Week 11 GDT: Bears vs. Lions

CBears019

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Honestly get this prick out of this franchise...he still can't take any real accountability even when a journalist serves him up the easiest opportunity to take some responsibility for a historical loss.

He was essentially asked who's to blame for such a let down and he- pretty much- said "look at how the Carolina game ended or how the half ended vs New Orleans. We played great defense and those were the right calls. What coordinator called those? That was me."

f*** you, Matt

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I was making a joke.  Normally those "I'm going to correct your post" posts are suggesting the original poster was wrong,  for you two it was more "I agree, but here's the OTHER part that sucks" regarding the totality of the staff.  Starting to see why people use the /s but I certainly don't disagree with you!

The joke was funny.  This is even more funny.  

7 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

One very concerning thought that just occurred to me:

If Ryan Poles is making a decision on both Fields and Flus,  it is totally possible that he could see yesterday as a game where Flus had the team in position to win, and in a key moment Fields missed a throw that let the game get away.  I don't think this is accurate, but sometimes you see what you want to see and if he's still liking Flus, or more likely sees his future more tied with Flus than Fields, you could talk yourself into that assessment of the game. 

Don't know why I'm exploring all the negative scenarios here, but the weird undercurrents from the media suggesting Flus might be locked in for some insane reason, and the converstations around here saying Flus should stay have me a big paranoid about worst case outcomes.  If they keep Flus it's likely only for another year, and they'd essentially just be kicking the next restart down the road, again.  Barf. 

I think the big  'vote of confidence' for Flus from Poles was just generic GMspeak. 

no WAY flus is here after the season 

I mean Poles low key knows that letting Flus finish out the season only improves draft position, so I'd probably throw  Flus a bone too if I were Poles

Now if Poles really believes that Flus is the guy to coach this team, then its Warren who is low key keeping both around to boost draft position and BOTH are gone after week 18

I believe its the former. Anybody watching can see that the EXECUTION and playcalling for this football team is horrendous. Horrendous execution leads to losses and the responsibility falls on HC ! 

6 more losses with JF playing relatively well means #1 & #2 overall in '24 Draft,  PLUS an additional premium pick (or 2) from JF trade. 

My best case scenario is drafting CW and MHjr  after small trade back from #2 (or CW and BB after larger trade back from #2) let JF build stock w new coaching and new weapons, then move JF at deadline or after the season for premium pick(s), CW gets to sit and watch and not thrown into 🔥  

Fluss will NEVER be apart of this, he is only needed for 6 more Ls 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

He was essentially asked who's to blame for such a let down and he- pretty much- said "look at how the Carolina game ended or how the half ended vs New Orleans. We played great defense and those were the right calls. What coordinator called those? That was me."

f*** you, Matt

Soooo.... He's also very very bad at communicating with people outside the building.  And he's not quite John Fox level silly-****, but honestly that's unfortunate as the Foxisms were the best part of that era.  

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

I think the big  'vote of confidence' for Flus from Poles was just generic GMspeak. 

no WAY flus is here after the season 

I mean Poles low key knows that letting Flus finish out the season only improves draft position, so I'd probably throw  Flus a bone too if I were Poles

Now if Poles really believes that Flus is the guy to coach this team, then its Warren who is low key keeping both around to boost draft position and BOTH are gone after week 18

I believe its the former. Anybody watching can see that the EXECUTION and playcalling for this football team is horrendous. Horrendous execution leads to losses and the responsibility falls on HC ! 

6 more losses with JF playing relatively well means #1 & #2 overall in '24 Draft,  PLUS an additional premium pick (or 2) from JF trade. 

My best case scenario is drafting CW and MHjr  after small trade back from #2 (or CW and BB after larger trade back from #2) let JF build stock w new coaching and new weapons, then move JF at deadline or after the season for premium pick(s), CW gets to sit and watch and not thrown into 🔥  

Fluss will NEVER be apart of this, he is only needed for 6 more Ls 

So normally I'd agree with you based on record, eye test in games and strange off field  **** (face tattoo!), however something weird happened about 3 weeks ago in the media.  Specifically pretty much everyone was speaking about Flus as if he was a dead man walking, but a bunch of the reporters with juice at Halas suddenly toned that WAY down, and Adam Jahns (who I really like) specifically started talking as though Flus is back next year barring a complete collapse* and really seem to be laying the groundwork to stay in touch with Flus and prep people for the coming Flustayspocalypse.  It's extremely concerning. 

*not just the standard Flus complete collapse of losing a game shockingly badly, but losing the locker room Trestman style. 

And just to be clear,  I LOVE JF ! The only reason I continuously post about trading him is bc CW is far superior, JFs career has less than 9/10 years remaining  AND I am still holding out hope for a Russell Wilson level return for JF once CW is in the house and JF is looking better with proper coaching 

22 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So normally I'd agree with you based on record, eye test in games and strange off field  **** (face tattoo!), however something weird happened about 3 weeks ago in the media.  Specifically pretty much everyone was speaking about Flus as if he was a dead man walking, but a bunch of the reporters with juice at Halas suddenly toned that WAY down, and Adam Jahns (who I really like) specifically started talking as though Flus is back next year barring a complete collapse* and really seem to be laying the groundwork to stay in touch with Flus and prep people for the coming Flustayspocalypse.  It's extremely concerning. 

*not just the standard Flus complete collapse of losing a game shockingly badly, but losing the locker room Trestman style. 

I would just say trust your eyes  !

political grapevines have all sorts of agendas 😉  

I like Jahn too and Hoge, both sharp guys  but no way Flus survives. Its more likely this perceived vote of confidence is a PEAce keeping mission that keeps the Ls piling up while having a perfect scapegoat in Flus following the season, and not axing him now. He really is a lovely man  ! but has no business being an NFL HC

No WAY Warren is watching this ****show and not already making plans

Edited by SLCbear

50 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

And just to be clear,  I LOVE JF ! The only reason I continuously post about trading him is bc CW is far superior, JFs career has less than 9/10 years remaining  AND I am still holding out hope for a Russell Wilson level return for JF once CW is in the house and JF is looking better with proper coaching 

A Russell Wilson level return for Fields 🤣

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Wait. What?

• Like 1

In the first minute he talks about accountability, learning how to finish better, and how it's part of the learning process.

Bro, you have been in some semblance of coaching for over 30 years. If you can't do it by now you never will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

In the first minute he talks about accountability, learning how to finish better, and how it's part of the learning process.

Bro, you have been in some semblance of coaching for over 30 years. If you can't do it by now you never will.

Someone wrote an article for SI about how he HAS to get fired and I was stoked but then ended the piece with "he'll find a job easily as a cutting edge defensive mind" or something and I lost all faith in mankind

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Someone wrote an article for SI about how he HAS to get fired and I was stoked but then ended the piece with "he'll find a job easily as a cutting edge defensive mind" or something and I lost all faith in mankind

Honestly I'm just impressed you played this long before the Bears broke you. If it wasn't for the power to edit trolls' posts or merge threads idk if I'd even be here right now.