A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

The really interesting situations to watch are the teams that will be trying to get out of salary cap jail:

Saints:  $75.9 million over project cap

Dolphins:  $43.3 million over projected cap

Bills:  $41.5 million over projected cap

Chargers:  $34.5 million over projected cap

I suspect the changes they will have to make will put some solid depth players on the market

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2024/

It blows my mind how these teams find ways to get under the cap.  Either from cuts or void years, they somehow do it every year without dropping most of their roster.  Will be interesting to see if some guys can be had though.  I'd take Lattimore for cheap from New Orleans.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It blows my mind how these teams find ways to get under the cap.  Either from cuts or void years, they somehow do it every year without dropping most of their roster.  Will be interesting to see if some guys can be had though.  I'd take Lattimore for cheap from New Orleans.  

Give me Lattimore and a DL in free agency and let Brad work his magic in the draft and I’m thrilled. 

The other interesting team to watch is the Chiefs.  They have $51 million in cap space but only have 24 players under contract for next year.  Chris Jones, Mike Danna and La"Jarius Sneed are going to get paid.  I don't know how the Lions plan on using Josh Pascal moving forward but Mike Danna would be a nice compliment to Aidan Hutchinson and probably would not be too expensive.  LaJarius Sneed would be a nice addition but isn't going to come cheap.

Edited by Just Want A Title

Thoughts on potential trade back scenarios?

Assumption:  The Lions are picking 26 or later in the first round.

Trade 1:

The Lions trade back with the Atlanta Falcons out of Round 1 into early Round 2.  The Falcons receive pick #2X (still TBD).  The Lions receive #43, #74 and 141.  Picks in the third and fifth rounds are very early in each round.  

Trade 2:

The Lions trade back with the Jets with their late 3rd-round pick, #9X.  The Lions receive picks 111 and 113.  Those picks are early in the 4th round also.

This scenario would leave the Lions with:

Rd 2, #43 (from Falcons)

Rd 2, #5X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 3, #73 (from Vikings)

Rd 3, #74 (from Falcons)

Rd 4, #111 (from Jets)

Rd 4, #113 (from Jets)

Rd 5,  #16X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 6,  #20X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 7, #24X (original pick, final slot TBD)

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Thoughts on potential trade back scenarios?

Assumption:  The Lions are picking 26 or later in the first round.

Trade 1:

The Lions trade back with the Atlanta Falcons out of Round 1 into early Round 2.  The Falcons receive pick #2X (still TBD).  The Lions receive #43, #74 and 141.  Picks in the third and fifth rounds are very early in each round.  

Trade 2:

The Lions trade back with the Jets with their late 3rd-round pick, #9X.  The Lions receive picks 111 and 113.  Those picks are early in the 4th round also.

This scenario would leave the Lions with:

Rd 2, #43 (from Falcons)

Rd 2, #5X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 3, #73 (from Vikings)

Rd 3, #74 (from Falcons)

Rd 4, #111 (from Jets)

Rd 4, #113 (from Jets)

Rd 5,  #16X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 6,  #20X (original pick, final slot TBD)

Rd 7, #24X (original pick, final slot TBD)

I personally think the Falcons will make a move for Justin Fields. He'll be had for something like a 2nd. He's from the area and played (briefly) at Georgia. 

If I am Ryan Poles, now that the Bears are keeping Eberflus, I probably keep Fields; trade #1 overall for a haul and then see how things shake out next year. 

Poles didn't hire Eberflus or draft Fields. He could make the argument he hasn't had a fair shake and has drafted well, so he's deserving of picking his own guys. 

10 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Who wants to work for that owner?

Two Reasons

1) If you are good enough to get an interview you probably also have an ego that causes one to believe they can right the ship where others have failed, despite an interfering owner.

2) Tepper is loaded and if you achieve success you are going to be richly rewarded.

11 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Who wants to work for that owner?

You get an opportunity for 1 of 32 positions and get paid a ton to do it.... arguably, you also get a 'get out of jail free' card too. Because if things don't work out, there is going to be the perception that it was because of Tepper meddling. 

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Do you guys think Tracy Walker has any trade value? Could see him being moved to a team that needs a safety so he gets a starter role.

It wouldn't be a high draft pick but he probably does have some trade value.  Maybe 5th round or later.  He is better playing closer to the LOS than he is in deep coverage.  He is good at run support and has solid blitzing skills as well.  I think he would be an upgrade for some teams who are willing to make a deal.  If he flashes during the playoffs that could spark some interest