UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

20 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We signed Mack Hollins, don't get it but, hopefully he's cheap.

Blocking WR that will replace what Gabe brought in that area. Also, has some decent receiving ability. I'd expect him out there with Knox and Kincaid when we want to abuse the LBs. He could be our WR4 if they trust his receiving ability. 

Edited by WizeGuy

10 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sounds like Levi Wallace could be back. Fine veteran depth for camp/CB3 battle.

The eye popping news is Arik Armstead being linked to Buffalo. 

I'd be happy with both of these moves assuming Armstead comes cheap. Wallace will battle Elam for CB3.

Armstead would be interesting. He's slowed down a bit, but from what I've seen is still a very good DT. The middle of our D line would be really strong, which would be nice because the outside of the line is lacking a bit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

That would be an expensive backup DT.

He can play DE as well, and I think him and Jones would split the starting role next to Oliver. Jones was on the field for around 50% of the snaps pre-injury. I think Armstead can get steady playing time at DE and DT for us. He's a pretty unique player.  

14 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

He can play DE as well, and I think him and Jones would split the starting role next to Oliver. Jones was on the field for around 50% of the snaps pre-injury. I think Armstead can get steady playing time at DE and DT for us. He's a pretty unique player.  

This would make more sense. I was wondering if he had positional versatility. If he is strictly a backup DT I think he would be an expensive backup. I assume we won’t be able to afford him anyways. He reportedly refused to take a paycut with the 49ers.

2 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

This would make more sense. I was wondering if he had positional versatility. If he is strictly a backup DT I think he would be an expensive backup. I assume we won’t be able to afford him anyways. He reportedly refused to take a paycut with the 49ers.

Yeah. The only hope is his wife's ties to Buffalo.

5 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Sounds like Ty Johnson is resigning. Solid third back. Now we need a short yardage between the tackles RB and I think the RB room will be good to go.

All of us knew we would be cash strapped, so my realistic wishlist was to bring in Quadzilla (AJ Dillon) at a reasonable price, 1 year 3-5 mil deal. Still holding out hope.

On 3/14/2024 at 6:21 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Curtis Samuel 3 years $24 mil and $15 mil guaranteed.

i like it! He knows Joe Brady’s system and that’s when his best season occurred. Gives the Bills another legit option In the slot. 

I like it.. WR is deep so we don't necessarily need to go WR in Round 1 anymore. I feel this signing opens up our board more.

I wonder if this opens up the possibility of going edge rusher in round one.. I don't think Dallas Turner drops but outside chance Jared Verse could then you got Liatu Latu and Chop Robinson.

Drafting a edge rusher to learn from Von Miller for a season could be smart 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I like it.. WR is deep so we don't necessarily need to go WR in Round 1 anymore. I feel this signing opens up our board more.

I wonder if this opens up the possibility of going edge rusher in round one.. I don't think Dallas Turner drops but outside chance Jared Verse could then you got Liatu Latu and Chop Robinson.

Drafting a edge rusher to learn from Von Miller for a season could be smart 

I agree. I would say right now the most glaring needs are WR and DL but neither HAVE to be addressed in round 1.

Thats typically how Beane likes to enter night 1.

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Taron Johnson extended 3 years $31 million. Highest paid slot corner in the league.

Big fan! 🙌🙌

Sweet. He deserves it. Will save us a little $$ on cap this year as well too.