Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't care about draft picks. I want this win at the pats so we can end this dumb losing streak against them so they will not bring it up over and over again next year. 

Pats are cellar team and Jets couldn't beat them?  We will see Freddy Krueger right away. lol

On 12/30/2023 at 1:22 PM, Dr.O said:

If we lose next week theoretically what pick would we have? Would be back in Alt/Olu territory?

Depends on other teams, as high as 5 as low as 12. But the Jets are playing a top 10 defense, with a patchwork OL of out of work truckers and short order cooks manning the OL.

we lose

Giants chargers and Titans win.

NE picks 4th

we pick 5th.

oof

Side note. Im starting to lean on the "Maybe dont pay huff a ton as a situational pass rusher" Train.

Can we tender him so he can test the market and if we move on get picks?

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, drew39k said:

If you put either of Tua or Purdy in our offense they'd have failed too. And yeah, if you put Zach in either one of their situation he would have been able to win games.  You are vastly underselling how large of a difference there is between the systems in those places compared to ours. 

Both of those teams have good offensive lines, incredible running games and multiple dynamic pass catchers. 

The jets failed to surround Zach with anything remotely close to a functioning offense. They failed to provide him with even passable coaching. You could put any young QB with upside in this situation and they'd look like crap. 

Don't expect a QB to develop properly when you give them a new OC every season, a crap offensive line that has no consistency game to game and a group of wrs that have some of the highest drop rates in the game. 

The Jets followed the book, to a tee, on how to ruin a QB. It's even worse that the did the exact same thing with Darnold and show no signs of doing anything different moving forward. And honestly, it's because ownership doesn't have the balls to stand up to the segment of our fan base that has no sense of reality and expect instant magic success. And if that success isn't had then burn it all to the ground a start over hoping for more instant success.

A.R. fell under the Zach Wilson curse.......The dreaded O.L., YES the "offensive" as in terrible linemen. Think it can't happen again? Theres still "play it back once again" on the agenda. Could we be looking at a repeat of 2023?

Zach fell under the curse of Darnold, it just goes on and on.

Off topic a bit, but if I were a GM with an opportunity to vastly improve my teams chances of winning at lest in the Top 10 picks, you never, never pass on generational talent.

QB's are a crapshoot, guys who are supposed to be world beaters and sure things never turn out, in fact QB's are the most disappointing of draft choices because so much is expected and half to 3/4 never turn out. 

So here we are in 2023 draft class, so from 1 to 10 here is how I see it. 

1. Chicago picks not a QB but a WR in Harrison

2.N.E. takes a QB Caleb Williams

3.Arizona takes a QB Drake Maye

4. Washington takes a QB none other than Michael Penix 

5. Giants comes back with Jaden Daniels 

6.Chargers  Brock Bowers falls into their lap

7. Titans take Malik Nabers

8. Jets have their pick of OT, and trade down with Green Bay landing a the 2nd rounder they traded  and a 2024 third rounder

9. Atlanta Falcons take ER Dallas Turner

10. Jets draft Joe Alt

Chicago ends up with a generational talent in Harrison and the best TE to come out of college in a decade. Both Pro Bowl calibre talents.

The Jets get their blue chip OT, and draft capitol to add another OT/WR/QB if they so desire.

4 hours ago, Big T said:

Off topic a bit, but if I were a GM with an opportunity to vastly improve my teams chances of winning at lest in the Top 10 picks, you never, never pass on generational talent.

QB's are a crapshoot, guys who are supposed to be world beaters and sure things never turn out, in fact QB's are the most disappointing of draft choices because so much is expected and half to 3/4 never turn out. 

So here we are in 2023 draft class, so from 1 to 10 here is how I see it. 

1. Chicago picks not a QB but a WR in Harrison

2.N.E. takes a QB Caleb Williams

3.Arizona takes a QB Drake Maye

4. Washington takes a QB none other than Michael Penix 

5. Giants comes back with Jaden Daniels 

6.Chargers  Brock Bowers falls into their lap

7. Titans take Malik Nabers

8. Jets have their pick of OT, and trade down with Green Bay landing a the 2nd rounder they traded  and a 2024 third rounder

9. Atlanta Falcons take ER Dallas Turner

10. Jets draft Joe Alt

Chicago ends up with a generational talent in Harrison and the best TE to come out of college in a decade. Both Pro Bowl calibre talents.

The Jets get their blue chip OT, and draft capitol to add another OT/WR/QB if they so desire.

Ive been thinking this for a while now. Would love to move up a couple spots to make it that much more secure but alot of big talent in the top ten and teams that have needs outside of LT. 

It's crazy how both sides of the ball got worse since last season. I'm trying to gain confidence that this coaching staff can get it done if JD gives them more talent. When I look at some of my favorites like JH and Tomlin, they remain competitive no matter who is out there. Baltimore has had only 2 losing seasons since JH joined in 2008. Tomlin since 2007 hasn't had a losing season. They did this with different QBs, injured teams, and in tougher divisions. They both came from defensive coaching jobs before taking their current positions.

The best part about them is that tanking is never on their minds. None of the QBs they had the most success with were top-10 picks. I really want Saleh and JD to be on their level. It starts with the GM though. Has had to be good at scouting on all levels and be able to find a coach that puts his players in a position to win. It can't be one or the other. 

They were doing a segment on the radio this morning on the “best coaching job” and “worst coaching” job this season and Saleh got absolutely roasted, up there with Ron Rivera. These guys better pray Rodgers stays healthy and plays much better than he did in 2022.

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I legit laughed out loud to this lol. It’s a shame that these guys are gonna get another Shot at this JD is a C-D+ GM that some fans treat like a GM that has it all figured out, Saleh is a fraud guy came in with this fiery attitude and now coaches like a scared puppy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I legit laughed out loud to this lol. It’s a shame that these guys are gonna get another Shot at this JD is a C-D+ GM that some fans treat like a GM that has it all figured out, Saleh is a fraud guy came in with this fiery attitude and now coaches like a scared puppy.

Douglas is a bigger failure than Saleh IMO. Saleh is flawed, but at least he has the defense where it should be. Couldn’t say the same about Bowles and Gase and their side of the balls.

Douglas has been awful outside of the 2022 draft. Like giving MacCagnan a run for his money