Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So AP's personnel decisions have led us to 1-3 record over the last month when we were in playoff contention after week 10, that's elite coaching right there.

You laughed at me for suggesting he brought in Jack Jones… 

did you look up their history, get embarrass so decide to deflect? Lol

cheers buddy, have a good Saturday.

• Like 2

Just now, BackinBlack said:

You laughed at me for suggesting he brought in Jack Jones… 

did you look up their history, get embarrass so decide to deflect? Lol

cheers buddy, have a good Saturday.

Jack Jones got torched in the Chiefs and Dolphins games buddy. Koonce was also nowhere to be found in either of those games, lol. Both should be named All-Pros for good performances against a team that had already packed it in though.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jack Jones got torched in the Chiefs and Dolphins games buddy. Koonce was also nowhere to be found in either of those games, lol. Both should be named All-Pros for good performances against a team that had already packed it in though.

Again, deflection. You laughed at me stating that he was involved bringing those guys in. 
that is what this conversation, you jumped into is about. You think it’s laughable he was involved in that.

I said nothing about all pro, again, deflection from you. You can’t defend your position that it’s laughable to think he was involved in those moves, so you deflect like a school girl. 

I implied they doing better than Wilson and Peters… literally not saying much, but they are. 

just seems you’re butt hurt he benched Jimmy, again like a school girl 🤣

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What has he proven? He beat 2 miserable teams and one team who gave up before the game started. 

If they get blown out by KC again on Xmas, does that change what he's proven?

This is a different situation than Rich Bisaccia hiring.  The football team did not hate John Gruden. 

Antonio Pierce took over for Josh McDaniels because the team quit on him. HC, OC, GM all fired. Starting QB and backup QB benched.

AP has gotten the team to turn around their season and keep us in the running for a playoff running. With a rookie QB and Rookie playcaller  

We got saw a 63 point game vs a rival and that means nothing? 42-0 at halftime? Our two best performances of the season came under AP. 

Now after 3-3 and a franchise record points performance he hasn’t prove anything?

Not even consideration for HC? Lol. This is wild

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

For the old school Raider fans here, remember Joe Bugle? Al Davis hired him after firing Mike White because "the players liked him". He went 4-12 and was fired after one season. 

Remember Jim Tomsula, Harbaugh's Oline coach the team loved so they hired him. Remember Freddy Kitchens who the team and QB loved in Cleveland, so they hired him?

Hire the right man for the job. Not the most popular. 

*Names old Raiders Interim Coaches*

Proceeds to leave out the successful interim coach for the Raiders…Art Shell when he took over from the rat Mike Shanahan*

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Again, deflection. You laughed at me stating that he was involved bringing those guys in. 
that is what this conversation, you jumped into is about. You think it’s laughable he was involved in that.

I said nothing about all pro, again, deflection from you. You can’t defend your position that it’s laughable to think he was involved in those moves, so you deflect like a school girl. 

I implied they doing better than Wilson and Peters… literally not saying much, but they are. 

just seems you’re butt hurt he benched Jimmy, again like a school girl 🤣

You think playing Koonce and acquiring Jack Jones while going 1-3 warrants being an NFL head coach? 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is a different situation than Rich Bisaccia hiring.  The football team did not hate John Gruden. 

Antonio Pierce took over for Josh McDaniels because the team quit on him. HC, OC, GM all fired. Starting QB and backup QB benched.

AP has gotten the team to turn around their season and keep us in the running for a playoff running. With a rookie QB and Rookie playcaller  

We got saw a 63 point game vs a rival and that means nothing? 42-0 at halftime? Our two best performances of the season came under AP. 

Now after 3-3 and a franchise record points performance he hasn’t prove anything?

Not even consideration for HC? Lol. This is wild

We’re 1-3 over the last month and that’s turning around the season? 
JMD last month as HC: 2-2

AP last month as HC: 1-3

#playerslovehim

Edited by NYRaider

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

#playerslovehim

Conveniently change of context to try to match your point or lack there of 

The stance and goal post moving some people have taken towards AP is strange 

• Like 2

For what it’s worth, I’d definitely think Pierce should be interviewed for the full time HC. There are several layers I think are at play here and one that is not being mentioned. We are judging AP on his abilities right now, but he’s a young and up and coming coach I feel so I think we need to also look at what he may be with a little more experience in a couple years time. I think you would always give a coach a 3 year contract or more, so a bit like rookie QB, what are his traits and talents and where can he improve, what is his ceiling? Is he a long term guy?

I like the way he’s been direct, canning Peters, naming AOC starter. No ambiguity and no ceremony. Not afraid to make decisions.

I don’t like the lack of second half adjustments and I feel he’s been schooled by better, more experienced coaches.

I do like he seems humble, intense and genuinely cares for his players. I think they buy into what he’s selling.

I don’t like his lack of experience and question who his OC will be as they’ll have to do some heavy lifting I feel, so we need to get the right guy.

I do like the fact he seems to have the team playing hard and tackling, discipline and basics seems to have improved.

I don’t like some of the very conservative, defensive minded calls that have been made.

I do like the response to a terrible performance by absolutely destroying a division rival and humiliating them, we got knocked down against Vikings but we got off the canvas and laid a beating on the Chargers.

I don’t like that we’ve only beaten poor teams with poor QBs, we’ve not beaten a team we shouldn’t beat yet. 

Is AP the most qualified coach right now or the best coach available right now? No, certainly not. IMO, that is Jim Harbaugh and he is my favourite and who I’d like as HC as I think he makes us instant contenders and the ‘fit’ is right.  But, that being said, I would consider AP if we can answer some of the questions above. Can we beat a better team? Who is his staff going to be? I can see him being a very good coach in a few years time but maybe it’s just too soon for him right here, right now. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:
52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

#playerslovehim

Expand  

Conveniently change of context to try to match your point or lack there of 

The stance and goal post moving some people have taken towards AP is strange 

Yes, also why are we only counting the last 4 games? Seems like cherry picking to me, this season McDaniels is 3-5 whilst Pierce is 3-3. 
What about their first 3 games? McDaniels is 1-2 and Pierce is 2-1. 

Maybe there’s a common opponent both regimes faced that we can compare to? 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s people on his board that actually want rivals to beat the Raiders rather than have AP as head coach

What I don’t get is as a fan if you’re rooting for us to lose then you’re rooting for the opposition to win. If it’s like that just jump ship. How can you call yourself a raider but you hope we lose?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think the defensive decisions and personnel decisions are AP, lol. Graham and Kelley

You also said offense game Plan and decisions are his - so why are Defender decisions not His?

Oh, right. I forgot that this doesn't fit your narrative.

( And now I probably get a question Like "so you want to crown AP for beating bla bla bla" - or other nonsense that i never said - so predictable)

• Like 4