A 2024 OFF-SEASON PROJECTION (POST NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME)

Karnage84

45 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

A so-so DT class took a minor hit.  Apparently Cincinnati DT Dontay Corleone will not be entering the 2024 draft.  I get the feeling that if the Lions want to add a DT it will have to be pretty early in the draft.

I actually like this DT class quite a bit.  Guys rated as far down as round 7, similar to how I liked Karl Brooks last year. Leonard Taylor is about the only one I would take early if he is available.  Dorlus, Sweat and Murphy are guys I like in the 2nd and third. Shemar Turner, Howard Cross, Darius Robinson, Eboigbe, and Jordan Burch later in the draft.  And I am sure more will pop up as the draft process continues.   There are always later sleepers like Brodric Martin that move up boards.  Although I hope Martin takes a big step next year.  

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

SAFETY GROUP

Of all the Lions' issues on defense, the safety group is one of the least problematic. 

There are only really two glaring question marks:

1) What do you do with Tracy Walker? He's 29 years old, he's dealt with injuries and he comes at a bit of a price tag ($12M). This is especially the case when it comes to his value vs production. If he's cut, we'd save $5.5M but have over $7M in dead cap. The Lions could restructure some of this to lessen the overall hit. He isn't making a ton of plays on the ball (1 PBU, 0 INTs) and has allowed 2 TDs compared to Joseph and Melifonwu both allowing 0. He's not terrible against the run (66.3) but is poor compared to his running mate, Kerby at 76.7. This is not an obvious overhaul decision but there is an argument that could be made. 

2) Do we bring back Ceedy Duce? CJGJ is 27 years old and only played in two games after signing a 1 year $6.5M deal with us in the off-season. He was considered one of Free Agency's biggest targets and it was a boon that we got him. He played well enough for us in those two games opposite of Kerby. In both of those games, Tracy Walker was not available to play. He had two PBU's, 0 INT's against the Chiefs. He brings a swagger and energy to the roster. The Lions had plans to play CJGJ even with Walker and Branch on the roster. If he can come back healthy, I think the Lions should bring [CJGJ] back and I think he'd want to come back due to unfinished business. This might not be quite the lock if the Lions fired AG or if he (somehow) wound up with an HC position as Ceedy could follow [AG] to his new spot. 

DRAFT

This is not going to be a high-priority position for the Lions in the draft. It is highly unlikely that we will invest a round 1 or round 2 pick in a safety. The Lions could add someone in the later rounds to develop behind CJGJ/Walker. Brandon Joseph, a UFA on the Practice Squad, is always an option should the need arise. 

I think we bring back CJGJ, hopefully a little more discounted and maybe for two years just to have a little more continuity. He was good when on the field even for a short time and his intensity they say is contagious.  I really think we could use him back at some point this year just to add to the practice rooms, not to mention his ability to organize things on the back end better.  If that happens, I am pretty positive we will try to retain him. 

Walker could be cut but he has been a team leader which this staff likes and with only saving 5.5M, it might be hard to replace him for that.  I could see a void year added to extend the cap hit out to save a similar amount next year and push down the road. 

I definitely think we need to add DBs in the draft, but not sure a depth S is a high priority if we keep both.  If we do end up cutting Walker or not re-signing CJGJ, we very likely will take one in the mid to late rounds.  I think Iffy gets more burn next year too anyways as he will be in a contract/future of his career year. 

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think we bring back CJGJ, hopefully a little more discounted and maybe for two years just to have a little more continuity. He was good when on the field even for a short time and his intensity they say is contagious.  I really think we could use him back at some point this year just to add to the practice rooms, not to mention his ability to organize things on the back end better.  If that happens, I am pretty positive we will try to retain him. 

Walker could be cut but he has been a team leader which this staff likes and with only saving 5.5M, it might be hard to replace him for that.  I could see a void year added to extend the cap hit out to save a similar amount next year and push down the road. 

I definitely think we need to add DBs in the draft, but not sure a depth S is a high priority if we keep both.  If we do end up cutting Walker or not re-signing CJGJ, we very likely will take one in the mid to late rounds.  I think Iffy gets more burn next year too anyways as he will be in a contract/future of his career year. 

