Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

The one thing I’ll say, is for years if bad coaching was brought up it was labeled as an excuse.. it was all on the QB. 

we now have even worse QB play, but suddenly now it’s all on the HC?

being .500 with bottom 3 qb play isn’t as bad as a lot of you are making it seem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Styrian Raider said:

I'd rather try IT with Brian Flores. Currently #1 in the League in interceptions and #2 in sacks.

Flores is great but I sure soured on him after Tua's comments, not to mention the racial lawsuit with the NFL. I can see Graham getting a job elsewhere but some of our big dogs on D would make it pretty attractive for a DC I imagine. 

57 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The one thing I’ll say, is for years if bad coaching was brought up it was labeled as an excuse.. it was all on the QB. 

we now have even worse QB play, but suddenly now it’s all on the HC?

being .500 with bottom 3 qb play isn’t as bad as a lot of you are making it seem. 

Facts.

There’s blame to go around for the team being 2-3. To put it all on the HC is wrong. He’s not clear from the blame but the biggest issue is by far the QB play.

AP isn’t as bad as people make it seem. He’s 7-7 overall and 2-3 this season with bottom 3 QB play 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Facts.

There’s blame to go around for the team being 2-3. To put it all on the HC is wrong. He’s not clear from the blame but the biggest issue is by far the QB play.

AP isn’t as bad as people make it seem. He’s 7-7 overall and 2-3 this season with bottom 3 QB play 

Yup, and as you said, he’s not clear of blame.

don’t think anyone is saying anything remotely close to that. 

just anyone shouting to fire him asap, was likely the same people saying there’s no way he could win 4 games last season. 
they hated him from the start, and still haven’t responded to the fact, 

if there was no way he could win more than 3 last year, and he did, does that not mean he exceeded all expectations?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Facts.

I don't see anyone putting it all on AP. His decision to hire Getsy to his in game decision making should be scrutinized. 

QB play is also a major issue. But AP didn't exactly put a great OC in here to mask some of that. 

He's also not as good as you're making him out to be. 5 of those wins were against backups or worse at QB and he was blown out by two bottom 5 teams. 

For me, it's simple. I think there coaches who could do a lot more with this roster than AP is doing with them. This same QB was one play away from getting an awful Colts team to the playoffs. The difference is coaching. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, and as you said, he’s not clear of blame.

don’t think anyone is saying anything remotely close to that. 

just anyone shouting to fire him asap, was likely the same people saying there’s no way he could win 4 games last season. 
they hated him from the start, and still haven’t responded to the fact, 

if there was no way he could win more than 3 last year, and he did, does that not mean he exceeded all expectations?

Context is key. He beat Devito, Z. Wilson, Stick and Stidham. Whatever the opposite of a murders row is at QB, he beat them.

My issues was and continues to be his talking tough then playing soft ways. Until he can show me he's more than just a cheerleader HC, I'll want him replaced. 

Question... team wins 6 games this year. 2025, would you want to roll with AP as your HC? Do you want his staff developing a rookie QB? 

Bottom line, if you can't pound the table right now that you trust AP with a young QB, then he's not your guy. Because that's what is at stake here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, raidersedge said:

If we landed Kliff Kingbury and Jayden Daniels we would all probably think AP is a genius. That's the combo he wanted, Mark screwed up the Kliff hire and we simply couldn't move up for Daniels. But that's the NFL. I personally believe being successful in this league has a lot to do with luck and we have AWFUL luck. Luck and timing.

Yes, this is giving me pause. The combination he actually wanted seems to be working and would’ve worked in Las Vegas I believe. Now, was the backup plan his idea or Telesco, how much of the current setup is his doing who knows. It’s a grey area for me.

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's also not as good as you're making him out to be. 5 of those wins were against backups or worse at QB and he was blown out by two bottom 5 teams. 

True, however we’re playing with backups or worse at QB too aren’t we? So when we beat a starter isn’t that pretty good?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yes, this is giving me pause. The combination he actually wanted seems to be working and would’ve worked in Las Vegas I believe. Now, was the backup plan his idea or Telesco, how much of the current setup is his doing who knows. It’s a grey area for me.

AP gets credit for hypotheticals? He ultimately decided to hire Getsy who was terrible the last two seasons with the Bears.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Context is key. He beat Devito, Z. Wilson, Stick and Stidham. Whatever the opposite of a murders row is at QB, he beat them.

My issues was and continues to be his talking tough then playing soft ways. Until he can show me he's more than just a cheerleader HC, I'll want him replaced. 

Question... team wins 6 games this year. 2025, would you want to roll with AP as your HC? Do you want his staff developing a rookie QB? 

Bottom line, if you can't pound the table right now that you trust AP with a young QB, then he's not your guy. Because that's what is at stake here. 

No 6 wins isn’t enough for me personally.

i thought this roster was good enough for 500 or so and to be in wildcard consideration down to the wire.

so if the team falls off, that’s on AP.

mark put himself in a tough situation going from Rich, to JMD, to AP.. the players were angry and wanted their guy.

i think a respected HC like Harbaugh could’ve had the players buy in, but outside of that it would’ve been tough. So much turnover.

but that’s where I think realistic expectations are important. Team was told, you can have AP but you better come to play, cause 6 wins isn’t going to cut it.

If mark is telling them, going to be a long year 4-12 here we come, then they prob think 6 wins isn’t great.

injuries have definitely hurt us too, but I still expect 7 wins. If not, I think players will understand making moves

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Facts.

The defense has also regressed significantly this season though which was AP's calling card. 

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

True, however we’re playing with backups or worse at QB too aren’t we? So when we beat a starter isn’t that pretty good?

Sure to a degree. Circumstances were a bit different. Raiders were getting that interim bump and had a good defense. The Giants, Jets and Chargers had quit on the season. Denver was just a bad team. 

Regardless, I'm more interested in this season where he's lost in blowout fashion to 2 bad teams. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP gets credit for hypotheticals? He ultimately decided to hire Getsy who was terrible the last two seasons with the Bears.

No, not credit but I’m hesitant to criticise him as much as some. Also, I don’t think Getsy is as big an issue as the QB from what I’ve seen.