Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Official prediction time:

What I want them to do: Stand pat 6 take Nabers/MHJ/Odunze, trade back up and get Penix or Nix

What I think they are going to do: Send a kings ransom to NE for Maye. 6,47, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd. I think it will really take that much to outbid the Vikings at this point and to entice NE to move. (I very much hope I am wrong).

That would be a great scenario if we traded up for Maye!

10 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Official prediction time:

What I want them to do: Stand pat 6 take Nabers/MHJ/Odunze, trade back up and get Penix or Nix

yes, thank you, I 100% agree with your fine analysis.

as a Viking fan wanting a top 4 QB, i'm more concerned about the NYG's messing us up than Denver or Vegas.

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you would pay what @Shockwave is proposing? two 1st's and two 2nd's, to go from 6 to 3?

Yes, for Maye. If it succeeds, hell yeah! If it fails, we are in the same exact spot we are in now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Maye at 3 or 4. That's the pick boys

I just hope they can somehow pull it off without giving up next years 1st. Seeing rumor reports going around X now that they might take Penix at 6.

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I just hope they can somehow pull it off without giving up next years 1st. Seeing rumor reports going around X now that they might take Penix at 6.

Here is the full quote from Graziano

Graziano: The Giants have been tough to get a handle on. A month ago, many in the league believed their favorite quarterback in the class was McCarthy. If that were true, things have changed. The rumblings early this week: The Giants' guy is Maye.

I've been told the Giants and Vikings are the two teams that have been most active in discussions with the Patriots about the No. 3 pick, and that if Washington takes Daniels at No. 2, the Giants would be very interested in trading up to No. 3 for Maye. I've also been told in recent days that the Giants like Penix and might even be willing to take him as high as No. 6. There's a lot of chatter flying around, but what is clear is that the Giants have done significant work on the quarterbacks and are very open, if not desperate, to come out of Thursday night with one of them.

Dunleavy has also been discussing Giants possibly trading down. Both decisions would be poor moves.

16 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

1 first should not keep us from aiming for our QBOTF. The draft is a crapshoot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I dont see how we get to 3 without giving up next years first. However, doing so probably prevents us from giving up any more than 6 and either 47 or 70 this year, which is a great deal imo. 6, 70, 2025 1st for a stud rookie QB is a great deal to me. At 47 then, you take your WR. Legette, McConkey, AD Mitchell, etc. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I really, truly feel like we are getting either Drake Maye or Malik Nabers tomorrow, and I'm super happy with either one. 

The Roman Empire is growing for #6.