This is where I am at with things. I am going to spend very little time overall on the safety group as I think other positions need quite a bit more (like the DL). My top 3 for least needed are the S, LB and RB (rounded out by QB). 

I could see us drafting someone no higher than round 4 (I don't think we have a pick there but we could wind up with one somehow) as an eventual replacement for Walker. 

If they bring back CJGJ on a 1 year $3.5M deal, then they technically signed him to a 2 year $12M deal but he'd only impact the cap by $5.5M (since we're already eating his $2M from the void year). It's less than what they signed him up for in the first place and 'hopefully' we get a good years's worth of play out of that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is where I am at with things. I am going to spend very little time overall on the safety group as I think other positions need quite a bit more (like the DL). My top 3 for least needed are the S, LB and RB (rounded out by QB). 

I could see us drafting someone no higher than round 4 (I don't think we have a pick there but we could wind up with one somehow) as an eventual replacement for Walker. 

If they bring back CJGJ on a 1 year $3.5M deal, then they technically signed him to a 2 year $12M deal but he'd only impact the cap by $5.5M (since we're already eating his $2M from the void year). It's less than what they signed him up for in the first place and 'hopefully' we get a good years's worth of play out of that. 

I think giving CJGJ a two year 10-12M deal going forward would be fine and a solid deal.  Its a little less per year than he signed this year but enough to get him to commit for two years.  Then it would add the 2M of dead money and we would be hit for about 6-7M per year for him which is fine IMO. Probably less as they would add another void year to push out some of the bonus.  

Not really Lions related because we were never going to take a safety this high... but I don't understand how Kam Kinchens is the #1 safety right now. Nearly an 81% completion rate, for over 440 yards and over half of that is YAC. He does have 5 INT's (nearly 14% rate, which is pretty good) but he has also given up nearly the same number of TD's (4) at the same rate (13.8%). 

@Sllim Pickens Here's the "I'm not going to spend much time on the safety group" worksheet and results. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZeFPl1G8T41WaWUatFQYr5ubRu3MxwZJC0HkhAXkP-Y/edit?usp=sharing

This is the list in order of % of snaps playing 'Deep' (either as FS, FSL or FSR). 

LOS = SCB + SS snaps

PLAYER SCHOOL HT WT OVR RDEF COV
1 Kamren Kinchens Miami 72 205 66.8 73.0 62.1
2 Javon Bullard Georgia 71 195 82.1 63.1 87.8
3 Tyler Nubin Minnesota 74 210 90.7 71.4 91.0
4 Cole Bishop Utah 74 207 71.1 66.7 70.6
5 Jalen Catalon Texas 70 202 61.0 61.2 60.4
6 Lathan Ransom Ohio State 73 210 74.0 72.1 75.3
7 Rod Moore Michigan 72 198 71.7 78.6 68.3
8 James Williams Miami 77 215 74.1 65.6 84.7
9 Aubrey Burks West Virgnia 71 204 77.4 63.7 79.9
10 Jaylon Carlies Missouri 75 219 68.1 58.8 67.3
11 Billy Bowman Jr Oklahoma 70 194 68.3 59.7 71.9
12 Shilo Sanders Colorado 72 195 73.5 69.2 76.3
13 Josh Proctor Ohio State 74 205 79.9 84.3 77.3
14 Jaylin Simpson Auburn 73 178 77.5 46.9 88.6
15 Demani Richardson Texas A&M 73 215 66.5 75.0 59.6

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

@Sllim Pickens Here's the "I'm not going to spend much time on the safety group" worksheet and results. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZeFPl1G8T41WaWUatFQYr5ubRu3MxwZJC0HkhAXkP-Y/edit?usp=sharing

This is the list in order of % of snaps playing 'Deep' (either as FS, FSL or FSR). 

