Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

These qbs are why overhyped. Best player available would be a wr or Alt. Turner would be great too buy the #1 wr which we need so very desperately would be the call in my opinion. We don't even have a true #2 wr, just a bunch of 3s and 4s.  I would even consider drafting 2 wrs in the first 2 rounds. Jones will have to do and hopefully he can stay healthy. 

20 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If McCarthy and Nabers are available at 6, which one are you taking? Assume Williams/Maye/Daniels/MHJr/Odunze are the first 5 picks. 

Who am I taking? Nabers

Who are the Giants taking... they run to the podium for JJ. A private workout on Easter... they are super high on this kid.  I'm thinking they are even willing to trade up to get him.

16 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

Nabers all day. J.J. might be OK but we are still in the same boat. No #1 wr.  It's been a long time not having 1

There's a better chance at getting WR1 in round 2 this year than any year in recent memory. It would suck having to pass on Nabers, but getting Legette or Coleman at 47 would ease the pain a bit. 

On 3/28/2024 at 10:25 AM, minutemancl said:

If McCarthy and Nabers are available at 6, which one are you taking? Assume Williams/Maye/Daniels/MHJr/Odunze are the first 5 picks. 

McCarthy, and I wouldn't think twice about it. We already have a potential #1 target in Jalin Hyatt. Remember him? We only saw a tiny fraction of what he can do last year because of the revolving door at quarterback.

The Giants need a real franchise guy in the worst way. More so this year because Barkley won't be here to prop up our broken offense. If the rebuild is on, and it definitely should be, then it only makes sense to invest our best capital in the most essential position: behind center.

On 3/30/2024 at 5:12 PM, y*so*blu said:

McCarthy, and I wouldn't think twice about it. We already have a potential #1 target in Jalin Hyatt. Remember him? We only saw a tiny fraction of what he can do last year because of the revolving door at quarterback.

The Giants need a real franchise guy in the worst way. More so this year because Barkley won't be here to prop up our broken offense. If the rebuild is on, and it definitely should be, then it only makes sense to invest our best capital in the most essential position: behind center.

We do need a QB so the answer should probably be McCarthy if he's there at 6 but this is the type of approach that nets you out a bad roster over time. What has Hyatt done to convince you he's a #1 target? Run fast? He might be a #1, but we have no idea and the odds are that he's not. Even if he is and we drafted Nabers, having two #1s is a good thing! Look at Cincy, Miami, Philly, etc. 

The Giants have far too long sprinkled their assets across too many positions giving them no depth at any position. Obviously, missing on so many OL kills our ability to draft for depth but the idea that Hyatt should stop you from drafting a WR1 is wild.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

We do need a QB so the answer should probably be McCarthy if he's there at 6 but this is the type of approach that nets you out a bad roster over time. What has Hyatt done to convince you he's a #1 target? Run fast? He might be a #1, but we have no idea and the odds are that he's not. Even if he is and we drafted Nabers, having two #1s is a good thing! Look at Cincy, Miami, Philly, etc. 

The Giants have far too long sprinkled their assets across too many positions giving them no depth at any position. Obviously, missing on so many OL kills our ability to draft for depth but the idea that Hyatt should stop you from drafting a WR1 is wild.

It wouldn't stop me from drafting a receiver on Day 2. Day 1 is a different story. If we don't get a real franchise quarterback, we're just spinning our wheels.

There will be no franchise qb available when we pick at 6 unless we trade up and give up the farm.  J.J. is a nice qb but not a franchise qb.  Jones is better and Having a #1 wr is top priority.  Just like the oline has been and still is a work in progress. We draft a qb we will destroy that kid until we get the weapons and protection for him.  Look at Jones. He had no help in the beginning of the season and almost ended his career. 

2 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

If we trade up for Maye and not trade the farm I'm good with that.  But then who is he throwing it too.  A bunch of #3 wrs 

Who was CJ Stroud throwing to last year? Why can’t the new QB elevate our receivers? And if not, there are other options. QB1 is way important than WR1.

• Like 1

Stroud had Schultz, Dell,Nico Collins, woods, and Brown. Also Stroud played out of his mind and zero qbs in this draft is or will be as good as him.  I don't think anyone realize that our wr Corp in very poor.  

18 minutes ago, Cuziam71 said:

Stroud had Schultz, Dell,Nico Collins, woods, and Brown. Also Stroud played out of his mind and zero qbs in this draft is or will be as good as him.  I don't think anyone realize that our wr Corp in very poor.  

Come on now. None of those players had over 600 yard the year before Stroud arrived.

Who was there qb the year before?  They had the talent but the qb was horrendous.  We have #3wrs, bad oline maybe little better, and a qb that can't stay healthy whether it's he's brittle or getting hit 1 second after he takes a snap

Just say we get a qb in the first, how will he be better the Jones?