Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

Just now, Darbsk said:

No, not credit but I’m hesitant to criticise him as much as some. Also, I don’t think Getsy is as big an issue as the QB from what I’ve seen.

Shane Steichen had success with Minshew last season. Getsy knew we were going to be limited at QB this year and hasn't adjusted his scheme to make up for it at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Shane Steichen had success with Minshew last season. Getsy knew we were going to be limited at QB this year and hasn't adjusted his scheme to make up for it at all.

I honestly didn’t watch the Colts enough to make an educated comment on how Minshew played, how much was on the offence, defence etc. I’d doubt anyone else in the Raiders forum did either.

What I do see is guys running open and either being missed or just not seen or ignored. I see some reasonable concepts and I find it hard to criticise the OC too quickly, though it’s far from perfect obviously.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I honestly didn’t watch the Colts enough to make an educated comment on how Minshew played, how much was on the offence, defence etc. I’d doubt anyone else in the Raiders forum did either.

What I do see is guys running open and either being missed or just not seen or ignored. I see some reasonable concepts and I find it hard to criticise the OC too quickly, though it’s far from perfect obviously.

The Colts defense was trash and they had a top 10 offense with Minshew under center. They would've beaten Houston to win the division if their backup RB didn't drop a wide open pass in the last game of the season too. 

Getsy sucked in Chicago so I don't think it's too quick to judge him.

10 hours ago, raidersedge said:

If we landed Kliff Kingbury and Jayden Daniels we would all probably think AP is a genius. That's the combo he wanted, Mark screwed up the Kliff hire and we simply couldn't move up for Daniels. But that's the NFL. I personally believe being successful in this league has a lot to do with luck and we have AWFUL luck. Luck and timing.

Pain, so much pain. There were very few of us extremely excited for the apparent Kliff hire, I know I was one of them. People thought his O wouldn't translate back to the NFL but that Washington O is breaking records. 

Daniels is the real deal. He's throwing to nobodies except McLaurin but he does have some good RBs. I feel like his arm would be so deadly with Tre deep + Adams and Meyers cooking elsewhere. Of course that pick would mean no Bowers which of course is sad.

Oh what could have been...

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

just anyone shouting to fire him asap, was likely the same people saying there’s no way he could win 4 games last season. 
they hated him from the start, and still haven’t responded to the fact, 

if there was no way he could win more than 3 last year, and he did, does that not mean he exceeded all expectations?

Of course they won’t respond to that. It’s the same people who didn’t like AP from the start and nearly defended Mcdaniels/Ziegler/Jimmy G until the bitter end 

Said AP wouldn’t get another win past the Giants game

Continue to bring up he beat backups but strangely leave out he beat Pat Mahomes and Lamar Jackson

Facts are facts. AP coaching career has started better Dennis Allen, Del Rio, Gruden and McDaniels 

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Of course they won’t respond to that. It’s the same people who didn’t like AP from the start and nearly defended Mcdaniels/Ziegler/Jimmy G until the bitter end 

Continue to bring up he beat backups but strangely leave out he beat Pat Mahomes and Lamar Jackson

Facts are facts. AP coaching career has started better Dennis Allen, Del Rio, Gruden and McDaniels 

I liked AP from the start. So no you’re wrong. He has looked awful this year so far. Dude has a long way to go if he wants to be kept this season. I don’t support firing him mid season but he is going to have to win some games to be kept. He made a ton of braggadocios claims over the offseason and now has to deal with what he said. Acting like people are in the wrong for not being happy with him is flat out gaslighting people. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He has gotten blown out by Bo Nix and Andy Dalton this season. 

Facts are facts and the team has regressed in all aspects including defensively with AP's staff in place this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I liked AP from the start. So no you’re wrong. He has looked awful this year so far. Dude has a long way to go if he wants to be kept this season. I don’t support firing him mid season but he is going to have to win some games to be kept. He made a ton of braggadocios claims over the offseason and now has to deal with what he said. Acting like people are in the wrong for not being happy with him is flat out gaslighting people. 

AP apparently is the reason for any success that we've had over the last 14 games but also can't be blamed for any of the failures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don't want AP fired in season for clarity. Zero sense in doing that again. 

Are you going to answer the questions I asked? Do you really trust an AP lead team with a rookie QB for starters?

54 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Exactly this. If the dude stayed humble and went about his business, it's one thing. He literally put the spotlight on himself and the team all offseason. Sound bite after sound bite about how tough they were going to be, playing with ill intent, etc. Then has them playing soft. They don't want to tackle. They are scared of going for it on 4th down. 

Watch, in a couple weeks those "Mahomes rules" comments will come back up. KC already has them on the bulletin board. He comes out soft there, he's going to look really bad.

Further, part of being a coach is dealing with egos. He clearly ticked Adams off and he doesn't want any more of it. Guy is over his head right now from staff hires, player management , decision making down to his press conferences. And has 2 ugly as sin losses in 5 games. How does he turn it around?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly this. If the dude stayed humble and went about his business, it's one thing. He literally put the spotlight on himself and the team all offseason. Sound bite after sound bite about how tough they were going to be, playing with ill intent, etc. Then has them playing soft. They don't want to tackle. They are scared of going for it on 4th down. 

Watch, in a couple weeks those "Mahomes rules" comments will come back up. KC already has them on the bulletin board. He comes out soft there, he's going to look really bad.

Further, part of being a coach is dealing with egos. He clearly ticked Adams off and he doesn't want any more of it. Guy is over his head right now from staff hires, player management , decision making down to his press conferences. And has 2 ugly as sin losses in 5 games. How does he turn it around?

That's the difference between being the interim and the actual head coach though. As the interim you have nothing to lose and can play it loose. The entire team, primarily Minshew, look like they're playing not to lose rather than to win.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

100% I don’t even want to watch the KC game because I can already see how it’s going to be a statement game from them. He hasn’t done anything I can really think of well this season at this point. Like I said, I’ll give him the season but it sure isn’t looking well right now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's the difference between being the interim and the actual head coach though. As the interim you have nothing to lose and can play it loose. The entire team, primarily Minshew, look like they're playing not to lose rather than to win.

Which is my beef with AP. They are playing this overly conservative ball control style with little risk. It's bland, boring and ineffective. Then he's out there talking about playing the Raider way and playing with ill intent. 

He's pandering and getting people to buy the chees. 

I've seen Minshew play loose and play well in his career. Minshewmania was a thing before they neutered him here in Vegas.

• Like 2