LOS = SCB + SS snaps

PLAYER SCHOOL HT WT OVR RDEF COV
1 Kamren Kinchens Miami 72 205 66.8 73.0 62.1
2 Javon Bullard Georgia 71 195 82.1 63.1 87.8
3 Tyler Nubin Minnesota 74 210 90.7 71.4 91.0
4 Cole Bishop Utah 74 207 71.1 66.7 70.6
5 Jalen Catalon Texas 70 202 61.0 61.2 60.4
6 Lathan Ransom Ohio State 73 210 74.0 72.1 75.3
7 Rod Moore Michigan 72 198 71.7 78.6 68.3
8 James Williams Miami 77 215 74.1 65.6 84.7
9 Aubrey Burks West Virgnia 71 204 77.4 63.7 79.9
10 Jaylon Carlies Missouri 75 219 68.1 58.8 67.3
11 Billy Bowman Jr Oklahoma 70 194 68.3 59.7 71.9
12 Shilo Sanders Colorado 72 195 73.5 69.2 76.3
13 Josh Proctor Ohio State 74 205 79.9 84.3 77.3
14 Jaylin Simpson Auburn 73 178 77.5 46.9 88.6
15 Demani Richardson Texas A&M 73 215 66.5 75.0 59.6

So far, Josh Proctor is looking like "the guy" that fits the bill. 

Strong against the run, more than 50% of his snaps are playing deep; he has an 84.2 coverage grade in zone (7th best on the list); 0 TD's scored against him; 5 PBU's and 1 INT (play on the ball on just over 20% of targets). He has the 5th fewest yards against. 

This could be the product of playing on a good Buckeyes team. It could be that he's a good player who makes plays. Could be both. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I actually like this DT class quite a bit.  Guys rated as far down as round 7, similar to how I liked Karl Brooks last year. Leonard Taylor is about the only one I would take early if he is available.  Dorlus, Sweat and Murphy are guys I like in the 2nd and third. Shemar Turner, Howard Cross, Darius Robinson, Eboigbe, and Jordan Burch later in the draft.  And I am sure more will pop up as the draft process continues.   There are always later sleepers like Brodric Martin that move up boards.  Although I hope Martin takes a big step next year.  

I suppose it depends how you look at it.  There might be 1 or 2 DTs with a first round grade at this point (JerZhan Newton and maybe Leonard Taylor). A lot of the others seem to be the type of DTs who are initially rotational DTs but have starter potential who will be taken in the 2d round or later.

LINEBACKERS

This position is likely the least needed to be spent on. 

WLB - Anzalone, Reeves-Maybin

MLB - Barnes, Rodriguez, Nowaske

SLB - Campbell, Pittman

• Anzalone: 76.6 OVR; 67.7 RDEF; 77.3 COV; 70.1 PRSH
  • Barnes: 64.9 OVR; 70.1 RDEF; 56.8 COV; 63.9 PRSH; 70.3 ST
  • Campbell: 48.6 OVR; 68.7 RDEF; 40.6 COV; 49.3 PRSH; 71.3 ST

Anzalone has played well and is arguably the best player on the defense outside of Hutch. He is signed through to 2025 with a void year in 2026. 

Barnes beat out 1st round pick Jack Campbell for the starting gig opposite of Anzalone. He's struggled in coverage yet again. He has taken a step up but not to the level that this defense genuinely needs. 

Campbell has been somewhat of a disappointment so far. He was beat out by Barnes for the starting gig and he's struggled to do the things at the NFL that he thrived in at Iowa. He's going to be given a longer leash based on the fact that he was just selected with the 18th overall pick. 

Rounding things out:

Malcolm Rodriguez: Rodrigo is signed through to 2026. He's outplayed Jack Campbell and grades out as the best ST player on the roster. His spot on the roster is probably pretty safe given what he is asked to do and the fact that the Lions only really play 3 LBs

JRM: He's an ST/coverage LB guy. He's a FA next year but I suspect he'd probably be back. He's graded out well on ST and hasn't been bad in coverage

Pittman/Nowaske: It's possible that Pittman will not come back next year and will be replaced by Nowaske. If we are going to see some churning on the roster at the position, this is probably the move that will be made. 

If Campbell is still really struggling, we COULD see the Lions add a veteran in free agency to replace Barnes. 

A 2024 MOCK-OFFSEASON (AS OF WEEK 13)

2024 Cap Room: $73,691,231

2023 Cap Carryover: $2,892,067

2024 Cap Room: $76,583,298

RESTRUCTURE

Taylor Decker restructures (converts base to bonus) = +$6,245,000 = $12.8M Cap Hit

2024 Cap Room: $82,828,298

EXTENDED

Jared Goff signs a 3-year x $150M extension through to 2027 (with 2028 void year)

This is a deal that is similar to the Daniel Jones contract signed with the Giants. It'll be considered a 'team-friendly' deal given that other quarterbacks have signed for $50M+ while this would average out to be around $38.75M over the 4 years (original contract year of 2024 plus the 3 year extension). 

