Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

Just now, Giants4eva said:

Onto RD2... what do u guys think if Cooper DeJean slips to us? Can line up at safety or play CB.. i think i like that move. 

That be a big fall, but love the idea. Even with having very little draft picks, I’ll look to trade up a few spots. The secondary needs some new friends!

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Christian Haynes
Kool-Aid
Dejean
Sinnott
Jonathon Brooks

I would say those are my top 5 I'd like to see picked at 47. I'd prefer Benson in the 3rd though over Brooks in the 2nd. 

i was just gonna add in is it too early to go after a RB? Brooks or Benson might be on the radar. DeJean is a guy i like alot though. 

8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I just don't want Rattler in the 2nd... or really at all. Seeing alot of mocks with us taking him in the 2nd or 3rd. I just don't see anything special about him. Rather just ride with Danny or Lock 

It be a wasted pick for sure

Getting Mike Sainristil, Max Melton, Cooper Dejean, Kool-Aid, Braden Fiske, Ruke Orhorhoro, or Johnny Newton at 47 would be A+, "holy **** I can't believe we got them" picks. 

Cooper Beebe, JPJ, Ben Sinnott, Christian Haynes, Ennis Rakestraw, or TJ Tampa would also be very good picks. Especially Sinnott. 

I think our 3rd round pick is gonna be a RB. Trey Benson or Marshawn Lloyd, if they're around. Maybe Blake Corum if not. I think the Giants want to go RB relatively early. 

While a Johnny Newton pick would have me doing backflips, picking Ruke would have me salivating. Thinking about how Andre Patterson could mold someone that athletic and who uses his hands that well has me thinking we'd have the best front 4 in football. 

I think the most shocking thing with our draft is that Scheon hasn’t traded one pick. He was a crazy trader in the first two drafts. Though with only 6 picks, makes it harder to move up.

I really like the Johnson and Tracy picks. I think they will both be impactful offensive players right away. Johnson should be an every down TE and I see Tracy in that scat back 3rd down Jerrick Mckinnon kind of role. Nubin will start out of the gate and I have high hopes for him. Not sold on Phillips but seems like a good value for where they got him. Odd having a Giants draft with no O or D lineman. 

Does seem like Schoen was drafting for need more so then BPA. But will all the gaps on this team I guess everything is a need. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I really like the Johnson and Tracy picks. I think they will both be impactful offensive players right away. Johnson should be an every down TE and I see Tracy in that scat back 3rd down Jerrick Mckinnon kind of role. Nubin will start out of the gate and I have high hopes for him. Not sold on Phillips but seems like a good value for where they got him. Odd having a Giants draft with no O or D lineman. 

Does seem like Schoen was drafting for need more so then BPA. But will all the gaps on this team I guess everything is a need. 

I don’t have a problem with no OL. We signed 1000 in FA. DL was strange, but without trading down we didn’t have a lot of picks. I’m fine with needs, as long as we aren’t reaching for players which appears we didn’t. We need a lot of help everywhere.