Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

AP is toast. Was a bad hire to start, looking worse every week. Team has zero identity and are spiraling. 

He just stands on the sideline looking lost. He adds nothing to the team. He's suppose to be a motivator and the team looks completely disinterested. They play sloppy and undisciplined football. 3 blowout losses now, 2 at "home" it's a mess.

He's one and done. He has no clue what to do right now. He can't coach. It's all up to his coordinators and the defense has regressed and the offense was dead on arrival with Getsy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

AP is toast. Was a bad hire to start, looking worse every week. Team has zero identity and are spiraling. 

He just stands on the sideline looking lost. He adds nothing to the team. He's suppose to be a motivator and the team looks completely disinterested. They play sloppy and undisciplined football. 3 blowout losses now, 2 at "home" it's a mess.

He's one and done. He has no clue what to do right now. He can't coach. It's all up to his coordinators and the defense has regressed and the offense was dead on arrival with Getsy.

He has a nice car.  That's about it.  And he's fun to listen to.  Other than that I don't really know what good he brings.  I guess he has Spillane playing like a top LB in the NFL.  That's about it though.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I do wonder if we’ll have trouble hiring a top tier OC under AP. He’ll be on the hot seat if he’s back and I could see the good coaches preferring a more stable situation. 

If AP isn't let go, we're going to have trouble hiring any coordinators worth the time. 

If I'm a top tier OC/DC candidate, I see APs job as mine to save, or, as my next landing spot and a shot as a HC. Why would I come in to save him and possibly shut myself out of the Raiders HC gig or set myself back a year or so as Rome wasn't built in a day? 

What we really need is to clean house, top to bottom. We hired a dud HC and GM because we allowed an interim GM and HC to retain control over the search. Kelly was pushing hard for AP, and the job being his was never in serious doubt. We then had little wiggle room to find a good GM and AP himself managed to butcher the OC search. 

The process getting them all in the door was incredibly rushed and unserious. The process of getting them out should be even more rushed. Black Monday, fire everyone. Start over, and do it right this time. 

I understand what some folks say about the perception of firing people too quickly. If we had held anything resembling a legitimate GM and HC search, I would agree. But we didn't, and I find it impossible to believe new GM and HC candidates don't also view this whole regime as bs. Nobody in their right mind sees how we hired Telesco and Pierce and holds it against us for saying "Whoops, we screwed up!". 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I understand what some folks say about the perception of firing people too quickly. If we had held anything resembling a legitimate GM and HC search, I would agree. But we didn't, and I find it impossible to believe new GM and HC candidates don't also view this whole regime as bs. Nobody in their right mind sees how we hired Telesco and Pierce and holds it against us for saying "Whoops, we screwed up!". 

I think our best course of action would've been to keep Kelly and let him and AP ride out this season so you could potentially move on from both if you wanted. I'm not sure that Mark will fire Telesco.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think our best course of action would've been to keep Kelly and let him and AP ride out this season so you could potentially move on from both if you wanted. I'm not sure that Mark will fire Telesco.

He almost assuredly won't. So we're relegated to hoping the guy in charge of one of our most hapless division rivals can prove he wasn't the problem and can do what he literally never did- build a winning team. 

Hiring the guy we beat out of a job was never a good idea. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

He almost assuredly won't. So we're relegated to hoping the guy in charge of one of our most hapless division rivals can prove he wasn't the problem and can do what he literally never did- build a winning team. 

Hiring the guy we beat out of a job was never a good idea. 

AOC really dropped 63 on a Telesco squad to get him fired and that's who Mark decided to hire. It's insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AOC really dropped 63 on a Telesco squad to get him fired and that's who Mark decided to hire. It's insane.

Right. Telesco was a 10 year loser with our rival who has never won a Super Bowl in their franchise. That’s who Mark hired? It’s the Derek Carr syndrome again with Mark. Trying something over and over again expecting a Change? Insane 

Aoc looked like Young Brady and even Brandon Bolden and Jon Jenkins got TDs lol

I said from the off-season that if the Raiders offensive line could not protect a quarterback and open the holes in the run game, we were gonna struggle.

Telesco literally has three college centers now playing on our interior line. That’s awful roster building. Right tackles man by a former seventh round pick and a rookie third round pick.

Edited by bucksavage1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They worked well together last year esp when we needed cb help they got jack Jones asap. Not just sitting on hands

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Right. Telesco was a 10 year loser with our rival who has never won a Super Bowl in their franchise. That’s who Mark hired? It’s the Derek Carr syndrome again with Mark. Trying something over and over again expecting a Change? Insane 

Aoc looked like Young Brady and even Brandon Bolden and Jon Jenkins got TDs lol

The biggest concern I have with Telesco is that he wasn't able to build a consistent winner when he had franchise QBs. Now he has to find a way to acquire one and then build around him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I said from the off-season that if the Raiders offensive line could not protect a quarterback and open the holes in the run game, we were gonna struggle.

Telesco literally has three college centers now playing on our interior line. That’s awful roster building. Right tackles man by a former seventh round pick and a rookie third round pick.

Top to bottom this has to be the least talented offensive roster we’ve had in a long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The biggest concern I have with Telesco is that he wasn't able to build a consistent winner when he had franchise QBs. Now he has to find a way to acquire one and then build around him. 

He lucked into a pick with Herbert. He was the obvious selection. They were hoping Tua but Miami chose him instead. Tua under Anthony Lynn and Brandon Staley would have busted badly. 

He just sat on his hands in the draft