2024 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects: Draft who we want or the world will end.

DreamKid

On 3/2/2024 at 6:21 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I think the first tier of WRs in this class are Marvin Harrison Jr and Malik Nabers (picks 1-10); Second tier was Rome Odunze and Brian Thomas Jr. (picks 10-25); and finally Third Tier was all the fringe 1st round guys- AD Mitchell, Xavier Legette, Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Keon Coleman, Devontez Walker, etc

Interesting that Monken has experience with two of the WRs who will go in that Late 1st-Early 2nd range. 

3 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

if the ravens want a guy that can stretch defenses then get legette in the 2nd, guy clocked in the fastest mph time in cfb and nfl, worthy just quick 

We have 3 starting OL spots to fill. Spending that draft capital on WR's is borderline malpractice. That's how you end up having your QB retire at 28 in their prime like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

• Like 1

I get the feeling this could be a rare 'Trade Up' year for the Ravens. Especially if a Tackle is the main target, someone they have as OT3 or OT4 dropping down into that late teens early 20s territory. A small bump to secure a better talent might be worth it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's how you end up having your QB retire at 28 in their prime like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

I miss your hate filled rants about Andrew Luck AFS, you and that man had a special connection.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We have 3 starting OL spots to fill. Spending that draft capital on WR's is borderline malpractice. That's how you end up having your QB retire at 28 in their prime like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

I agree, I was just saying wr in the 2nd, don't want to focus on skill positions only good player on line is tyler, the rest are either regressing or question marks, I feel like if lamar has time him and the wrs will do good anyways.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:57 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I disagree. We need OL, but the calculus hasn’t much changed IMO.

Patrick Mekari is still probably the best backup OL in the NFL due to his extreme versatility, we still have him. Worst case scenario, Mekari can be an above average RT starter in the league.. and an improved pass protector over what Moses brought to the table.

Then the guard spots aren’t really that bad off considering we got to see Ben Cleveland in starting action with little to no discernible difference from Zeitler’s play. Saala was in strong competition with Simpson in training camp and we have Vorhees added to the fold plus we have another slot to add talent and depth within the middle rounds of the draft.

Heck whatever player we draft could be someone with potential to be an elite guard as a rookie and plug into LT next season. In such a scenario where we grab a LT of the future option, Mekari would get an opportunity to compete for the RT position.

Lastly we’ve got Ronnie Stanley, who after restructuring his contract is now on the final year of his deal (2025 Converted over to a void year) and with game day start incentives and other incentives for 2024…

As it stands, I would quite easily trust what we could put together with our OL as it currently is, more than I trust going into the season relying on Rashod Bateman to be an impact option.

So while the obvious answer is to draft OL in round 1 and draft WR in round 2 and probably CB in round 3… I think we have enough in the cupboard where if the BPA at pick #30 was a WR talent, the team could still feel comfortable enough with drafting best player over need. JMO.

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So while the obvious answer is to draft OL in round 1 and draft WR in round 2 and probably CB in round 3… I think we have enough in the cupboard where if the BPA at pick #30 was a WR talent, the team could still feel comfortable enough with drafting best player over need. JMO.

I actually feel good(or at least better) about the potential Round 2 WR options for the first time in years. This class has some interesting options.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:54 AM, diamondbull424 said:

I disagree. We need OL, but the calculus hasn’t much changed IMO.

Patrick Mekari is still probably the best backup OL in the NFL due to his extreme versatility, we still have him. Worst case scenario, Mekari can be an above average RT starter in the league.. and an improved pass protector over what Moses brought to the table.

These two statements don't jive at all. You can't be the best backup OL in the NFL and then "worst case scenario" also be an above starting average RT.