UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Ty Dunne piece on McD makes me even angrier we aren't gonna fire him because holy **** is he crazy.

I was just coming to comment on it. Took me a long time to read but whoa buddy is it wild.

Im not a big Dunne fan as he is close friends with Jim Monos and has a clear vendetta against some at OBD, but the remarks from some past players and coaches is revealing.

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was just coming to comment on it. Took me a long time to read but whoa buddy is it wild.

Im not a big Dunne fan as he is close friends with Jim Monos and has a clear vendetta against some at OBD, but the remarks from some past players and coaches is revealing.

I wouldn't have taken it as true had multiple other people not corroborated a bunch of it. The dude is completely out of it, he shouldn't be managing a Dennys let alone a $6B football team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I know it was 4 years ago but wtf. How does that thought A. Enter someone’s mind and then subsequently B. Exit their mouth.

So many of these coaches are such great Xs and Os guys but seriously lack social skills we take for granted. I think that’s why so many coaches fail as the head guy but can make great coordinators. 

On 12/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Ty Dunne piece on McD makes me even angrier we aren't gonna fire him because holy **** is he crazy.

Looking back at this now, I felt a little similar in feeling like McD needed to go based off this alone. But afterwards, seeing the team stick up for him and get behind him makes me question the validity of what was said in that piece. I'm sure there is some truth to some of the things that were said but now it seems like most of it was all just former players/staff/coaches holding grudges against their former team based off of their individual situations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Looking back at this now, I felt a little similar in feeling like McD needed to go based off this alone. But afterwards, seeing the team stick up for him and get behind him makes me question the validity of what was said in that piece. I'm sure there is some truth to some of the things that were said but now it seems like most of it was all just former players/staff/coaches holding grudges against their former team based off of their individual situations.

There is definitely some truth in the article but yeah way overblown imo. A lot of former players/staff/coaches with grudges because they got fired/let go/not resigned. When I see Brandon Beane, Josh Allen and the whole locker room take his side I'd trust their opinions over players/staff that got let go.