The Week 9 Thread: Commanders vs Patriots - Thanks Slappy! GIF THEME CHAOS!

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

It also doesn't mean he will. You see how this works? Everyone seems so sure it's going to happen, but until it does, it's no sure bet.

Until Ron is officially fired, there is only one goal: #FireRonRivera.

Understood but the fact that Harris hired a front office/analytics guy suggests they’re making changes.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Awful 

I mean, we gutted our pass rush with trades. It made no sense to dump both. I sort of get why they did it because of the salary cap implications but I think they should've kept Chase. I don't think just moving him to move him made a lot of sense for the organization and it created two giant holes that are going to be expensive to fix regardless. Whether that be in early draft picks or free agents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we gutted our pass rush with trades. It made no sense to dump both. I sort of get why they did it because of the salary cap implications but I think they should've kept Chase. I don't think just moving him to move him made a lot of sense for the organization and it created two giant holes that are going to be expensive to fix regardless. Whether that be in early draft picks or free agents. 

We couldn't really pass on that high #2 for Sweat and they saw Chase as ... a bad apple.. IDK, is what it is .. Chaos !

According to PFF

Top 5 Offense

RB Antonio Gibson: 84.9

WR Byron Pringle: 80.4

LT Charles Leno Jr: 79.5

QB Sam Howell: 77.9

RT Andrew Wylie: 70.8

Top 5 Defense

CB Emmanuel Forbes: 91.3

DE Efe Obada: 83.8

LB David Mayo: 78.3

DB Quan Martin: 72.7

DE K.J. Henry: 68.7

Bottom 5 Offense

WR Jamison Crowder: 61.3

TE Logan Thomas: 55.4

TE John Bates: 54.4

RB Brian Robinson Jr: 51.1

FB Alex Armah: 43.7

Bottom 5 Defense 

DT Daron Payne: 53.2

DT Jonathan Allen: 49.6

DE Casey Toohill: 44.2

LB Khaleke Hudson: 42.1

DT Phidarian Mathis: 29.9

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

According to PFF

Top 5 Offense

Top 5 Defense

Bottom 5 Offense

Bottom 5 Defense 

Mathis = wasted number 2 pick it seems. Allen and Payne need to step up, They are being paid and not producing . They should be destroying  / blowing up the middle !

15 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

According to PFF

Top 5 Offense

Top 5 Defense

Bottom 5 Offense

Bottom 5 Defense 

A few thoughts:

Very disappointed to see Payne and Allen in the bottom 5. Toohill proving he is better in a spot fill role. Mathis is heavy and slow. Surprised to see B-Rob as a bottom 5 and I don't think Logan Thomas was as bad as his grade indicates.

Happy to see Forbes grade well in his allocated snaps. Obada definitely seemed like our most stout D-Lineman. I like that our tackles both made the top-5 and dare I say that Wylie is starting to earn that contract he signed. I think if that INT doesn't happen, Howell would have graded in the high 80 (at least I would grade him there).

I would like to see more from KJ Henry and Andre Jones. I would start Obada and JSW then rotate the young guys in. Allen and Payne need to eat more. I have been particularly disappointed with Jon Allen's performances this year even if he is dealing with plantar fasciitis. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

A few thoughts:

Very disappointed to see Payne and Allen in the bottom 5. Toohill proving he is better in a spot fill role. Mathis is heavy and slow. Surprised to see B-Rob as a bottom 5 and I don't think Logan Thomas was as bad as his grade indicates.

Happy to see Forbes grade well in his allocated snaps. Obada definitely seemed like our most stout D-Lineman. I like that our tackles both made the top-5 and dare I say that Wylie is starting to earn that contract he signed. I think if that INT doesn't happen, Howell would have graded in the high 80 (at least I would grade him there).

I would like to see more from KJ Henry and Andre Jones. I would start Obada and JSW then rotate the young guys in. Allen and Payne need to eat more. I have been particularly disappointed with Jon Allen's performances this year even if he is dealing with plantar fasciitis. 

I'm afraid Payne gotten his big contract-in his contract year and has now retired in place. He wouldn't be the first . I'm always leery of the guys that are average until their breakout contract year . 

Allen probally pixxed that Payne got a bigger contract . 

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm afraid Payne gotten his big contract-in his contract year and has now retired in place. He wouldn't be the first . I'm always leery of the guys that are average until their breakout contract year . 

PFF has always graded Payne low. Even last year when he was destroying everyone they were grading him low. I would not take their grades of Payne seriously and I'm fairly certain Allen is playing hurt. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I actually have seen significantly more from Payne this year than Allen. Might just be my observation, but Payne always seems to be hustling and never giving up. I don't think Payne has regressed since getting paid. Allen, like some players that aren't here anymore, seems to be content on plays being blocked. I will say that Allen still seems strong in the run game, but his pass rush has been seriously lacking this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

We couldn't really pass on that high #2 for Sweat and they saw Chase as ... a bad apple.. IDK, is what it is .. Chaos !

Who’s they though? Is they Rivera & JDR’s evaluation? They’re short termers. I sure hope that Chen or someone else made the decision to move Chase and they didn’t just rely on Rivera & JDR’s evaluations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I actually have seen significantly more from Payne this year than Allen. Might just be my observation, but Payne always seems to be hustling and never giving up. I don't think Payne has regressed since getting paid. Allen, like some players that aren't here anymore, seems to be content on plays being blocked. I will say that Allen still seems strong in the run game, but his pass rush has been seriously lacking this year. 

Can’t forget Allen is playing with plantar fasciitis 

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

According to PFF

Top 5 Offense

Top 5 Defense

Bottom 5 Offense

Bottom 5 Defense 

Hard to take some of these seriously when Crowder had one of the best games he’s had in years and BRob was solid as well.