UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

16 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Crazy thing is we can win out and still miss the playoffs. Very unlikely, but it is possible. I think the rest of the AFC is hoping we don’t get in.

Is it? 

Colts and Texans have the same record as us and play each other week 18 so one will get a loss. 

That just means we need to jump one more team. 

I guess if the Browns, Bengals, Colts, and Dolphins all win out we wouldn't make it but that's gotta be such a low percentage. 

Bengals still play the Steelers, Chiefs and Browns. Dolphins play Ravens, Cowboys, and Us. Browns still place the Colts and Texans. 

So I guess there might be a scenario (1-2%) that if we win out we don't get in but I'm just hoping the Texans, Colts and Bengals go 1-2 to end the season so we could even sneak in at 10-7 lol. 

16 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Crazy thing is we can win out and still miss the playoffs. Very unlikely, but it is possible. I think the rest of the AFC is hoping we don’t get in.

I’ve seen mixed views of who to cheer for between Houston and Cleveland this weekend

On one hand, the Browns winning means we pass Houston if we win out.

On the other, if Houston wins, then in week 18, two of Houston, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Cleveland is guaranteed to get their 7th loss meaning we’d be in if we win out and apparently have a better chance at 10-7 in this scenario too. 

• Like 1

How the Bills can get in at 10-7:

Broncos lose at least one of their last 3: NE, LAC, @ LV

At least one of the Jags or Colts or Texans lose 2 of their last 3 (finish at best 9-8)

Bengals to lose 2 of their last 3: @Pitt, @ KC, Cle

or 

Two of the Jags, Colts or Texans lose 2 of their last 3. 

Jags: @ TB, Car, @ Ten

Ind: @ Atl, LV, Hou

Hou: Cle, Ten, @ Ind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

How the Bills can get in at 10-7:

At least one of the Jags or Colts or Texans lose 2 of their last 3 (finish at best 9-8)

Bengals to lose 2 of their last 3: @Pitt, @ KC, Cle

or 

Two of the Jags, Colts or Texans lose 2 of their last 3. 

Jags: @ TB, Car, @ Ten

Ind: @ Atl, LV, Hou

Hou: Cle, Ten, @ Ind

I can see the Jags losing to TB this week and potentially Tennessee in week 18. I'm sure Tennessee would love to play spoiler to a division rival. 

Someone between Indy/Houston is losing week 18 so whoever that is hopefully loses one time in the next two weeks (Houston maybe this weekend without Stroud). 

Regardless, there is just so many variables it hurts my brain to keep going thru them. Lets get two wins these next two weeks and then see what happened with all the other teams. 

That said, lets go Steelers (vs Bengals), Atlanta (vs Colts), Bucs (vs Jags), Dallas (vs Dolphins), and Pats (vs Denver).

Still salty that the Bears blew the game against the Browns last week and the Titans choking vs the Texans smh. Playoff picture would look alot different. 

On 12/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Bills have activated Kaiir Elam.

Will be nice to have him fully healthy. Gives us much needed depth at CB. 

Might get one more chance to prove his worth but his leash can't be long.. The Rasul Douglas, Christian Benford and Taron Johnson tandem held imo.

6 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Might get one more chance to prove his worth but his leash can't be long.. The Rasul Douglas, Christian Benford and Taron Johnson tandem held imo.

Yeah he won’t be a starter by any means but Dane Jackson was the only other outside corner healthy on the active roster before. Bills were lucky they didn’t see injuries pile up there 

Well we already know McDermott isn't going anywhere. So I think the big questions are coordinators.

IMO we should remove the interim tag from Joe Brady. I do love how aggressive our defense has been under McDermott compared to Frazier, but I think it would be best for someone else to be calling the D next year so McDermott can continue focusing on being the HC.

Internal candidates:

Eric Washington
Al Holcomb
John Butler
Bobby Babich

External Candidates:

Kris Richard
Ejiro Evero
Jerod Mayo
Jim Leonard

Gonna eat some crow here on Khalil Shakir and Dalton Kincaid being fantastic picks for Beane 

Khalil Shakir emergence late has been an absolute blessing for us. The versatility of Shakir and Cook, Kincaid and Knox clicking, the OL stepping up huge. Diggs being dependable and suddenly were back to being a problem to defend 

My confidence in the AFC right now is huge. We can take out any team any night 

• Like 2

Look you hate to see a guy injured and all but I'm just gonna say it.

Not having to force the ball to Gabe Davis and making Brady and Josh incorporate Shakir into the offense more is a net positive if Gabe is hurt. Which should make the decision to let him walk easier, Kincaid has been a revelation now that he's getting more zone beaters and jump balls.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who dis:

Here's what I wrote in the NFL Gen thread:

Terrance Gray would be a good hire for Vegas...or any team really. Been a trusted cog in the Bills front office since 2017. Been promoted a few times. Brandon Beane said that Gray was the one who spearheaded the trade for Rasul Douglas at the deadline as well. 

Gray's history with Buffalo

2017-2019: Director of college scouting
2020-2022: Assistant director of Player Personnel
2023- : Director of Player Personnel