Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Didn’t an owner get ousted for saying exactly this? 

Honestly it was blown out proportion and people tried to make it a race thing when it’s not. I think it’s a perfectly fine exaggerated comment. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Those of us who have supported AP has HC for next year have been saying this, it's not really news about Maxx (and potentially Adams). You saw the locker room change completely under AP, they don't want to go backwards on that. It's not really surprising, probably not even to those who don't want AP. But there's potential uproar from players that some may take action on. I'm not trying to see Maxx go anywhere because we hired a coach other than AP. You can say he shouldn't have that power, but he has it and AP gave it to him, so in a sense Mark Davis gave it to him. It'll be interesting to see if he's bluffing the second time around, and what it all means.

You can definitely say goodbye to Jack Jones and Josh Jacobs if AP isn't hired.

Don’t want Jacobs anyways, lol. 

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If people think Maxx will actually demand a trade if we hire Jim Harbaugh, Ben Johnson or Mike Vrabel over AP, then I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

100%. A lot of our subforum are prisoners of the moment and have no business running a franchise. I mean, I’d rather have AP over Vrabel… but I wouldn’t lose sleep hiring Vrabel over AP. They are basically the same coach imo. And I think Pierce has way better leadership. However, I’ll take Ben Johnson and Harbaugh over AP in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Honestly it was blown out proportion and people tried to make it a race thing when it’s not. I think it’s a perfectly fine exaggerated comment. 

I personally don’t think you should ever refer to employees as prisoners so agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

I personally don’t think you should ever refer to employees as prisoners so agree to disagree. 

I would never call them prisoners. But I have no problem saying “running the asylum” by itself without the word prisoners. Because every job is a prison, point blank. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

I would never call them prisoners. But I have no problem saying “running the asylum” by itself without the word prisoners. Because every job is a prison, point blank. 

We can definitely agree on every job being a prison. No doubt about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ian Rappaport just reported that AP is in demand for multiple HC openings 

That is not what he said, but okay. He said he wouldn't be surprised if he got hired somewhere. That's opinion, not fact. Titans are the only team to interview him. You are hearing what you want to hear.  

• Like 2

Get annoying how everything has to be black and white on this forum. 

You can question AP's credentials and long term prospects as a coach, without being labeled a hater. 

I don't think many would hate AP being hired the way they would other coaches. But certainly well within bounds to questions if he is a long term answer or flash in the pan. I personally think it's the latter, but time will tell.

Two things I question, can he hire staff and will he continue to struggle with clock management and being overly conservative. 

One thing for certain, if the players want to sound off, then expectations will high if he's hired. They better keep that same energy week 1. 

• Like 3

I been thinking. I don’t think Dodds is just tied to Harbs. I think you can pare him up with AP. It would be a very attractive job for Dodds with AP as the coach. Will have final say over roster. Will have 100% control over the draft. Will also probably get the reassurance that if it doesn’t work with AP then he will get his choice of coach. 

Also Tom Brady has been reported to be the go to guy for Mark. Have to wonder if the Tom and Vrabs relationship can play a huge role in this. Vrabs is the anti Patriot way and is very much a players coach. Would also qualify as the big name that Marks apparently wants. 

• Like 1