Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

29 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Have you ever considered that flukes happen one way or another? The 63 point game would be a fluke too in this case, but to act like AP hasn’t done a solid job filling in as interim, with all things considered, is mind blowing. 

He has gotten schooled against every team that we've played with a pulse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He has gotten schooled against every team that we've played with a pulse. 

I don’t think the Dolphins ‘schooled’ us at all. That was a good game and we lost to a better roster and team but we were in the game throughout.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Justwinning said:

No. IMO he has to win at least 2 out of 3. And that loss has to be well-played game. 

Boom. 

We have a tough slate the rest of the way and we playbteams that are just in better positions. 

We lose them, bye. 

We win them, sweet. 

We lose one, let's see how it went. 20-17 vs KC warrants another look. 45-3 would not. 

And even still, I don't see many people saying give him the job. They say he deserves an interview. 

Nobody here is saying "AP over Harbaugh", for example. But AP over random DB coach from Saskatchewan? Easy choice. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Have you ever considered that flukes happen one way or another? The 63 point game would be a fluke too in this case, but to act like AP hasn’t done a solid job filling in as interim, with all things considered, is mind blowing. 

Minnesota and LA are both such major outliers it's hard to even justify using either in analyzing his performance. 

0 points to nearly breaking the league points in a game record in the same week is bizarre as it gets. 

Now, had we scored 0, or 3, or just 7 vs LA, I'd be worried about it being a trend. But as it stands, it's such an unbelievable turn of events you can't help but say "Any given Sunday....or Thursday". Beyond that, it only shows that the bad can be really bad (as plenty of coaches have had) and the good can be really good (which plenty of coaches have had, though to varying degrees). 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

What, you don't like your dad's sloppy seconds anymore?

Look, I know you had your obsession with Joshua and have been left out in the cold, but you just gonna not go to bat for any of his former staff either? You said he, and by extension they, deserved at least 3 years. 

Maybe you should sit this one out. 

You know what's hilarious about you? 

When McDaniels and Ziegler were hired, you made 1 post in the thread, and it was to support Carr. You gave no opinion on the hire at all. And when Patrick Graham was hired, again predictably, you gave no opinion.

You are one of those spineless types to scared to have an opinion, but happy to follow a crowd when it's safe to do so.

It's always the most insecure ones that are the loudest and resort to toilet humor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You know what's hilarious about you? 

When McDaniels and Ziegler were hired, you made 1 post in the thread, and it was to support Carr. You gave no opinion on the hire at all. And when Patrick Graham was hired, again predictably, you gave no opinion.

You are one of those spineless types to scared to have an opinion, but happy to follow a crowd when it's safe to do so.

It's always the most insecure ones that are the loudest and resort to toilet humor. 

You know what's even more hilarious? 

The fact that you tried using that argument before and I totally dispelled it by reposting exactly what I said about it, which was 1 word: "Gross". 

Holy crap, you really are next level stupid. 

14 hours ago, Justwinning said:

You conveniently left out an impressive game by the defense that limited an elite offense. Whether you like it or not, AP gets credit for that.

I really don't get his point about AP and the offense either. 

AP was a linebackers coach just over a month an a half ago. He's a former LB, DC at the college level, etc. Does he really have much to do with the offense, and if so, what's honestly expected of him in that regard anyway? 

If AP was running offense, I would actually expect poor performances against good defenses, considering he's not in any way an offense guy, especially at the pro level. 

I don't see the correlation between any poor offensive outing and AP being the current HC. If guys come out flat, that can be attributed to AP- and yeah, part of being a HC is being responsible for both sides of the ball. 

I mean, how many offenses have bad days? We've seen many established HCs with offensive backgrounds put up piss poor performances and nothing burgers on the scoreboard. Happens every year to someone. 

