UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Bills have one glaring need and let everybody else determine the board for a few late rounders. Dumb. Hand the team you have to beat their choice at WR. Dumb. This team isn't serious.

I mean did you have any of these second tier receivers that far ahead of eachother? A lot of people wanted Mitchell, he’s still there, so is Coleman. Idk I like what they did. I didn’t want Worthy anyways. Mahomes obviously can make anyone good, but that size is just so tough to make work in the NFL. 

If they weren’t going to trade up and get one of the big 3, this is what I wanted. I’m good with it. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I mean did you have any of these second tier receivers that far ahead of eachother? A lot of people wanted Mitchell, he’s still there, so is Coleman. Idk I like what they did. I didn’t want Worthy anyways. Mahomes obviously can make anyone good, but that size is just so tough to make work in the NFL. 

If they weren’t going to trade up and get one of the big 3, this is what I wanted. I’m good with it. 

The only small criticism I have is now missing out on a possible 5th year option if we do take a premium paid position.

Other than that, I am with you. The talent at WR falling is working for us. I am all on board with taking one at 33 and would even be OK using 60 and say two of our four 5th rd picks to move up and double up at WR.

1 hour ago, Maxmw22 said:

The only small criticism I have is now missing out on a possible 5th year option if we do take a premium paid position.

Other than that, I am with you. The talent at WR falling is working for us. I am all on board with taking one at 33 and would even be OK using 60 and say two of our four 5th rd picks to move up and double up at WR.

Yeah I thought that too but if we can hit those mid round picks the one year of potential savings 5 years from now would be worth it. Or if we used one of the picks we moved up to trade for Debo or someone else.

One thing I like is we have the first pick today, so that gives Beane all day to field calls from teams that might be interested in trading up and maybe get more value for the pick if he wants to trade back again. I think he will move up in rounds 2-4 to get his guys. Rounds 2-4 are loaded and is the sweet spot for this draft.

• Like 1

The trade with KC was no big deal, but then trading out of the first round and only acquiring a 5th in return. They lost out on the 5th year option if they took their guy at 32 vs 33 now. Objectively I think it was a mistake but as a fan of a division rival I absolutely support the move.

Like many, my initial thought was they have to be accumulating pics for a trade for an Ayuik etc, but I would think a pic at 32 is far more valuable in that equation than a 33 and 5th rounder so I don’t see that being the case. Just seemed to be an odd decision unless I am wrong about the compensation. My money is on, they are banking on someone really loving someone at 33 and trading back even further into the second and acquiring more pics. Could end up being a brilliant move.     

27 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

The trade with KC was no big deal, but then trading out of the first round and only acquiring a 5th in return. They lost out on the 5th year option if they took their guy at 32 vs 33 now. Objectively I think it was a mistake but as a fan of a division rival I absolutely support the move.

Like many, my initial thought was they have to be accumulating pics for a trade for an Ayuik etc, but I would think a pic at 32 is far more valuable in that equation than a 33 and 5th rounder so I don’t see that being the case. Just seemed to be an odd decision unless I am wrong about the compensation. My money is on, they are banking on someone really loving someone at 33 and trading back even further into the second and acquiring more pics. Could end up being a brilliant move.     

Yeah trading out of 32 was a head scratcher for me. I think it signals that Worthy and Legette weren’t their guys. Beane could trade back again to add more picks to trade for Aiyuk or Deebo or use the ammo to move up in rounds 2-4.

12 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Bills have one glaring need and let everybody else determine the board for a few late rounders. Dumb. Hand the team you have to beat their choice at WR. Dumb. This team isn't serious.

A 3rd rounder was needed.

The Bills obviously didn’t want Legette or Worthy so who cares that they went. 

1 hour ago, Billsfaninptown said:

One thing I like is we have the first pick today, so that gives Beane all day to field calls from teams that might be interested in trading up and maybe get more value for the pick if he wants to trade back again. I think he will move up in rounds 2-4 to get his guys. Rounds 2-4 are loaded and is the sweet spot for this draft.

3 picks in the top 100 so far, and you’re right he’s been fielding calls all day. Wouldn’t be surprised if we moved back once more and get another 3rd rounder 

9 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Adonai Mitchell has to be the pick.. I got him as the 5th ranked WR 

Keon Coleman would be my next ranked WR

Steam picking up for Coleman apparently.

I think there’s too many questions marks for Mitchell for him to be the Bills guy 

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Steam picking up for Coleman apparently.

I think there’s too many questions marks for Mitchell for him to be the Bills guy 

This wouldn’t make sense off of Beane’s comments say they want RAC and guys that can separate.

11 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

This wouldn’t make sense off of Beane’s comments say they want RAC and guys that can separate.

I thought he was a decent RAC guy? I knew he couldn’t separate.

I think we land two WR today so if the first one is Coleman I’d expect more of a slot type later on