= -$6,774,936 or $38,750,000 Cap Hit

2024 Cap Room: $76,053, 362

CUT

Levi Onwuzurike ($1.77M savings; $821k Dead Cap): Levi has struggled with injuries for years and has never been the player Holmes thought he was drafting in the 2nd round. 

2024 Cap Room: $77,823,362

LET WALK

• Matt Nelson
  • Dan Skipper
  • Shane Zylstra
  • Nate Sudfeld
  • Jason Cabinda
  • Will Harris
  • Anthony Pittman
  • Hal Vaitai [Void]
  • Julian Okwara
  • Romeo Okwara [Void]
  • Charles Harris [Void]
  • Jake McQuaide
  • Chase Lucas [ERFA]

RE-SIGNINGS

Jonah Jackson - 4 years x $12M APY: There are rumblings of a potential Frank Ragnow retirement and Taylor Decker is aging. The Lions bring back a relatively proven player in Jackson. Offensive line chemistry is very important. It's not my ideal scenario but I have a hard time seeing the Lions swapping out 3/5 starters (Jackson, Ragow, Vaitai) and possibly even losing Decker (or getting a less than 100% Decker). We have seen the Lions' offense struggle when Jackson is out. 

Emmanuel Moseley - 2 year x $6M: Moseley was brought in this past offseason to play opposite of Cam Sutton but he has been injured. The Lions sign him to a similar deal but extend it over 2 years for cap flexibility. He's back to compete with Jerry Jacobs and any other additions to the defensive backfield. 

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - 3 Year x $14M: Ceedy Duce is brought back to be the playmaker and vocal leader that he was signed to be. This deal spreads his cap hit out a bit more and it does give us consistency in the defensive backfield. Tracy Walker is 29 and has battled his own injury problems over the past few years. 

Josh Reynolds - 2 years x $2.5M APY: The Goff to Reynolds connection has been a very reliable one ever since he joined us from the Rams. Reynolds comes back on a fairly friendly deal

Donovan Peoples-Jones - 3 years x $3.5M APY: We haven't seen anything from DPJ at this point. 

Craig Reynolds - 1 year x $1.5M APY: The Lions like Reynolds and he's been relatively decent in relief when called upon. The Lions are going to rely on the duo of Montgomery and Gibbs but Reynolds will have his place

Teddy Bridgewater - 1 year x $3M: We've seen the impact that losing a QB can have on a team's season. Even with the potential development of Hooker, Bridgewater should still be brought back as insurance. 

Jerry Jacobs (RFA) - ROR $2.9M: Jacobs has been a starter opposite of Sutton and I believe the Lions like him quite a bit. However, he has not answered the question of whether he can be 'the guy' or not. Spotrac has him with an $11M valuation while OTC has $3.3M. Jacobs hasn't earned a long-term commitment at this stage and I'm ok if another team wants to overpay him. Either way, depth is important at this position. We should expect to see some competition added both in free agency and in the draft. 

Benito Jones (RFA) - ROR $2.9M: The Lions seem to have something against Isaiah Buggs. Jones has been given playing time as a starter alongside McNeill. We won't see a wholesale change but we'll see some pieces get moved around/cut (Levi is on the chopping block). 

Khalil Dorsey [RFA] - 2 year x $2.5M: A young, developmental CB. Grades out well in zone and on ST

Brock Wright [RFA] - 2 year x $5M: Capable back-up TE

Scott Daly - 1 year x $975k: Long-snapper

Jalen Reeves-Maybin - 1 year x $1.95M: High quality special teamer and back up coverage LB

Kayode Awosika [ERFA]- 1 year x $915k: He's played well enough that he deserves to be brought back as a depth piece/spot starter

Riley Patterson [ERFA] - 1 year x $915k: Patterson is brought back but the Lions will add competition

Zonovan Knight [ERFA] - 1 year x $915k: PS RB

Total Re-Signings = $45,460,000

2024 Cap Room = $32,363,362

FREE AGENCY

AJ Epenesa, Edge: 4 year x $5M APY: Epenesa is signed to play the Charles Harris role and add a pass rush threat opposite of Aidan Hutchinson. He's a good veteran player

Sean Murphy-Bunting, CB: 3 year x $6.5M: Bunting is a versatile veteran CB that can play in the slot or outside. The Lions are adding depth and veteran experience to a secondary that has been challenged in 2023.

