UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Here's what I wrote in the NFL Gen thread:

Terrance Gray would be a good hire for Vegas...or any team really. Been a trusted cog in the Bills front office since 2017. Been promoted a few times. Brandon Beane said that Gray was the one who spearheaded the trade for Rasul Douglas at the deadline as well. 

Gray's history with Buffalo

2017-2019: Director of college scouting
2020-2022: Assistant director of Player Personnel
2023- : Director of Player Personnel 

Gray took over for Dan Morgan right?

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Terrance Gray has two GM interviews currently.

The LV Raiders and LA Chargers. The Bills would receive two 3rd round picks, one in 2025 and one in 2026 if he is hired away.

Why would we get extra picks for a front office hire? Is it like compensatory? I believe we’ll be getting an extra 3rd this year from the Edmunds signing as well. 3 straight years of an extra 3rd round pick would be nice

16 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

Why would we get extra picks for a front office hire? Is it like compensatory? I believe we’ll be getting an extra 3rd this year from the Edmunds signing as well. 3 straight years of an extra 3rd round pick would be nice

A few years ago the NFL introduced a compensatory program that rewards teams who lose high ranking minorities from the front office or coaches to HC roles.

Believe the 49ers have had this happen every year.

48 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

Looks like Leslie Frazier is interviewing for the Chargers HC spot as well.

Will be interesting to see where ends up and as what. I'd be surprised if its as a HC unless he has some rockstar coordinators lined up.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t think his cap will make it possible.  But if we go into next season as him as our WR1, we are in trouble

We're in trouble regardless. The team isn't good enough and we're going to lose 20 or so guys. Thr offense doesn't fit our QB at all, our QB is developing a habit in these games of freaking out on the last drive, our defensive minded head coach can't get a single solitary meaningful defensive play in a game where they just needed ONE 

Congrats to us we're the Marvin Lewis Bengals.

It turns out all that crap about Sean and thr Ty Dunne piece galvanizing and uniting them and blah blah blah was a load of crap, again. Because we've invested countless cap money, real dollars, draft picks, you name it into this defense and every single year they can't function when they need too. We went from Frasier refusing to call pressure to Sean blitzing wildly when it clearly wasn't working. But it won't change cause he's not going anywhere so I don't even really know what the point is.