How many HCs, then, have overseen their team put up 63 points or more? It's been done 8 other total times:

'48 Chicago Cardinals- Jimmy Conzelman, '52 Steelers- Joe Bach, '34 Eagles- Lud Way, '49 Chicago Cardinals- Phil Handler/Buddy Parker, '50 LA Rams (2x)- Joe Stydahar '23 Dolphins- McDaniel, '66 Redskins- Otto Graham

If we're attributing it all to AP, isn't being 1 of 8 in the highest scoring category more impressive than being 1 of however many more HCs have had dud days on offense? Much less guys with exclusively defensive backgrounds to start with? 

Makes zero sense to put all the offensive performances on AP, good or bad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I really don't get his point about AP and the offense either. 

AP was a linebackers coach just over a month an a half ago. He's a former LB, DC at the college level, etc. Does he really have much to do with the offense, and if so, what's honestly expected of him in that regard anyway? 

If AP was running offense, I would actually expect poor performances against good defenses, considering he's not in any way an offense guy, especially at the pro level. 

I don't see the correlation between any poor offensive outing and AP being the current HC. If guys come out flat, that can be attributed to AP- and yeah, part of being a HC is being responsible for both sides of the ball. 

I mean, how many offenses have bad days? We've seen many established HCs with offensive backgrounds put up piss poor performances and nothing burgers on the scoreboard. Happens every year to someone. 

How many HCs, then, have overseen their team put up 63 points or more? It's been done 8 other total times:

'48 Chicago Cardinals- Jimmy Conzelman, '52 Steelers- Joe Bach, '34 Eagles- Lud Way, '49 Chicago Cardinals- Phil Handler/Buddy Parker, '50 LA Rams (2x)- Joe Stydahar '23 Dolphins- McDaniel, '66 Redskins- Otto Graham

If we're attributing it all to AP, isn't being 1 of 8 in the highest scoring category more impressive than being 1 of however many more HCs have had dud days on offense? Much less guys with exclusively defensive backgrounds to start with? 

Makes zero sense to put all the offensive performances on AP, good or bad. 

You hit the nail on the head perfectly man. My thoughts exactly.

On 12/17/2023 at 12:51 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

He doesn’t have a choice cause we’re so deep into the season he can’t bring in his own guys. Pierce is literally trying to turn your bff jmdz water into wine on the fly. After minn pierce got on bo and changes were made drastic changes. Like I said I wanna see how the year plays out. 

Who are his own guys? 

Season is over, he's named the coach..... who are his own guys that he's bringing in? Does he have many connections as a 2nd year NFL positional coach? Is he leaning on the GM to round out his staff? Does Marvin Lewis help in this regard?

You can see my concern here...... 

I don't think he's vested enough as an NFL coach to have the connections to put together a quality offensive staff. So that job will fall to the GM potentially. 

And with the team rebuilding the QB position, do you trust this process to get the right handlers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who are his own guys? 

Season is over, he's named the coach..... who are his own guys that he's bringing in? Does he have many connections as a 2nd year NFL positional coach? Is he leaning on the GM to round out his staff? Does Marvin Lewis help in this regard?

I don't think he's vested enough as an NFL coach to have the connections to put together a quality offensive staff. So that job will fall to the GM potentially. 

And with the team rebuilding the QB position, do you trust this process to get the right handlers?

to be fair:

What connections does a guy like Ben Johnson have? Worked under Adam Gase, the same guy you criticized AP brought in to mentor him before the Vikings game?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who are his own guys? 

He’s played on multiple teams under multiple coaches with multiple players im sure along the ways he’s made connections. He also has Kelly to help.

jmd was “seen” by some including you as a offensive guru esp for qbs with unlimited connections and look how that turned out

i wanna see how the year plays out esp vs kc. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s played on multiple teams under multiple coaches with multiple players im sure along the ways he’s made connections. He also has Kelly to help.

jmd was “seen” by some including you as a offensive guru esp for qbs with unlimited connections and look how that turned out

i wanna see how the year plays out esp vs kc. 

It worked out pretty well considering he got PG and the next Bill Bellichick as his LB coach 🤪