The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is why I guess Im somewhat confused on why UM hasnt handled any of this internally to stop the bleeding a bit or at least soften the NCAA/B1G punishment that is going to happen.

Simple: Michigan has no option. The NCAA and B1G aren't offering a deal.

Even if they'll offer a deal eventually (and tbh I'm skeptical), they aren't going to now when they don't even know how bad this is. That'd basically be a blank check.

People will disagree, but purely from a tactical standpoint Michigan was dumb to fire Stallions, he's more valuable to them as a scalp to offer in a deal than whatever $55k pro-rated is.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Seems like a halfstep measure by the B1G to give the other teams in the conference their pound of flesh.

I mean, yeah. But that's what people are asking for.

I've said this already, but the answer is to bring the hammer down on Harbaugh for the cheeseburger. Kill him for something unrelated now so that the B1G and NCAA have time to investigate and properly throw the book at him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I love how 75% of information on social media is screenshots from people on UM message boards going by the name of xXDragonFire69Xx claiming they know deep knowledge of the situation.

Heres the plan guys.... here it is....we completely make up some rumors on the FF College Football sub forum and hope to god one of the nerds get ahold of it on social media, screenshot us into the Twitter-verse and get our 15 mins of fame in the news cycle and some retweets by some bluechecks. Making us headline news on ESPN.

We cant let this opportunity pass to put FootballsFuture on the map.

there-is-an-opportunity-here-opportunity

We could never come up with something this funny.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Deflect…deflect…pass blame…

Rinse and repeat.

You serious? Try some objectivity. No one’s passing blame. You just don’t like what the story has to say.  To you this is about damaging Michigan you don’t really care that other schools are doing it. 

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've said this already, but the answer is to bring the hammer down on Harbaugh for the cheeseburger. Kill him for something unrelated now so that the B1G and NCAA have time to investigate and properly throw the book at him.

It’s the football equivalent of Al Capone tax evasion

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

You serious? Try some objectivity. No one’s passing blame. You just don’t like what the story has to say.  To you this is about damaging Michigan you don’t really care that other schools are doing it. 

True or not, I don’t feel the need to even talk about what other teams might be doing here. Written by a Michigan writer who is deflecting cheating by pointing at other teams stealing signs (maybe legally) and maybe sharing them. I don’t dislike the content at all. These are just Hail Mary attempts to distract from the real issue here which is Connor stallions and what’s going on with Michigan.

18 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-sign-stealing-452b6a83bb0d0a3707f633af72fe92ac

Also of note, Illinois assistant has also thrown Walters under the bus saying they had all of Michigans signals and plays ahead of time but could not provide evidence they were acquired illegally 

Okay, so punish whoever they are and Michigan?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

True or not, I don’t feel the need to even talk about what other teams might be doing here. Written by a Michigan writer who is deflecting cheating by pointing at other teams stealing signs (maybe legally) and maybe sharing them. I don’t dislike the content at all. These are just Hail Mary attempts to distract from the real issue here which is Connor stallions and what’s going on with Michigan.

No that’s what you want the issue to be. Because you fear Michigan and they are in your head.  There is more to the story and it’s going to continue to drip from the other side now.  

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Article:

“ being unfairly blamed for the actions of a rogue staffer.”

No wonder this is a good source for you.

There’s zero evidence to suggest other wise. Just the hopes and dreams of those who have been left behind.  Maybe some coaches knew maybe they didn’t but no had presented anything suggesting they did. 

You can hate and hope but do you really believe Harbaugh signed off on this guy going onto the CMU sideline to do something that doesn’t even create a competitive advantage ? 

So far the only real source pushing any of this stuff has been utterly obsessed Pete Thamel who has been unreliable all along the way and clearly had an agenda. Guy puts out a new article everyday rarely containing any new information