Week 11 GDT: Bears vs. Lions

CBears019

Here's my tell on how the offseason and next couple years will go:

If Kevin Warren is there, and he spends a lot of time watching the Lions sideline when they're on offense, it's a sign they're making or at least considering changes.  If he's not there, it 100% means they're keeping Eberflus OR he has a meeting to consider textured metal finishes for the new stadium suite elevators. 

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

If Kevin Warren is there, and he spends a lot of time watching the Lions sideline when they're on offense, it's a sign they're making or at least considering changes.  If he's not there, it 100% means they're keeping Eberflus OR he has a meeting to consider textured metal finishes for the new stadium suite elevators. 

I don’t think he needs to be there per se to evaluate what’s happening and working on Detroit. FWIW. as much as I like Ben Johnson for us (maybe my first choice if we make a HC change), I believe most of their renaissance is about talent. On offense they are loaded on the line. Have a true #1 WR. Have a good stable of RBs and complementary receivers. Goff is a really good QB and has been his whole career when surrounded by a lot of talent. On defense they have a superstar DE and above average players everywhere else. They have solid LBs and an upgraded secondary.

Dan Campbell is getting a ton of praise this year, but does the rah rah, knee biting stuff work if he’s got a roster with our level of talent, or our 2022 level of talent? I have serious doubts. If Johnson is indeed our guy I think we’re pretty close on offense if we get him the right trigger man, either by development or by draft. We have a stud #1 WR. Our OL looks to be a C away from being pretty good and still improving. Our RBs are solid and our complementary receivers are good enough in the right coordinator’s hands and will almost certainly be bolstered this offseason by a top prospect. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think he needs to be there per se to evaluate what’s happening and working on Detroit. FWIW. as much as I like Ben Johnson for us (maybe my first choice if we make a HC change), I believe most of their renaissance is about talent. On offense they are loaded on the line. Have a true #1 WR. Have a good stable of RBs and complementary receivers. Goff is a really good QB and has been his whole career when surrounded by a lot of talent. On defense they have a superstar DE and above average players everywhere else. They have solid LBs and an upgraded secondary.

Dan Campbell is getting a ton of praise this year, but does the rah rah, knee biting stuff work if he’s got a roster with our level of talent, or our 2022 level of talent? I have serious doubts. If Johnson is indeed our guy I think we’re pretty close on offense if we get him the right trigger man, either by development or by draft. We have a stud #1 WR. Our OL looks to be a C away from being pretty good and still improving. Our RBs are solid and our complementary receivers are good enough in the right coordinator’s hands and will almost certainly be bolstered this offseason by a top prospect. 

If he's there I would just find it interesting.  Think about the executive types you know, they're all super intent on the details, power and getting an edge.  If Warren-or Poles for that matter-is thinking about different coaches, at all, he's probably considered Ben Johnson.  So if he has an excuse for taking a closer look at him live I bet he'd take it. Certainly watching someone from a booth isn't going to be a make or break on a hire but even watching from a distance can get you a feel for how someone pays attention, interacts with/is liked by the people around him etc.  I don't want to bring up a sour memory, but if you can recall Trestmans last couple games it seemed like every time he was on camera, all the players and coaches were trying to be out of frame with the guy. Re-reading my original post it was meant to be pretty jokey but may have come across as determinative, so I just want to explain that it's just a thought about "what it all means" if we see Warren travel to Detriot. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

Glad to have Terrell Smith back too. He looked good prior to getting sick. 

Wonder if the Bears will play him at all, either to get a more complete evaluation or to hint to J Johnson that no one is expendable.  Although I'm not sure he'd care about the latter.  I did like what I saw of Smith. 

On 11/15/2023 at 10:48 AM, HuskieBear said:

Jones-Jenkins-Center-Davis-Wright

is this the first time all season we've had our projected starting offensive line start a game together?

ya pretty much and chances are Fluss messes it up w forcing whitehair into mix

Edited by SLCbear