2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He had like 3 hours notice against the Ravens for his first start.

Not saying he’s great or anything but they essentially just ran with the game plan they had for Watson and he wasn’t ready.  

It wouldn’t surprise me if he looked better with some coaching tweaks and prep. 

Besides, DTR may not be anything, but he may be.  MVPJ is NOT.  He’s a known entity who provided nothing imo.  Turnover prone QB who doesn’t make big plays.

True. I just think he looked like the game was too fast for him, which is more about time in the league than it is the week vs hours. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel bad for y’all having to see Dobbs go to AZ and MN and be playing good. 

I don’t even care tbh.  DTR looked legit in the preseason and they let Dobbs go play and do his thing.  

I just hate we’re gonna let DTR sit because he MIGHT be bad so we can play a dude who’s KNOWN to be bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t even care tbh.  DTR looked legit in the preseason and they let Dobbs go play and do his thing.  

I just hate we’re gonna let DTR sit because he MIGHT be bad so we can play a dude who’s KNOWN to be bad.

I was thinking more Dobbs v PJ. Was he there in preseason?

Just now, warfelg said:

I was thinking more Dobbs v PJ. Was he there in preseason?

Signed at the end of august.  DTR was the plan as a backup and then he looked bad and now he’s been on the bench since in favor of PJ.

To his credit PJ can operate the offense.  Gets guys into position, no procedural issues, understands the situation, etc, but he has like a 6/16 career TD to INT ratio.  

He’s a great QB until he has to throw a pass. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Signed at the end of august.  DTR was the plan as a backup and then he looked bad and now he’s been on the bench since in favor of PJ.

To his credit PJ can operate the offense.  Gets guys into position, no procedural issues, understands the situation, etc, but he has like a 6/16 career TD to INT ratio.  

He’s a great QB until he has to throw a pass. 

Appreciate the feedback, I don’t pay attention to exact timing of every move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I feel bad for y’all having to see Dobbs go to AZ and MN and be playing good. 

I feel bad for US having to see Dobbs go to AZ and MN be playing good.

Serious question - do you think Minnesota trades us Dobbs for Pickett straight up right now? Dobbs has his warts and KOC deserves a lot of credit but he has been electric in his two starts for them, one of which he didn’t even know the playbook.

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I feel bad for US having to see Dobbs go to AZ and MN be playing good.

Serious question - do you think Minnesota trades us Dobbs for Pickett straight up right now? Dobbs has his warts and KOC deserves a lot of credit but he has been electric in his two starts for them, one of which he didn’t even know the playbook.

Ehhhh....yea.  I think what's helping Dobbs is not knowing the playbook.  He kinda plays some backyard ball which is working for them.  Same thing to be successful in AZ.  It's like the scramble version of Fitzmagic.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ehhhh....yea.  I think what's helping Dobbs is not knowing the playbook.  He kinda plays some backyard ball which is working for them.  Same thing to be successful in AZ.  It's like the scramble version of Fitzmagic.

I would take it. We have pretty much equivalent surrounding talent as Minnesota does without Jefferson right now. 

To answer my own question I do not think they would trade Dobbs, who they just acquired for a late round pick swap, for Pickett right now.