Armon Watts, 3T: 1 year x $1.75M: A veteran 3T that can add some interior pressures in an inexpensive fashion. 

Evan Brown, OG: 2 years x $2.75M: The former Lion comes home like his soon-to-be teammate, Graham Glasgow. Brown's versatility is a plus as he can play all three interior OL spots. 

Total Free Agency = $16,000,000

2024 Cap Room = $16,363,362

Re-signing

Free Agent

Time Missed in 2023

DEPTH CHART (PRE-DRAFT)

OFFENSE

QB: Goff, Hooker, Bridgewater

RB: Montgomery, Gibbs, Reynolds

LT: Decker, [OPEN]

LG: Jackson, Awosika

OC: Ragnow

RG: Glasgow, Brown

RT: Sewell, Sorsdal

LWR: Reynolds, Green

SWR: St. Brown, Raymond

RWR: Williams, Peoples-Jones

TE: LaPorta, Wright, Mitchell

DEFENSE

Rush: Hutchinson, [OPEN], [OPEN]

DT: McNeill, Watts

NT: Jones, Martin, [OPEN]

DE: Cominsky, Paschal, Epenesa

WLB: Anzalone, Campbell, Reeves-Maybin

MLB: Barnes, Rodriguez, Nowaske

LCB: Sutton, [OPEN]

SCB: Branch, Murphy-Bunting

RCB: Moseley, Jacobs, Dorsey

FS: Walker, Gardner-Johnson

SS: Joseph, Melifonwu

Holmes has the Lions well-positioned pre-draft. We have addressed some key issues and will not be forced to pick based on need but BPA.

Offensive Line: Our interior OL has been exposed as of late and we've now added help at all three spots. Glasgow and Brown can play LG, RG, and OC. If Ragnow goes down for a period of time, we have options that can step in and fill the role at a starting level without taking away a key starters spot

Pass-Rush: We've added a running mate in Epenesa and some interior help in Watts

Coverage: By bringing back Moseley and Ceedy Duce, we're essentially adding two brand-new pieces to this defense despite having limited snaps for us in 2023. Adding a versatile piece like Murphy-Bunting gives us flexibility in the event of injury and/or poor play

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

DRAFT

Trade #28 to Houston for #48, #89, 2025 R2

#48 Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina: A 6'3, 227 lb freak athlete is a combo between DK Metcalf and Deebo Samuel. WR is not our biggest need but offense does rule the league and Legette is BPA available here. He's going to round out the WR corp with St. Brown and Jamo. 

#58 Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas: Jackson is our Cominsky replacement. He has great arm length and size (nearly 290 lbs). Solid against the run and in creating pressures

#84 T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas: A monster of a man who is listed anywhere between 340 - 362 lbs. Sweat is going to command double teams playing next to McNeill. He's going to eliminate space up the middle and forcing plays to the edges

#89 Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale: Taylor Decker is only signed through to the end of 2024 (2025 is a void year). The Lions need to add someone at OT as his eventual replacement. He has all of the tools to be successful but can use some time to develop.

#95 TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State: Tampa has really good size at 6'1, 198 lbs and grades out well in man and zone. He's not terrible against the run (65.8). We are in a spot where he can get some snaps in but the Lions aren't relying on him to be an immediate contributor. 

#155 Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas: Frank Ragnow has been great but he's likely not going to be the Lions OC long-term after dealing with a number of health problems. Limmer grades out really well in gap and in both the run/pass. 

#186 Ashton Gillotte, Edge, Louisville: Gillotte has great size (270 lbs) and a really strong pressure rate. He was on Bruce Feldman's freak's list so he has the physical tools. His scouting report was both praising his hand use and also commenting on how it could be improved. 

