2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

My worst fear. Now we have to face a qb that is unpredictable, mobile, etc. With Watson it was easy to predict mediocrity and mistakes but a lot of hype about what he's supposed to be. 

Eh. He’s also very turnover prone (3:8 TD:INT), inaccurate (sub 60% passer), and in 5 apperances has 12 rushes with 2 fumbles both lost. 

I think Nick Herbig needs to get a lot more reps. That late defense, especially Watt is running out of juice. Herbig needs to be in as a 3rd rush LB at the very least late in those games. Ive wanted that all season actually since we drafted him. I've believed THE #1 role he will excel at or make a difference this season is rushing from the middle or stunting. Nick excels at slipping blocks and finding the ball. Im not asking to make him an ILB (yet) but they've been sitting on this for too long. He'll provide a spark/energy /fresh legs in these situations. Its a waste to have him on the sidelines in those late game passing situations. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I think Nick Herbig needs to get a lot more reps. That late defense, especially Watt is running out of juice. Herbig needs to be in as a 3rd rush LB at the very least late in those games. Ive wanted that all season actually since we drafted him. I've believed THE #1 role he will excel at or make a difference this season is rushing from the middle or stunting. Nick excels at slipping blocks and finding the ball. Im not asking to make him an ILB (yet) but they've been sitting on this for too long. He'll provide a spark/energy /fresh legs in these situations. Its a waste to have him on the sidelines in those late game passing situations. 

Golden has been getting snaps but not nearly enough IMO. Definitely need to do some tweaking on that rotation. I think Herbigs lack of run game success hurts him. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eh. He’s also very turnover prone (3:8 TD:INT), inaccurate (sub 60% passer), and in 5 apperances has 12 rushes with 2 fumbles both lost. 

I have a feeling we could see both qbs..I could count on Watson crumbling. These guys will fight. Thats my concern. If our defense was at full strength and was aware of and knew what they were doing id be ok against the inexperienced qbs. 

Just now, JustPlainNasty said:

I have a feeling we could see both qbs..I could count on Watson crumbling. These guys will fight. Thats my concern. If our defense was at full strength and was aware of and knew what they were doing id be ok against the inexperienced qbs. 

No way we see Watson. He’s on IR. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

PJ Walker is hot arse.  He’s gonna turn it over a couple/3 times and get us into fg range on his better drives.  

could have been a good one….

The mobility is my concern. We have a lot of injuries at LB and safety and a lot of moving parts in the lineup so knowing assignments is gonna be a struggle to begin with. It was predictable that Watson was not gonna be very mobile and he plays timid buckling to pressure. Both Walker and DTR will hang in there and fight, scramble etc. All the LBs and safeties we have playing are good coming downhill but can be eluded in space. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

The mobility is my concern. We have a lot of injuries at LB and safety and a lot of moving parts in the lineup so knowing assignments is gonna be a struggle to begin with. It was predictable that Watson was not gonna be very mobile and he plays timid buckling to pressure. Both Walker and DTR will hang in there and fight, scramble etc. 

he’s not immobile or anything but he’s not much of a threat on the ground.  If they start DTR that’s a different story. 

• Like 2

Just now, warfelg said:

Oh sorry confused as to what you were asking. I don’t think we see DTR at all. He was god aweful in his start. 53% completion and 3 INTs with a lost fumble. 

He had like 3 hours notice against the Ravens for his first start.

Not saying he’s great or anything but they essentially just ran with the game plan they had for Watson and he wasn’t ready.  

It wouldn’t surprise me if he looked better with some coaching tweaks and prep. 

Besides, DTR may not be anything, but he may be.  MVPJ is NOT.  He’s a known entity who provided nothing imo.  Turnover prone QB who doesn’t make big plays.

• Like 1