The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Again not a single thing to debate.  I’ve said my piece. Y’all media sheep who can’t form your own thought or debate. Even show an actual rule that was broke other than the one I sited.  Good day and enjoy watching Michigan run the table. 

ps- who do you think hired the PI firm? Ryan Days brother runs a PI firm. Facts.  WaPo reported someone hired a PI firm 

The fact you called us all media sheep and then typed that last statement is gorgeous.

Thank you for that.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 4

I don’t buy the Ryan Day conspiracy theory, but even if it was true, I’m not sure who in their right mind would be OK with somebody going against the rules and knowing your plays illegally. The finger pointing at who the snitch is actually pretty funny. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t buy the Ryan Day conspiracy theory, but even if it was true, I’m not sure who in their right mind would be OK with somebody going against the rules and knowing your plays illegally. The finger pointing at who the snitch is actually pretty funny. 

The beautiful irony of the accusation is that hiring a PI firm is technically the more ethical way to spy on someone anyway.

• Like 2

What actual evidence do you have?!?! asks delusional fan who ignores actual footage and pictures from stadium security tapes complete with timestamps and laminated hand call sheets standing next to coordinators relaying information who say said coach “acted alone”.

• Like 1

Stalions was clearly able to decipher signals, get his play sheet drawn up, and get it laminated on UM card stock paper all within 30 seconds of a team’s first drive and he clearly spent more than his salary on tickets for family friends and others who taped sidelines for their own purposes.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I get The Who the snitch is really doesn’t matter it just makes Day look soft and opens a Pandora’s box if all these teams can start hiring PI’s to investigate their rivals.  Obviously there could still be a ton of illegal happening that we just don’t know about yet but the hacking thing hasn’t been proven or even really publicly alleged. It’s just OSU msg board fairy tails right now and the fact some of u act like it actually happened kind of makes my point .  

If rules were directly broken they should be punished but the narrative and ignorance around what the rules actually are is the concern.  Sign stealing is not against the rules.  Paying for 3rd party scouting tape is not against the rules. The use of technology to steal signs/scout rule is directly under rules of in game participants. Meaning it can’t be used during the game your playing at the time. In person scouting is against the rules and has a precedent for punishment.  Did Harbaugh know? We don’t know for sure but all the evidence points to a crazy guy doing his own thing. The CMU sideline stuff is like addiction level just see if I can get away with it ****. Like what did he gain that his vast network couldn’t have got from the stands 

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I get The Who the snitch is really doesn’t matter it just makes Day look soft and opens a Pandora’s box if all these teams can start hiring PI’s to investigate their rivals.  

First of all, there is no evidence Ohio State has anything to do with it. There’s certainly evidence of a number of teams knowing about what was going on though.

if it was Ryan day, what would you expect him to do? Just keep changing signals around and allow your arrival to cheat and know your plays? There are videos of Stalions next to Jesse Minter against Ohio State telling him we were running it and then watching the safeties crashing in passing downs. This stuffs ridiculous. I don’t get the solution you are lobbying for here. I’m not even including the rumor mill of practice footage being hacked, etc. We can just address the illegal sign stealing issue. This stuff is out of control. We are talking about people wanting it at least investigated. This is a pretty obvious thing to want.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Stalions was clearly able to decipher signals, get his play sheet drawn up, and get it laminated on UM card stock paper all within 30 seconds of a team’s first drive and he clearly spent more than his salary on tickets for family friends and others who taped sidelines for their own purposes.

I’m not denying Stallions stole signs. I’m not denying he bought tickets to future opponents games and had people record there sideline. I’m telling you there’s no rule against it

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

giphy.gif

Like I said more could come out but right now there is zero evidence the coaches knew or where in on this. It’s certainly possible they did. It’s also possible a guy in the navy that rented out every room in his house and slept in his car so he could travel across the country and to be at every UM game before he was ever in staff, wrote a manifesto and wore a disguise to sneak onto cmu’s sideline just mite have a screw lose and been doing his own thing.   Even if they knew on some level I highly doubt they signed off on sneaking onto cmu’s sideline.  Anyway. We aren’t getting anywhere. Nothing personal. Have a good one. 

16 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

We don’t know for sure but all the evidence points to a crazy guy doing his own thing. 

And then Michigan just listening to a crazy guy and not asking the questions how he got this information so quickly and detailed? 

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

First of all, there is no evidence Ohio State has anything to do with it. There’s certainly evidence of a number of teams knowing about what was going on though.

if it was Ryan day, what would you expect him to do? Just keep changing signals around and allow your arrival to cheat and know your plays? There are videos of Stalions next to Jesse Minter against Ohio State telling him we were running it and then watching the safeties crashing in passing downs. This stuffs ridiculous. I don’t get the solution you are lobbying for here. I’m not even including the rumor mill of practice footage being hacked, etc. We can just address the illegal sign stealing issue. This stuff is out of control. We are talking about people wanting it at least investigated. This is a pretty obvious thing to want.

I agree about wanting it investigated.  Didn’t OSU go huddle in the 2nd half when Clemson was stealing there signals?  Where was the outrage?  You guys keep saying illegal sign stealing but it’s not against any rules in fact it’s expected 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The way they are accused of doing it is though, isn't it?

No. There is no rule against it assuming he used 3rd parties to scout/tape. If that’s him on CMU sideline that’s a violation.  Baylor coach got 1/2 game suspension for same thing 

There’s actually a statement from the ncaa last offseason that they considered getting rid of this rule all together because it’s unenforceable with todays technology and provides minimal advantage