DEPTH CHART (POST-DRAFT)

OFFENSE

QB: Goff, Hooker, Bridgewater

RB: Montgomery, Gibbs, Reynolds

LT: Decker, Amegadjie

LG: Jackson, Awosika

OC: Ragnow, Limmer

RG: Glasgow, Brown

LWR: Reynolds, Legette, Green

RWR: Williams, Peoples-Jones

TE: LaPorta, Wright, Mitchell

DEFENSE

Rush: Hutchinson, Gillotte, [OPEN]

DT: McNeill, Watts

NT: Jones, Sweat, Martin,

DE: Cominsky, Jackson, Paschal, Epenesa

WLB: Anzalone, Campbell, Reeves-Maybin

LCB: Sutton, Tampa

SCB: Branch, Murphy-Bunting

RCB: Moseley, Jacobs, Dorsey

FS: Walker, Gardner-Johnson

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

DRAFT

Trade #28 to Houston for #48, #89, 2025 R2

#48 Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina: A 6'3, 227 lb freak athlete is a combo between DK Metcalf and Deebo Samuel. WR is not our biggest need but offense does rule the league and Legette is BPA available here. He's going to round out the WR corp with St. Brown and Jamo. 

#58 Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas: Jackson is our Cominsky replacement. He has great arm length and size (nearly 290 lbs). Solid against the run and in creating pressures

#84 T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas: A monster of a man who is listed anywhere between 340 - 362 lbs. Sweat is going to command double teams playing next to McNeill. He's going to eliminate space up the middle and forcing plays to the edges

#89 Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale: Taylor Decker is only signed through to the end of 2024 (2025 is a void year). The Lions need to add someone at OT as his eventual replacement. He has all of the tools to be successful but can use some time to develop.

#95 TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State: Tampa has really good size at 6'1, 198 lbs and grades out well in man and zone. He's not terrible against the run (65.8). We are in a spot where he can get some snaps in but the Lions aren't relying on him to be an immediate contributor. 

#155 Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas: Frank Ragnow has been great but he's likely not going to be the Lions OC long-term after dealing with a number of health problems. Limmer grades out really well in gap and in both the run/pass. 

#186 Ashton Gillotte, Edge, Louisville: Gillotte has great size (270 lbs) and a really strong pressure rate. He was on Bruce Feldman's freak's list so he has the physical tools. His scouting report was both praising his hand use and also commenting on how it could be improved. 

DEPTH CHART (POST-DRAFT)

OFFENSE

QB: Goff, Hooker, Bridgewater

RB: Montgomery, Gibbs, Reynolds

LT: Decker, Amegadjie

LG: Jackson, Awosika

OC: Ragnow, Limmer

RG: Glasgow, Brown

LWR: Reynolds, Legette, Green

RWR: Williams, Peoples-Jones

TE: LaPorta, Wright, Mitchell

DEFENSE

Rush: Hutchinson, Gillotte, [OPEN]

DT: McNeill, Watts

NT: Jones, Sweat, Martin,

DE: Cominsky, Jackson, Paschal, Epenesa

WLB: Anzalone, Campbell, Reeves-Maybin

LCB: Sutton, Tampa

SCB: Branch, Murphy-Bunting

RCB: Moseley, Jacobs, Dorsey

FS: Walker, Gardner-Johnson

Personally, I think we need to add the best CB prospect we can find early in the draft.  There are some good ones in late Round and Early Rd 2.  Everything else makes sense though.  We need developmental O-lineman for sure.

44 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Personally, I think we need to add the best CB prospect we can find early in the draft.  There are some good ones in late Round and Early Rd 2.  Everything else makes sense though.  We need developmental O-lineman for sure.

CB felt like it wasn't quite the same level of need when you bring back Moseley and Jacobs while also adding Murphy-Bunting. Then you throw in CJGJ coming back. There were enough starters and depth that should be able to take advantage of an increased pass-rush. With that being said, I really like Quinton Mitchell and hope he's a Lion in April. 

Leggette felt like more of a splash/immediate impact guy. The offense is more rounded and that much deadlier - 

St Brown, Jameson, Leggette, Reynolds, LaPorta and Gibbs are all legit targets. Then you have Raymond and DPJ with Montgomery pounding the rock. Having someone banged up for a couple weeks doesn't hurt quite as much. 

Edited by Karnage84