2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

It is unbelievably frustrating to be a fan of a large market team that operates like a middle of the pack market team.  If I have to read one more puff piece about "intelligent spending", I  may lose it.

Yeah, well, try being a team a couple pieces away from a WS team and having to essentially cut guys to trim an already thin payroll. 😭

On 12/19/2023 at 3:51 PM, Leader said:

Made me laugh when Jom Boy posted that garbage from Boone telling Yamamoto about the "great rivalry" with the Red Sox and Yankees lately when the Yankees have gotten HANDLED by both teams in the playoffs every year for the past since 2004, when Yamamoto like 6.

i don't think anyone has a clue where he's going but I'd put money on San Fran and the Dodgers

19 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Made me laugh when Jom Boy posted that garbage from Boone telling Yamamoto about the "great rivalry" with the Red Sox and Yankees lately when the Yankees have gotten HANDLED by both teams in the playoffs every year for the past since 2004, when Yamamoto like 6. I don't think anyone has a clue where he's going but I'd put money on San Fran and the Dodgers

One more down...one to go :)

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Probably NYM he wants to be a star. He doesn't want to play 4th fiddle in NYY or 4th fiddle in LAD. also not believing chit until I see the tweet from Passan 

LOL I was wondering if anybody would notice the diss to the Mets :)

Time will tell.....

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

The only teams he'd be the #1 pitcher on that were/are in on him are the Giants and Mets so yeah. 

You don't think he'd be the #1 on the Dodgers. Kershaw is aging and out until midseason, and still hasn't signed. Ohtani isn't pitching next season. Glasnow only pitches half the games. Buehler is coming back from surgery. 

We can't say what he'll be in MLB, and it is fair to say he won't be the face of the franchise, but I don't think it's obvious he won't be the #1 pitcher on that team