Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I like to see it in the playoffs. I think it is more personnel combine w/ a good mix of everything else including scheme. Accumulation of high draft picks and hitting on guys like St.Brown late in the draft

Most coaches do well with good talent, outside of AP.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And yet, in another thread you're saying the interim HC tasked with cleaning up the mess left behind by the jackass you defended to the hilt even after he lost to Jeff Saturday and that still wasn't enough ti get you to even question him, shouldn’t get an opportunity to show he can do his job if he's beaten this weekend by a Hall of Fame level HC with the best QB in the NFL? 

No, kiddo, that's not a "narrative" or any bent words This isn't some Jade Helm, Area 51, Sasquatch woo. This is your inconsistent "logic" and unsupported bias. See, the thing with you is I don't have to create a narrative about how terrible your takes are, you do that work for me. Sort of like when you accused me of first not saying anything about hiring McDaniels, then you say I did but it was a some defense of Carr- which...I don't know how else to say it, but "gross" has never been used as a defense of anyone in the history of the word. But, sure, it's obviously other people who bend your words. 

Hopefully daddy dearest didn't blow all his money in Vegas after getting canned and can still afford the Hooked on Phonics and paint by numbers books for you this holiday season. 

AP also has a rookie QB and 1st time playcaller as OC on the fly

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

AP also has a rookie QB and 1st time playcaller as OC on the fly

But he doesn't have "The Way". 

Does he get credit for having one of the rings that could've been Brady's? He arguably did more to get that ring than Josh McDaniels actually did to get any of his lol

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bottom line for those who seems all in or leaning all in on Pierce.

Do you think Antonio Pierce can go toe to toe with Reid or Payton in the next 2-3 years from a coaching standpoint?

Yes. I gave JMD a chance and was even supportive until it was obvious he lost the team and was over his head. I gave Gruden a chance but year 4 was skeptical and was ready to move on if no playoffs

I’d like to see AP at least get a 2 year extension to build upon what he’s shown so far 

I remember when he was hired before the Giants game people were comparing this to the Jeff Saturday situation. He’s blown Saturday coaching out of the water

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sideline mic’d up

Pierce brought a divided team together that shouldn’t be ignored 

A divided team that was 2-2 in the month before he took over and 3-3 with him as the head coach including 1-3 over teh most crucial stretch of the season. #GOATED

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

They are looked at as a desirable landing spot according to reports.  Several high picks draft capital and a ton of cap space going into next season. Most of all a new ownership group 

A completely unproven ownership group. When has a “new” ownership group worked recently in the NFL?

Broncos had a stinker of a start under the Waltons last year, David Tepper is making a huge mess of things right now, Shahid Khan and Jimmy Haslam are another two of the newer owners who also took years of garbage before even a small amount of stability.

When you’re new to the game, it can take a while for things to fall into place. That’s not a desirable job imo once you look past the huge cash on offer.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Do you think Antonio Pierce can go toe to toe with Reid or Payton in the next 2-3 years from a coaching standpoint?

Definitely not. Granted the talent is not playoff caliber rn, but we need an offensive mastermind to come in and elevate this squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And more importantly do you trust that he and his offensive staff are ready to develop a young franchise QB.

59 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sideline mic’d up

Pierce brought a divided team together that shouldn’t be ignored 

When was the team ever divided? They played hard, were never blown out. Testament to having good leaders on the team. At no point were they divided. Frustrated with losing sure. But what has really changed outside AOC starting?

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

When was the team ever divided? They played hard, were never blown out. Testament to having good leaders on the team. At no point were they divided. Frustrated with losing sure. But what has really changed outside AOC starting?

You don’t remember players/coaches talking about the difference in the locker room etc etc?

agree to disagree homie