Week 10 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I get it. I'm hoping that KO is starting to build that legacy here. He feels like a different kind of coach.

we're in more of a rebuild than just the roster.

the training facilities... the stadium... the cultural attitude... a young coach and GM... we're trying to set ourselves up for an extended period of time.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 11:35 AM, swede700 said:

Should I start CJ Stroud (vs. Cincy) or Dak Prescott (vs. NYG) for my Guillotine League team? 

I didn't start Stroud last weekend...it didn't hurt me all that much since I still got 28 pts out of Dak (who I picked up in FA), but I'm wary of starting Stroud  even though every site tells me I should. 

I'm rolling right now after almost getting chopped twice earlier this season (while Saquon was injured, I barely survived), but in one waiver period managed to get Jonathan Taylor, Deebo, Kupp and Thielen.  While Deebo hasn't done anything for me yet, I hope he does soon.

Ultimately, I started Dak...and it worked out, although Stroud certainly had another good game.  Either way, I'm set now for the stretch run with either one of them.  Next week, I'm still trying to figure out what to do at RB...I only have 3 RBs and 2 of them will be on bye.  But, the guy likely to get chopped after tonight has Aaron Jones, Gibbs and Montgomery, so hopefully I'll get one of them.    

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

You need a transcending QB. The Chiefs  arguably have a dynasty, do they not? 2 Super Bowl wins since Mahomes took over and always in it until the end. 

The definition of "dynasty" has certainly changed. Ultimately, yes, I believe you could define the Chiefs as a dynasty since they have been in the AFC Championship Game every year that Mahomes been the starter at the beginning of the season (the only year they didn't was his rookie year when he was on the bench) and have been in the SB in 3 out of those 5 years.

The Vikings probably do need to get that elite young QB to have the potential to have a dynasty.  For all the talk that Dobbs has that potential, we can't lose sight of the fact that he's 8 months older than Mahomes.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, perrynoid said:

At what point do we start cheering for the Packers to win so they don't get too good a 1st round pick?

Chargers, @ Lions, Chiefs, @ Giants, Bucs, @ Panthers, @ Vikings, Bears.

They're probably favored in the bolded games, which would put them at 6 wins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Chargers, @ Lions, Chiefs, @ Giants, Bucs, @ Panthers, @ Vikings, Bears.

They're probably favored in the bolded games, which would put them at 6 wins.

Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waiting on the Double E
But the train don't run by here no more

Poor, poor, pitiful me
Poor, poor, pitiful me
Poor, poor, pitiful me
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Whoa, woe is me

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I would never root for the Packers to win.  They can have the first overall pick.  In fact, I root for that outcome every year.  As long as they keep losing, it isn't a concern of mine how many times they get the first overall pick.

Well if the stumble into another franchise QB by getting the first pick that’s a long term problem. I’d be happy to see them get 6-7 wins, they need to beat Detroit for us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

The definition of "dynasty" has certainly changed. Ultimately, yes, I believe you could define the Chiefs as a dynasty since they have been in the AFC Championship Game every year that Mahomes been the starter at the beginning of the season (the only year they didn't was his rookie year when he was on the bench) and have been in the SB in 3 out of those 5 years.

The Vikings probably do need to get that elite young QB to have the potential to have a dynasty.  For all the talk that Dobbs has that potential, we can't lose sight of the fact that he's 8 months older than Mahomes.  

I don’t care about a dynasty. I’d take some fluke seasons like the Eli Manning Giants teams if it means a Super Bowl win.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t care about a dynasty. I’d take some fluke seasons like the Eli Manning Giants teams if it means a Super Bowl win.

hell yes.

i think what our crew is striving for now is to ascend to the level that they can compete with anyone every year, and once in awhile the football stars align perfectly and they play clean to the end and win it.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I personally don't either, because you have to win 1 to even have a chance to have a dynasty.  One step at a time.  After they get one, then we'll reassess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Well if the stumble into another franchise QB by getting the first pick that’s a long term problem. I’d be happy to see them get 6-7 wins, they need to beat Detroit for us. 

I am fine with them getting another franchise QB as long as they keep getting slotted for the first overall pick every year.

• Like 2