The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

43 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

If you don't think there will be a fallout for this in recruiting I don't know what to say. 

like I said hopefully NIL can keep up. A loss of scholarships at this point is a given 

If there is a bowl ban of any sort (or a chance to compete for a NC), I can't see how there won't be an effect on recruiting. If US Integrity finds anything, it could get substantially worse. I don't know if anything will come of that but them looking around isn't what you want. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

20 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If there is a bowl ban of any sort (or a chance to compete for a NC), I can't see how there won't be an effect on recruiting. If US Integrity finds anything, it could get substantially worse. I don't know if anything will come of that but them looking around isn't what you want. 

There is way too much smoke outside of just the Stalions thing to not be fire somewhere else as well. Punishment is imminent, but I feel like the NCAA is going to be working on this one for a while. Every week it feels like there is something else adding to the pile.

Also, no recruits have dropped yet because punishment hasn't been administered. When it does and the NCAA gives bowl bans, takes scholarships and/or Harbs leaves for the NFL....those recruits are going to drop like flies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

The major issue is the NCAA is weak in its ability to punish anywhere near what any opposing fan base will want.

Thats just reality. The punishment will be short of what people against it want. 

Depends. Its impossible to say or even project right now with so many things outstanding.

They still have to finalize all of the Stalions sign stealing, the Blake Corum real estate fiasco, Weiss' cyber crimes, if coaches were on the sidelines at CMU and now investigations into sports gambling.

Thats a lotta stuff to wiggle yourself out of and get a 1 yr bowl ban. It will all play out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Depends. Its impossible to say or even project right now with so many things outstanding.

They still have to finalize all of the Stalions sign stealing, the Blake Corum real estate fiasco, Weiss' cyber crimes, if coaches were on the sidelines at CMU and now investigations into sports gambling.

Thats a lotta stuff to wiggle yourself out of and get a 1 yr bowl ban. It will all play out.

Man I’m not sure which fan base is more delusional at this point. The so called “insiders” on both sides are just feeding us what we want to hear. Over exaggerating things that are irrelevant and/or flat out false.   Truth is no actual new news of relevance has dropped in weeks now it’s all insider spin and we are eating it up.  I have no idea what really happened and neither do any of you.  Every one is just jumping to the conclusion that best suits there desire.  We’ll see what happens but frankly until anything of substance comes out I’ve grown tired of this entire debacle and debate. Gonna try to go back to just enjoying the game I love.  

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Could have fooled me. 

Don’t get me wrong, based on the evidence we’ve been provided I think this is a completely over blown issue. I think this is a clear case of selective enforcement. Although the ncaa has given no penalty i think penalties being suggested by buckeye fans are beyond ridiculous and very selective use of ncaa by laws that could essentially be used to hammer any program at any time for any reason they deem, but I digress.

The scope or drama of scheme or story doesn’t change the fact that in person scouting by the ncaa’s own ad mission is a minor violation that provides minimal if any advantage.  All we know is Stallions hired 3rd party individuals to in person scout games and give him intel. It’s debatable if this is even against any specific rule but could be argued it goes against the spirit of the rule.  We know he most likely was on the CMU sideline and while I think that was in fact him it’s still a tricky situation where I don’t think anyone will be able to prove it was him. 

Beyond that is just everyone’s own inherently biased opinions based on no actual evidence that has been presented. The entire practice tape fiasco is kind of hilarious with both sides claiming to have evidence of the other doing it but there just holding onto it for no apparent reason.  Fans are regurgitating it as if it’s fact.  

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-sign-stealing-harbaugh-2104061531f5dc497d88f1d77b474b7d

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Connor Stalions, the former Michigan staffer at the center of sign-stealing investigation by the NCAA, did not file any expense reports during the 17 months he was formally employed by the football program, according to the school.

Play/Pause VideoMute/Unmute Video

ADVERTISEMENT

The Associated Press filed a Freedom of Information Act request for Stalions’ expense reports while he was employed from May 2022 through Nov. 3, 2023. There are no responsive records, Patricia Sellinger, chief freedom of information officer at the school, replied in an email sent Wednesday.

now_why_is_that.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Lol what are you trying to say?  My assumption is your interpretation of this information is backwards.  The money obviously could have come from anywhere but this only shows it didnt come from the university.  The Corum llc is a fraud that doesn’t have a signature from Corum.  That’s a fact.  While this doesn’t prove anything other than the U wasn’t paying for his scheme it does file under the side of more than likely he was doing this on his own.  No one can find a money trail leading back to anyone from Michigan other than Stallions himself. 

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Lol what are you trying to say?  My assumption is your interpretation of this information is backwards.  The money obviously could have come from anywhere but this only shows it didnt come from the university.  The Corum llc is a fraud that doesn’t have a signature from Corum.  That’s a fact.  While this doesn’t prove anything other than the U wasn’t paying for his scheme it does file under the side of more than likely he was doing this on his own.  No one can find a money trail leading back to anyone from Michigan other than Stallions himself. 

Bud, you're the one jumping to wild speculation here bringing some other LLC into this. I just asked a question.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This just makes the Big Tens early suspension look worse. It's why they really needed NCAA to expedite this whole thing. 

Not a great look for Big Ten Commish so far so they need to get the evidence out there to support the decisions.

I fully think in the end they will get there but I don't know how the Judge doesn't lift the suspension.

Something will come later in terms of punishment for sure. They are just making this process messy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Bud, you're the one jumping to wild speculation here bringing some other LLC into this. I just asked a question.

Oh we are going the coy route now? You know what you were trying to insinuate. This only further proves all the completely fabricated evidence and non sense coming from all the pay site insiders and msg board fake sources (both sides admittedly ). Remember the Stallions expense report supposedly signed by JayBaugh? This proves that was a lie

31 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Oh we are going the coy route now? You know what you were trying to insinuate. This only further proves all the completely fabricated evidence and non sense coming from all the pay site insiders and msg board fake sources (both sides admittedly ). Remember the Stallions expense report supposedly signed by JayBaugh? This proves that was a lie

I asked why is that with a meme. You went full tin foil hat. Don't blame me. And no, I don't remember the expense report Harbaugh thing because I assume it got called out early.