UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

On 4/26/2024 at 10:48 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Decent Day 2... Dewayne Carter lost some steam but at one point was going as high as early second.. Decent pick at 95

I'd grade our day 2

WR Keon Coleman - B

S Cole Bishop - B+

DT DeWayne Carter - B 

Coleman - A

Bishop - B+

Carter - C

I really liked the Ray Davis Pick. I read some Coleman comments on here, I realize his 40 was disappointing but he had a fast 10 yd split and I believe he ran the fastest Gauntlet of any player at the combine.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The battle for the 4th/5th WR spot between a bunch of Jags in the "last change" part of their careers is going to be fun to watch.

He definitely has the edge over the other guys. I know he has his issues with drops, but he brings a much-needed skillset to this WR core, which is a deep threat. I fully expect Shakir, Samuel, Coleman, and MVS to be our top-4 guys with Knox and Kincaid getting more targets than MVS, so he'll likely be the #6 receiving threat, which seems reasonable. 

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The battle for the 4th/5th WR spot between a bunch of Jags in the "last change" part of their careers is going to be fun to watch.

Our WR depth chart will be a camp battle across the board. Kincaid gonna get his looks and Cook gonna get his design plays in the passing game but I expect the WR battles to be tight between MVS, Coleman, Samuels and Shakir.. 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Our WR depth chart will be a camp battle across the board. Kincaid gonna get his looks and Cook gonna get his design plays in the passing game but I expect the WR battles to be tight between MVS, Coleman, Samuels and Shakir.. 

I don’t see MVS in the same group as them. 

I think those top 3 are a clear cut above the rest of the WR group for a variety of reasons, production, draft capital, contract and/familiarity with Joe Brady system. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I feel like McDermott might use our WR Corplike our DL rotation. Two groups of 3 that will rotate every other drive. Maybe keeping them fresh gives us legs in the 4th quarter.

I can definitely see a heavy rotation depending on the situation. MVS is apparently a very good blocker as well. The WR room is big and willing to block. I believe Brady's shift in philosophy to end the year last year, which was running the ball more and spreading the wealth among the receiving options, is getting more players who can fit into that philosophy. 

Coleman, Shakir, and Samuel are sure handed WRs who are good route runners. MVS doesn't have reliable hands and is more of a one trick pony, but he can stretch the field, which was desperately needed. Even if he's not getting targeted a lot, teams have to be aware of him, which should open the field a bit more.

Add in Knox and Kincaid, who are big boys that throw their weight around, and I'm liking what Brady and McD are cooking. Kincaid is our blue chipper. If he takes a big step next year, then watch out!

Edited by WizeGuy