Cowboys sign WR Martavis Bryant (Last played in 2018)

RaidersAreOne

Cowboys are signing WR Martavis Bryant to their practice squad, a person familiar with move said. He worked out for team this afternoon and met with coaching staff afterward. All went smoothly. He is set to practice this week in the NFL for first time since 2018.

https://x.com/gehlkennfl/status/1722019214486094264?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

Why? Is this a show of confidence team has in MG, BC, and JT moving forward that a guy 5 yrs removed is going to do anything? 

It’s an off the wall signing, but it’s also just to PS. So I guess no harm in kicking the tires a little. 

Edited by WizardHawk

24 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Why? Is this a show of confidence team has in MG, BC, and JT moving forward that a guy 5 yrs removed is going to do anything? 

It’s an off the wall signing, but it’s also just to PS. So I guess no harm in kicking the tires a little. 

That makes 3 WR’s now on the P-Squad. Whey not look at Olinman or Linebackers where we are really thin! 

30 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, this forum is so melodramatic.

I’ll be curious to see what kind of shape he’s in. Dude was on the verge of something special once upon a time, and has a dynamic to his game that the current group doesn’t.

It's not that we expect this guy to come in and light it up, we get he's a PS guy right now.

But if you are going to reach that far back to bring help to this team, then why in the hell didn't you address:

1. O Line

2. RB

3. LB

before the trade deadline?????

21 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's not that we expect this guy to come in and light it up, we get he's a PS guy right now.

But if you are going to reach that far back to bring help to this team, then why in the hell didn't you address:

1. O Line

2. RB

3. LB

before the trade deadline?????

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-trade-deadline-dallas-tried-move-new-linebacker-denver-broncos-jerry-jones#:~:text=The Cowboys didn't make,is thin at the position.

looks like they were trying , maybe other team wanted too much 🤷‍♂️. I was hoping for a RB , I read an article that Tenn wasn’t interested in trading D Henry, I suggested C Patterson, think he could have helped and you wouldn’t have to give too much for him 🤔 

5 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-trade-deadline-dallas-tried-move-new-linebacker-denver-broncos-jerry-jones#:~:text=The Cowboys didn't make,is thin at the position.

looks like they were trying , maybe other team wanted too much 🤷‍♂️. I was hoping for a RB , I read an article that Tenn wasn’t interested in trading D Henry, I suggested C Patterson, think he could have helped and you wouldn’t have to give too much for him 🤔 

Well, we better like our guys, because it's all we got!