UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

How're we feeling about tonight?!

I'm all in for trading up and sending away our first round pick next year to try to get in the 7-9 range and select Nabers/Odunze.

Logic (piggybacking off Joe Buscaglia most recent podcast):

• The Bills 2025 1st round pick (hopefully) will most likely be in the 24-32 range.
  • The Bills have the vikings 2nd round pick next year and the vikings might not be good next year. If they have a top 10 pick then the 2nd round pick is almost like a super late 1st. 
  • The Bills will have two 2nd round picks next year if they wanted to use one and a 3rd to sneak back into the 1st round they could.
  • Josh Allen is in his prime right now and I don't want to mess around and get cute. The offense and Josh Allen are the most important thing on the team if they want to win a super bowl so go and get a young stud that'll be on a cost controlled rookie contract for the next 4-5 years of Allens prime. 

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

How're we feeling about tonight?!

I'm all in for trading up and sending away our first round pick next year to try to get in the 7-9 range and select Nabers/Odunze.

Logic (piggybacking off Joe Buscaglia most recent podcast):

• The Bills 2025 1st round pick (hopefully) will most likely be in the 24-32 range.
  • The Bills have the vikings 2nd round pick next year and the vikings might not be good next year. If they have a top 10 pick then the 2nd round pick is almost like a super late 1st. 
  • The Bills will have two 2nd round picks next year if they wanted to use one and a 3rd to sneak back into the 1st round they could.
  • Josh Allen is in his prime right now and I don't want to mess around and get cute. The offense and Josh Allen are the most important thing on the team if they want to win a super bowl so go and get a young stud that'll be on a cost controlled rookie contract for the next 4-5 years of Allens prime. 

I am against trading our first rounder next year. This draft is too deep at WR to panic and trade way up. We need as many premium draft picks as possible to keep restocking young talent on cheap contracts. I would be okay with a moderate trade up if a guy they love falls a bit.

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am okay with trading up for one of the top 3 WR's.

But WR's 4-14 are a pick your flavour and I don't think the Bills need to go much higher (if at all) to get one.

Who is your favorite target outside of the top 3 and Brian Thomas if we stay at 28? Mine would be Legette. Honorable mention would be AD Mitchell or Worthy.

45 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Who is your favorite target outside of the top 3 and Brian Thomas if we stay at 28? Mine would be Legette. Honorable mention would be AD Mitchell or Worthy.

Probably Worthy or McConkey for me lol

Stat nerds have talked me out of AD. 

42 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’ve also come to the conclusion if we aren’t trading up big then trade back.

Has Beane ever traded back in a premium round other than the James Cook year which probably only happened because like 4 WR went off the board just before we picked. 

Beane has traded up 4/6 first round picks. I’ll be surprised if we stay at 28 lol