2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

21 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

100%

If Kenny is comparable to training camp fodder that’s the problem. 

I asked it earlier in the year and I’ll ask it again: I have no doubt Kenny would be better with a new OC but how much better would he be? 

18-22 best QB. 

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

There was no plan to anything and that’s what pisses me off as a plan. To go from a team that always let guys go a year or two early to the one that sat on them. The team that kept a clean cap to sign under the radar guys to the team constantly shuffling it. It was easy to see this coming. 

Yeah...looks like colbert lost his touch over the years. Stayed too long.

the returns from this rookie class is a promising sign that things are turning around in their approach to team building imo

hopefully the new FO impacts the new OC hire too

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This would not be a bad draft to get a QB but I would rather have them build the team.  OT, ILB, perhaps CB or safety DT.

If you want A QB you will have to move up.  and right now I would not want to do that with this team

Would J.J. McCarthy, Michael Penix Jr., Bo Nix, Shedeur Sanders, or Jayden Daniels be worth drafting with our first pick?  

Edited by DR43

5 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Would J.J. McCarthy, Michael Penix Jr., Bo Nix, Shedeur Sanders, or Jayden Daniels be worth drafting with our first pick?  

maybe, if we remove canada and fix the OL.  Canada and tomlin are the problem. Before it was fichner ben/tomlin. See a pattern here?  

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ok? Different offenses different defenses. Again this isn’t a defense of Kenny since I need to say that over and over apparently.  Again this isn’t a defense of Kenny since I need to say that over and over apparently.  Again this isn’t a defense of Kenny since I need to say that over and over apparently.  Again this isn’t a defense of Kenny since I need to say that over and over apparently. 

Not all stats are created the same. Good for DeVito. But he wouldn’t have those TDs here. 

You are very smart…however I can’t understand for the life of me how you can’t see my point….you’re either trying to be contrarian or something.

Im not saying you’re only defending Kenny…your logic doesn’t add up.

So the Giants talent/coaching is so much better that he can put up those stats despite being a bum or Kenny’s talent/coaching is so terrible that no one could function in the current Steelers offense.

Kenny can’t even function right now.

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1726382704344903752?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Matt Canada, TE Killer. 

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

Yeah...looks like colbert lost his touch over the years. Stayed too long.

the returns from this rookie class is a promising sign that things are turning around in their approach to team building imo

hopefully the new FO impacts the new OC hire too

I spent years pounding the table of this. @43M and I were firmly against him having anything to do with the 2022 draft. Highlighting a draft history of a few average classes, some good picks here and there, but a ton of blown classes. 

From 2018-now only 3 players got C$2’s of more than one year from the first 3 rounds. Got to go to 2014 to make that number 6. In a decade you got multi year C$2 out of 5 draft picks.

There were 69 picks in that time. 17 of them are on this team. 75% of your draft picks over a decade are not on this team. 38 of them in the last 5 years. 12 are on the team. 2/3 of your picks are not here. 

Just now, AFF said:

So the Giants talent/coaching is so much better that he can put up those stats despite being a bum or Kenny’s talent/coaching is so terrible that no one could function in the current Steelers offense.

Both that he’s got better coaching and no one could function in this offense. 

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

you’re either trying to be contrarian or something.

No. Back to my original point which has nothing to do with Kenny. Tommy didn’t look good through 3.5 quarters of that Cowboys game. Got his TDs in garbage time. And then today he played a terrible Commanders team that’s IIRC the worst passing defense in the league. It’s just context of where his stats come from.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Nix is Kenny2.0. Penix has a nasty injury history. Sanders…sure. I have concerns but willing to take a shot. 

if they will give KP another year, perhaps trade away the RD1 pick and then the next year if QB class is better , they can trade up and get a legit franchise QB