 9 yards to 100 for Jags. I mean thats a 10x difference, how often does that happen? This offence can make a decent defence look like the 2000 ravens, 85 bears or 76 Steelers.

As much as we have been anticanada,  lets take a look at the defence. They are not much better despite the resources that have been put into the defence.  Run defence is about the worst we have had since 1960's or so.

The point and yard differential for our offence  isn't good either. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

can we even care enough anymore though? Thats  where we are at,  wtf am I wasting time watching this garbage for? At one time the offence had 9 yards to 100 for Jags. I mean thats a 10x difference, how often does that happen? This offence can make a decent defence look like the 2000 ravens, 85 bears or 76 Steelers.

As much as we have been anticanada,  lets take a look at the defence. They are not much better despite the resources that have been put into the defence.  Run defence is about the worst we have had since 1960's or so.

The point and yard differential for our offence  isn't good either. 

The defense held them to under the league average.  Is it their fault that the offense is so inept?

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

no.  

run defence isn't  near what it needs to be. 

offence is trash indeed, whoever is to blame, have at it

The defense got them 3 turnovers!!  I am sure the defense will have to score all the points next.  You can't keep having opponents getting the ball 2x as much as the Steelers.

And the run defense sucks.  I said that at the beginning of the year and it will not change.  Benton is not the answer as he is not a NT.  All hopes are being pined on Heyward but that is too much.

Just now, jebrick said:

The defense got them 3 turnovers!!  I am sure the defense will have to score all the points next.  You can't keep having opponents getting the ball 2x as much as the Steelers.

And the run defense sucks.  I said that at the beginning of the year and it will not change.  Benton is not the answer as he is not a NT.  All hopes are being pined on Heyward but that is too much.

TO's help but every down consistency in run defence will be much appreciated if it ever arrives that is. 

Heyward won't save the day , but might improve defence  enough at best.  The scheme might be more at fault that I know as well.   

3 TO's - effort is there all the time for this. Too bad the trenches aren't solid. 

why care though, they (coaches/owner) don't seem to