Cowboys sign WR Martavis Bryant (Last played in 2018)

RaidersAreOne

On 11/7/2023 at 9:05 PM, Rtnldave said:

It's not that we expect this guy to come in and light it up, we get he's a PS guy right now.

But if you are going to reach that far back to bring help to this team, then why in the hell didn't you address:

1. O Line

2. RB

3. LB

before the trade deadline?????

Signing Martavis Bryant has nothing to do with any moves or non-moves before the trade deadline.

It’s weird to me that this needs to be explained.

Fwiw the guy hasn’t been completely out of football. He was this 🤏 close to making it on the storied Edmonton Elks in 2022. But he was cut before camp. 

“Last summer he was a member of the XFL's Vegas Vipers where in 8 games he recorded 14 catches for 154 yards and averaged 11 yards per reception. 
He also played in the Canadian Football League for the Toronto Argonauts in 2021 and was signed by the Edmonton Elks in 2022 but released prior to training camp.”

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Signing Martavis Bryant has nothing to do with any moves or non-moves before the trade deadline.

It’s weird to me that this needs to be explained.

So then this is another "Jerry-basment bargin" shopping investment?

It's no secret that JJ likes to take chances on players that sustained serious injury, had checkered pasts, substance abuse issues, etc that otherwise some of them would have been 1st round picks.

This approach really hasn't worked out for us yet.

Greg Hardy

Randy Gregory

Jaylon Smith

Trey Lance (TBD)

To name a few.

I'm just not sure what in the hell he is trying to accomplish with this signing.

We need a power RB, Help at OL and LB.

What does this do for us except take up a roster spot???

9 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

So then this is another "Jerry-basment bargin" shopping investment?

It's no secret that JJ likes to take chances on players that sustained serious injury, had checkered pasts, substance abuse issues, etc that otherwise some of them would have been 1st round picks.

This approach really hasn't worked out for us yet.

Greg Hardy

Randy Gregory

Jaylon Smith

Trey Lance (TBD)

To name a few.

I'm just not sure what in the hell he is trying to accomplish with this signing.

We need a power RB, Help at OL and LB.

What does this do for us except take up a roster spot???

These things are not mutually exclusive, dude.

Martavis Bryant is not a reason the Cowboys didn’t add RB, OL, or LB help. And it’s a practice squad addition, not even a roster spot.

Unless you can show me where you brought the same energy when we signed TE Eric Saubert to the practice squad last week, I really have no patience for the faux outrage.

29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

These things are not mutually exclusive, dude.

Martavis Bryant is not a reason the Cowboys didn’t add RB, OL, or LB help. And it’s a practice squad addition, not even a roster spot.

Unless you can show me where you brought the same energy when we signed TE Eric Saubert to the practice squad last week, I really have no patience for the faux outrage.

Relax, no outrage here. Just SMFH

Thats all.

• Like 1