Week 10 GDT: Texans(4-4) @ Bengals(5-3)

lumberjackchris

maxresdefault.jpg

Coming off a thrilling comeback victory led by our rookie franchise QB, the Texans are riding high as they travel up to Cincy to take on the Bengals.

8ae061f0-7c21-11ee-bbbf-4890edaf189d

After dropping 3 of 4 to start the season, Joe Burrow and Co look healthy as they've reeled out 4 straight, with the previous 2 coming against the 9ers and Bills. 

This could turn into a shootout with both teams having lack luster run games. Luckily the weather in the midwest looks pretty good for this time of the year with partly cloudy skies and a high of 56. 

The big question is, will Bobby Slowik let the rook cook from the get go?

• Like 1

Need to fill in some gaps before this game

Ridgeway done for the season

Safeties injured

Can Beck go?

I would like to see

- FB / TE Griffin Hebert added to PS (bye Doaks) Beck insurance + potential core STer

- I am ok with Saubert (esp. because knows TE coach from Denver), but signing Zack Kuntz off Jets' PS offers way more upside (esp. if he commits to blocking).  Moreover, might have some intel to share before our matchup in December.

- Sign another IOL so Tytus can move back to RT.  I like Cameron Tom as a vet IOL.  Currently on Chargers' PS.  Has ZBS profile & athleticism.  Move Deculus to PS & cut Lecitus Smith.

- Ridgeway to IR. :( Sign Trysten Hill.  Currently on Pats' PS.  Played for Burke in AZ & did pretty good.  

- Sign SAF Eric Rowe.  Cut by Panthers. From Klein.  Could provide vet presence in secondary.  Might really need him vs. Cincy.

- Sign K Brett Maher.  Love Dare, but need a pro kicker.  Maher was with squad in 2020.  Has big leg, but accuracy can be iffy.

It'll be interesting to see how Stroud reacts to the entire country stroking his ego for a week straight. No matter how big his head gets or doesn't get, we're underdogs this week. Stroud is going to need to put together 4 quarters if we're going to stand a chance. I don't see our defense slowing down Burrow really. We might need 6 TDs out of him this week..

41 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

It'll be interesting to see how Stroud reacts to the entire country stroking his ego for a week straight. No matter how big his head gets or doesn't get, we're underdogs this week. Stroud is going to need to put together 4 quarters if we're going to stand a chance. I don't see our defense slowing down Burrow really. We might need 6 TDs out of him this week..

He needs to go back and watch film of losing to Bryce young 

4 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

Keeping Burrow off the field is the only way we win. We need to get to the QB plain n simple. Create turnovers and eat up the clock then maybe we'll have a shot. 

In the short term, I wouldn't mind seeing WAJ bumped inside some. He's so dang strong, I think it would help our pass rush as a whole. 

• Like 1

I think it'll be a shootout, but Cincy has the edge. 41-31, Bengals - but people take notice on how similar Stroud/Burrow are and declare this another future QB rivalry in the AFC.

Next season looks like the AFCE is on tap for the schedule - Stroud v Tua and Stroud v Allen are primetime games. 

• Like 1

The Houston Texans have signed Grayland Arnold to the active roster, signed Matt Ammendola and Brady Breeze to the practice squad, released Lecitus Smith from the practice squad and placed Hassan Ridgeway and M.J. Stewart on the Reserve/Injured List.