Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

As I stated before the game, AP has the team playing hard for him. From the offense worst performance to a franchise record scoring points 5 days later. AP had the team ready to play and bounce back. All 3 levels

There’s more to coaching than just X and Os. You need to be able to lead. Relate to players at different age groups. Delegate to coaches. Bring the group back after a bad performance which happens to every team throughout the course of the season

The decision to move Bo to the booth was AP’s call.

BO called his best game. Saw wrinkles in the offense hasn’t seen all season. Wildcat, 

The turnover drills in TC payed off Thursday .

As of today, AP is the best man for the HC position for at least next season. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Because one is plural, one is singular. 
1 game after a 0 burger.

if bo can do this 3 more times, im sure he’ll be talked about.

1 good season is singular, too. 

Multiple bad seasons is plural. 

1 season after a bottom ranked D. 

If Patrick Graham can repeat this season 3 more times, I'm sure I'd think he wasn't bad at his job. 

Again, apply the same logic is all I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

#rentfree 

Weird thing is, you got your panties all in a wad when I tagged you. 

You couldn't last more than 24 hours wirhout directly hitting up my post. 

I'm starting to think you're more than just a simp for Josh McDaniels.

And you think YOU live rent free? Lol.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

If Patrick Graham can repeat this season 3 more times, I'm sure I'd think he wasn't bad at his job. 

People liked Graham last year tho, you hated him, but others saw improvement . 

that improvement has continued through this season.

if we didn’t fire him last year, and all in all, we got better everywhere on D, why do you think we’d fire him now?

I can get a coach wanting his own guy, but arguing he should be fired now makes no sense as the entire D has continued to improve under him, all while being the lesser focused side of spending. 

I can’t talk about plural seasons for Bo, this is his first year… so you need to look at games… every one had said that yesterday was awesome… you’re the only who thinks it cancels out Sundays 0.

ro me it doesn’t. 0 points off a bye week is a complete joke. Need to stack a few more big games as our O has struggled all season outside of yesterday. Which was perfect, and bo gets props for.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Also, just so we are very clear, you can see why 1 game vs 1 year is different right? 
bigger sample size so you have a better overall feel. 

it would be like reducing a game to 1 drive and saying see that is singular too. 

completely terrible argument make to just saw 1 game is comparable to 1 year as they both singular. Bigger sample size always better
if you can’t see that, I’ll stop. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

As I stated before the game, AP has the team playing hard for him. From the offense worst performance to a franchise record scoring points 5 days later. AP had the team ready to play and bounce back. All 3 levels

There’s more to coaching than just X and Os. You need to be able to lead. Relate to players at different age groups. Delegate to coaches. Bring the group back after a bad performance which happens to every team throughout the course of the season

The decision to move Bo to the booth was AP’s call.

BO called his best game. Saw wrinkles in the offense hasn’t seen all season. Wildcat, 

The turnover drills in TC payed off Thursday .

As of today, AP is the best man for the HC position for at least next season. 

No he’s not…. Ben Johnson is still a much better candidate. Every year you guys get hyped up with these interim coaches. The staff they would put together would be underwhelming, and no true system in place.

Ugh, what are you guys even talking about anymore. 

None of this is proof of anything other than absolute chaos.  The last two weeks alone prove how nothing is real and don't rely on any of it as evidence of anything.  

I predicted this team to win 6 games in the offseason.  They did it in a way I could've never predicted, but they did it because that's what they are.  A team with just enough talent to win some games, nothing more and nothing less.  Change the coach, the QB, any position player really, it doesn't matter. 

They're collectively a 6 win roster.  All I can hope for is that come next offseason we have made enough moves to change that or at least have a new foundation to start from.

• Like 1

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

No he’s not…. Ben Johnson is still a much better candidate. Every year you guys get hyped up with these interim coaches. The staff they would put together would be underwhelming, and no true system in place.

How is Ben Johnson a better candidate? Because he had the Lions offense playing well for 2 months? We have no clue if he can lead a locker room or inspire players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

How is Ben Johnson a better candidate? Because he had the Lions offense playing well for 2 months? We have no clue if he can lead a locker room or inspire players.

Because Ben Johnson will install a great offensive system. Just like Sirianni did for the Eagles. What makes you think Pierce is going to install a great system or had any clue what so ever how to hire coordinators?

42 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Also, just so we are very clear, you can see why 1 game vs 1 year is different right? 
bigger sample size so you have a better overall feel. 

it would be like reducing a game to 1 drive and saying see that is singular too. 

completely terrible argument make to just saw 1 game is comparable to 1 year as they both singular. Bigger sample size always better
if you can’t see that, I’ll stop. 

Oh yeah I know that 1 game isn't comparable to 1 season. Trust me, I'm not advocating for Bo to be kept around as OC based on 1 game, if at all. Antonio Pierce is still an amateur to me, though undoubtedly entertaining in the wild NFL. I'm being partly facetious, because there are A LOT of Graham supporters who want to only take this year in a vacuum, tout how good he is with zero context, refuse to acknowledge his past failings, and argue tooth and nail without a single shred of legitimate evidence to support any assertion they make on him. I find it funny that they'll outright reject applying a similar logic to other things whilst proclaiming a superior "logic". 

What I'm getting at is that Patrick Graham was bad last year. Bad decisions, bad scheming, bad adjustments, and bad results. 

He's done this before- he had one year in NY his D was borderline great, while the rest were pretty bad. Care to go look up their opponents that one year? 

I wasn't sold on him last year and thought he absolutely should have been fired. I firmly believe he wasn't because Josh wasn't going to fire him, and I believe he got off easy because of how atrocious our offense wound up being with Josh and Lombardi running the show. 

I don't believe he can repeat what we've done this year. First, he's never shown himself as capable of year to year success. He's had a good year here and there, but he's been largely bottom of the barrel between those rare years- not mid, but objectively bad defenses fielded. Second, our quality of opponents this year is not something that is going to happen on an annual basis. In almost half of our games, we've played replacement level or worse QBs. That matters. That doesn't get to be handwaved away because our DVOA whatever from PFF looks nifty THIS year. To your credit, you acknowledged our quality of opposition right off the bat. Thus, I'm willing to entertain a discussion about whether Graham deserves to be kept around- or even held as a requirement for a new HC to keep around. Like I said, @NYRaider made a good point regarding having someone around if only for consistency sake. 

The root question is "What gives one faith in Patrick Graham, without rejecting our weak opponents being a factor in our improvement, without rejecting the other years he's been a DC and yielded bad results". So far, nobody has answered that other than pointing out this singular year- while dodging the opponent quality issue. That's where the facetious question about Hardigree comes in- if we're going to ignore all the longer term evidence and rely solely on recency bias, why not make the same argument for Bo and Antonio. It's bunk logic, because recency bias is always bunk logic- whether for an off drive, off game, or off season. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Remember when the entire website was so high on Brandon Staley being hired by the Chargers a few years ago?

He was a “young and innovative defensive mind” who did a great job with the Rams. Nearly 3 years later he will be remembered as a failed clown of a coach. 

It goes to show that being a successful head coach is more than just installing a system.

• Like 2