UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

This season is basically hanging on by a thread to even be a playoff year. Injuries on defense aside, that's a major issue. The offense is a major issue. So what do the Bills do? Dorsey has to be fired right? is McDermott safe if they miss the playoffs?

EDIT: WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

What free agents, if any do we bring back?

2024 Free agents:

Micah Hyde

Daquan Jones

Leonard Floyd

Tim Settle

Jordan Phillips

AJ Epensa

Tyrel Dodson

Poona Ford

Dane Jackson'

Trent Sherfield

Damien Harris

Taylor Rapp

David Edwards

Shaq Lawson

Gabe Davis

Latavius Murray

Kyle Allen

Who would you want as OC in 2024? Or, if crap really hits the fan, who do you want as HC in 2024?

I think regardless of what happens, Beane will be safe. His drafts in 2020 and 2021 weren't great but 2022 and 2023 have looked much better

Cook, Bernard, Shakir and Benford last year and Kincaid and Torrence so far this year (I think most of up have seen enough to want Dorian starting too).

Beane should get his shot to pick a HC if McDermott is gone

5 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I would like to cut as much salary as we can with aging vets and acquire as many picks as we can. Hopefully in 2-3 years we hit on draft picks and have at least a little cap flexibility where we can take another stab at truly contending when Josh is around 30 and is still mostly in his prime.

Cutting Mitch Morse, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Poyer and Deonte Harty frees up about $22mil. Still would be work to be done but it would be a start. 

I feel WR in the 1st round is a must now. Probably someone like Texas WR Xavier Worthy. I like Gabe Davis...but man...even Sammy Watkins thinks he disappears way too often.

I also think they have to rework Tre. He has an "out" next year, but I doubt they take it, I see a 1 year extension to lower his $16 mil cap number that is due the next two years.

Edited by Maxmw22
  • Like 1

As much as I hate to say it, I feel like the season is a wash. Between the injuries and being inconsistent, we'll be lucky to be in the playoffs this season, let alone a shot at the Super Bowl. Von Miller signing has been a bust but seems like we are stuck with him for another year. Hyde/Poyer aren't the duo they used to be.

Resign: DaQuon Jones, AJ Epenesa & Dane Jackson

Cut: Jordan Poyer, Deonte Harty, Reggie Gilliam, Damar Hamlin & Nyheim Hines

Trade: Kair Elam

Restructure: Josh Allen, Von Miller

Extend/Cut: Rasul Douglas (depending on 2023 performance)

Draft: Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

FA: DT (depth), S, WR, QB (older, mentor for Josh to get through his depression or whatever is making him down all the time)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I feel WR in the 1st round is a must now. Probably someone like Texas WR Xavier Worthy. I like Gabe Davis...but man...even Sammy Watkins thinks he disappears way too often.

I also think they have to rework Tre. He has an "out" next year, but I doubt they take it, I see a 1 year extension to lower his $16 mil cap number that is due the next two years.

Need a WR bad. Diggs is still Diggs but he could fall off anytime and god forbid an injury occurs.

A stud WR on a 5 year rookie deal would be fantastic 

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think we try to keep one of Leonard Floyd or AJ Epenesa and hopefully Rasul Douglas plays his way around here for a couple seasons 

We're drafting a WR early 

We rework Tre White

We resign DaQuan Jones 

Of the two I would suspect Floyd comes cheaper because of his age.

What changes to the staff to you foresee?

I think the most likely thing to happen is McDermott stays but has to replace both coordinator roles.

I would love to see him go with outside hires at both. Go big game hunting like Saleh if he gets fired or Bienemy after Washington cleans house.

I also like the idea of grabbing a current OC who doesn’t get call plays like Frank Smith or Brian Callahan 

I forgot where I seen but someone mentioned bringing Anthony Lynn back and I actually wouldn't be opposed to that. He didn't succeed as a HC in LA but was a good OC here and in LA before becoming a HC. He always had good running game and offensive line play.

Edited by DER10N92

On 11/7/2023 at 10:34 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Of the two I would suspect Floyd comes cheaper because of his age.

What changes to the staff to you foresee?

I think we'll clean house if we don't make playoffs and win a game. I don't even think a one and done playoff run with save them.

Beanes magic has worn off.. Allen statistically is top 5 in every major QB category. He's not the problem.. I think the squandered draft capital from the last 4 drafts has bit us in the ***. The holes we tried to (and failed) to fill with that draft capital left to us having to prioritize guys like Leonard Floyd and Connor McGovern instead of adding the coveted WR2

I also feel our OL is still average at best collectively. Spencer Brown is inconsistent, McGovern hasn't been graded well according to PFF. Dawkins is overpaid albeit the restructuring has helped. 

Edited by BillsGuy82

We'll be going into next draft with the need of a new secondary, WR2 and we're gonna need pass rush help, the OL needs an upgrade.

Alot of holes with not alot of cap room and draft equity.. That Kaiir Elam pick hasn't reared its head yet. Him busting out with TreDavious White injury has opened up more holes that Beane whiffed on