Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Because as you yourself have pointed out numerous times we don't have much draft equity and alot of holes to fill especially on offense. 

I have also said do what must be done for a top QB. It’s a huge risk, but we aren’t good right now. If that QB can elevate the players around hun, it’s worth it. If not, we are back in the same spot we currently are in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

I have also said do what must be done for a top QB. It’s a huge risk, but we aren’t good right now. If that QB can elevate the players around hun, it’s worth it. If not, we are back in the same spot we currently are in.

You wouldn't even entertain taking a QB in the top 6 that you don't think can elevate players around him. Kind of a moot point. If you're taking a guy there, you believe in him. He either hits or misses, and only part of that end result is determined pre-draft. I would say the other 2/3rds that factor into that are on the player themselves (not getting hurt, buying in, working hard, etc) and the coaching staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You wouldn't even entertain taking a QB in the top 6 that you don't think can elevate players around him. Kind of a moot point. If you're taking a guy there, you believe in him. He either hits or misses, and only part of that end result is determined pre-draft. I would say the other 2/3rds that factor into that are on the player themselves (not getting hurt, buying in, working hard, etc) and the coaching staff.

That is true, though I have also said I wouldn’t select the #4 QB at that spot. Which is a moot point as well, since every board is different. I’ll probably be upset no matter what we do. An unwelcome change from the past 2 years, but maybe that provide better results.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

That is true, though I have also said I wouldn’t select the #4 QB at that spot. Which is a moot point as well, since every board is different. I’ll probably be upset no matter what we do. An unwelcome change from the past 2 years, but maybe that provide better results.

GFW and I were just kind of talking about this in the Draft forum. A lot of teams' boards are going to be wildly different when it comes to QB this year. Like EDGE this year, there are a lot of different flavors. If any of these rumors are remotely true, some of these teams have Drake Maye as QB4 because of how his feet mechanics cause him to miss lay-up throws. Some teams are going to have Jayden Daniels QB4 because of his size. There's probably a team out there that has JJ QB1. It's all preference. Consensus QB4 is JJ, but if the Giants have him 2 or 3, you move up for him for sure. I think we can safely say moving up for Bo Nix or Michael Penix would be a problem, as would taking either of those guys above any of the top 4, but everything else is firmly in play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

GFW and I were just kind of talking about this in the Draft forum. A lot of teams' boards are going to be wildly different when it comes to QB this year. Like EDGE this year, there are a lot of different flavors. If any of these rumors are remotely true, some of these teams have Drake Maye as QB4 because of how his feet mechanics cause him to miss lay-up throws. Some teams are going to have Jayden Daniels QB4 because of his size. There's probably a team out there that has JJ QB1. It's all preference. Consensus QB4 is JJ, but if the Giants have him 2 or 3, you move up for him for sure. I think we can safely say moving up for Bo Nix or Michael Penix would be a problem, as would taking either of those guys above any of the top 4, but everything else is firmly in play.

That’s the case most years. Everyone is going to have their preferred flavor. We will see what we give up to move up.

Part of me hopes 1-3 stay where they are and the Vikings trade up to #4. Chargers get Alt and we can just take Harrison.

34 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

*TRADE* 6 + 2025 1st for 3

Is this enough to get it done? I know it makes sense on the draft pick equity calculator but they'll have to outbid Minny and Denver. 

I'd do that trade for Maye. Not for JJ. 

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Is this enough to get it done? I know it makes sense on the draft pick equity calculator but they'll have to outbid Minny and Denver. 

I'd do that trade for Maye. Not for JJ. 

I'd do it for either. I'd be happy with it for JJ, but I'd be ecstatic with it for Maye.

Is it enough? I don't know. The benefit we have though is that the Patriots would still be guaranteed to get one of MHJr, Nabers, Odunze, or Alt at 6. The Vikings and Broncos can't offer that. We have the ammo to outbid any other team for 3, but we'd have to be willing to go all in. There's a world where it takes something like 6, 47, and our 1st next year. If you think you are getting the guy though, it is worth it.

• Like 2

Pats missing that game winning FG and that post Xmas win over Philly really haunting me right now. We'd be debating Daniels, Maye, or MHJR and not about trading the farm to get one 😒

Then again Crosby did us a solid by missing a game winner against the Rams

15 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Pats missing that game winning FG and that post Xmas win over Philly really haunting me right now. We'd be debating Daniels, Maye, or MHJR and not about trading the farm to get one 😒

Then again Crosby did us a solid by missing a game winner against the Rams

Then we can look at the other direction at blowing the Jets game, or if the Bills game went our way. Can’t change the past.

• Like 1

Peter Schrager who did not predict any of the Giants selections in 3 2022 mocks (Thibs/Neal both avail in his last) nor did he predict Banks or a corner in his 2 2023 mocks (Banks was gone) has the Giants trading up for JJ. 

With this new information, it is only can  be assumed that Peter is sending false information out there for someone else to trade up for a QB. The Giants selection is Harrison.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Peter Schrager who did not predict any of the Giants selections in 3 2022 mocks (Thibs/Neal both avail in his last) nor did he predict Banks or a corner in his 2 2023 mocks (Banks was gone) has the Giants trading up for JJ. 

With this new information, it is only can  be assumed that Peter is sending false information out there for someone else to trade up for a QB. The Giants selection is Harrison.

I agree that Peter has NOT been plugged in to the Giants since Schoen took over, which is funny since he does know Schoen relatively well. This makes me pretty sure that JJ will not be the pick.

Not sure I agree with that last part though. Personally, I'm team Nabers over MHJr.

43 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Not sure I agree with that last part though. Personally, I'm team Nabers over MHJr.

Oh? Why is that, being I don’t study the prospects at all.

I'd take MHJR over Nabers. This offense needs an AJ Green way more then it needs a Tyreek Hill right now. The entire WR corps is basically slot or over the top. MHJR would be a true X that this offense desperately needs. 

55 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you want the best prediction for who the Giants will pick, wait until Art Stapleton drops his final prediction. He's been dead on for like the last 5 years.

I couldn’t find his 2022 mock, but he was right last year with Banks.