Week 10 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

When awful teams play each other, they tend to look extremely exciting like the 09 Browns vs Lions.

Will this Panthers vs Bears game be the same?

Depends on if Fields is thrust into starting or not. I think with the thumb issue on his throwing hand it would be a disaster this week throwing the ball (especially with the good Panther pass D). The Bears run offense is subpar but they could get it going some since the Panther run D is terrible. If Fields plays and they struggle to throw he could probably put up 100 yards rushing on his own. Would be the only interesting thing to see in this game one would think. But I would  really love to see Thielen go off for over 100 yards and 1+ TDs, he's having a great year.

• Like 1

Should I start CJ Stroud (vs. Cincy) or Dak Prescott (vs. NYG) for my Guillotine League team? 

I didn't start Stroud last weekend...it didn't hurt me all that much since I still got 28 pts out of Dak (who I picked up in FA), but I'm wary of starting Stroud  even though every site tells me I should. 

I'm rolling right now after almost getting chopped twice earlier this season (while Saquon was injured, I barely survived), but in one waiver period managed to get Jonathan Taylor, Deebo, Kupp and Thielen.  While Deebo hasn't done anything for me yet, I hope he does soon.

Last year, the Carolina traded a king's ransom to Chicago in exchange for the No. 1 overall pick. In return, the Bears received wide receiver DJ Moore, as well as the Panthers' first-round picks in 2023 and 2024. With the Panthers still struggling this year, next year's first-round pick is currently looking extremely valuable to Chicago.

The Bears will actually have a better chance of earning the 2024 No. 1 pick if they beat the Panthers on Thursday, which would normally seem backwards. With a loss, Carolina would move to 1–8, putting the Bears in a more likely spot to receive the top pick, via their trade. Essentially, Bears fans are rooting for the Panthers to hold the lowest NFL record this season.

Specifically, the Bears will have a 43% chance to have the No. 1 pick next year if they win, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported. This would be the highest chance in the league. 

But, if the Bears lose to the Panthers, Chicago’s chances would decrease to 28%. This would put them, or rather the Panthers, behind the Cardinals (1–8) and Giants (2–7) for the No. 1 pick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/09/bears-no-1-pick-panthers-odds-improve-beat-tnf?fbclid=IwAR1MMOmIT9xHh6xbNGCeGFQtTltAWfAMGKrCNSW--C_K21lm4_ZYHHd7duU

I would love to hear the thought process or evaluation process from Carolina as to how they picked Young over Stroud. Especially when there’s video of Reich and his staff basically telling Stroud they look forward to having him in Charlotte.

Because, right now, it looks like a massive miss.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ISM with a punt return TD...

Hindsight is 20/20, but does anyone think we should have kept ISM over trading for Reagor?

I think about this in a few ways: We may have not beat the Bears last year without ISM fumbling, and we may have not brought in Brandon Powell either, but then we would have kept our 5th and 7th round pick (not that there was any guarantee that these picks would pan out).

Does anybody care? Omnipotent Narrator?!?