2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

10 hours ago, Squanchy said:

Warren doesn’t give them crazy quotes. 

That’s like someone traveling selling cell phones and going to an Amish town instead of a college campus. 

maybe it's because of the way he plays. Get more players like that and no need for slogans and quotes, that includes the HC and OC as well. 

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yeah.

I will say that while I dont think Kenny is good by any means, I do NOT believe he is quite as bad as he looks in this offense.   Ive seen less talented QBs look better than him.     Alot of his issues are his own, but there seems to be zero chemistry with WRs, the offense is rife with miscommunication, and they are so afraid of Kenny making mistakes that they wont even give him a chance most of the time to throw much more than predictable short passes and screens.   That may be a reflection of Kenny, but its also a reflection of the cowardice of Canada and Tomlin.

A lot of this is why I don’t care about the “flavor of the week” bad QB with a better game than Kenny. Constantly talking about Kenny is the easy way out of having an actual nuanced conversation about the offense. That’s why I’m enjoying Frazers commentary today. He’s in the process of putting all offensive players to task. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

A lot of this is why I don’t care about the “flavor of the week” bad QB with a better game than Kenny. Constantly talking about Kenny is the easy way out of having an actual nuanced conversation about the offense. That’s why I’m enjoying Frazers commentary today. He’s in the process of putting all offensive players to task. 

I mean, I dont see MANY people who soley blame Kenny.    Everyone knows Canada sucks too.

If it were up to me, the entire offensive staff would be replaced this offseason.   Every last one of them.    Maybe the RB coach could stay.   That's it.

Then again, if it were up to me, the ENTIRE front office and coaching staff would be likely gone except for maybe Khan and Weidl.    The rot is just too deep.    Too bad we couldnt fire Art II.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I mean, I dont see MANY people who soley blame Kenny.    Everyone knows Canada sucks too.

If it were up to me, the entire offensive staff would be replaced this offseason.   Every last one of them.    Maybe the RB coach could stay.   That's it.

Then again, if it were up to me, the ENTIRE front office and coaching staff would be likely gone except for maybe Khan and Weidl.    The rot is just too deep.    Too bad we couldnt fire Art II.

Khan and Weidl are trying to replace the scouts ( which are bad).  That takes time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Almost everything comes back to Kenny though no matter how many times people talk about other issues. Hell on some of those tweets about DJ running wrong options people are blaming Kenny. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Khan and Weidl are trying to replace the scouts ( which are bad).  That takes time.

This is why Colbert staying on without a replacement named in 2022 offseason should not have happened. It’s hard to overhaul an entire FO that fast. Most GMs coming in run with all the work done by the previous regime anyways so it’s not like that would have had a huge impact from player quality. Likely a new GM wouldn’t have forced himself to take a QB. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2023/11/19/pickett-steelers-tomlin-browns-thompson-robinson/stories/202311200034

The Steelers don’t have a quarterback problem.

They don’t have a quarterback.

Kenny Pickett was outplayed again on Sunday by the other team’s young quarterback. It happened with San Francisco’s second-year pro Brock Purdy in a lopsided loss in the opener and with Houston rookie C.J. Stroud in another blowout loss. It happened with Tennessee’s Will Levis and Green Bay’s Jordan Love even though the Steelers won both of those games.

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

With a lot of the player quotes after the game, I think they are on the edge of losing the team.  At least the offense.  DJ had to be physically restrained away from a coach.  Najee speaking out.  Pickens speaking out.

Kaboly reporting it was Tomlin DJ had to be restrained from. 

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

With a lot of the player quotes after the game, I think they are on the edge of losing the team.  At least the offense.  DJ had to be physically restrained away from a coach.  Najee speaking out.  Pickens speaking out.

This is why I truly hope Tomlin, for once in his career, can appreciate process Vs results. 

This team feels like it’s tipping on offense. The players are clearly frustrated. Firing Canada isn’t a magic pill, but it does hold someone accountable. 

Tomlin needs to figure out how to center this team and I’m just not sure he can do that without someone losing their jobs. Hell, maybe it’s DJ. It’s not gonna be Kenny. But Canada would be the most impactful. 

I don’t think you turn this offense around by doing nothing. These players sound and look done with it. 

• Like 4