LB Robert Spillane named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Nice! Love some Freight Train Spillane! 

Lost in all the bad, there were some good things to come from the DZ era. Sometimes these value guys hit. 

Bears paid 50 Mil gtd to Edmunds and Spillane got 4.2 Mil and has outplayed him by a wide margin. 

Oh jeez I can already see this convo getting derailed. Pleasant surprise to say the least regarding Spillane. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Oh jeez I can already see this convo getting derailed. Pleasant surprise to say the least regarding Spillane. 

Yeah.... probably shouldn't have gave any props there. Just inviting the ridicule. 

Spillane and Epps were panned when signed. Both have had a hand in reshaping the defense on a budget. Can't be mad at it. That was the hard nose type they wanted and they've played great. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Honestly, I wanted to keep Perryman but Spillane has been an obvious upgrade, glad to be proven wrong!

As said above, was a very good move by McDaniels and Zeigler. Great value and seems to be a glue type player in the middle of the D.

I didnt care for McD very much, but i think Zeigler was doing a decent job, especially if some of the QB stuff was true. I know they were buddies but wish we couldve at least tried to keep Zeigler. I am of the belief that the roster isnt as bad as most think, my only issue was the QB and OL stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I didnt care for McD very much, but i think Zeigler was doing a decent job, especially if some of the QB stuff was true. I know they were buddies but wish we couldve at least tried to keep Zeigler. I am of the belief that the roster isnt as bad as most think, my only issue was the QB and OL stuff. 

It’s another Gruden/Mayock situation where we don’t really know who pushed for what. Apparently McDaniels had final say like Gruden but I think it’s wrong to assume all the bad moves were McDaniels. I believe that Zeigler pushed back on Garoppolo and warned on Chandler Jones that apparently he had know issues, so that paints him in a less bad light but who did what with regard the other decisions is so difficult to ascertain without being in the building.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

It’s another Gruden/Mayock situation where we don’t really know who pushed for what. Apparently McDaniels had final say like Gruden but I think it’s wrong to assume all the bad moves were McDaniels. I believe that Zeigler pushed back on Garoppolo and warned on Chandler Jones that apparently he had know issues, so that paints him in a less bad light but who did what with regard the other decisions is so difficult to ascertain without being in the building.

If I understand correctly, it's Champ Kelly's fault as he was the assistant GM and therefore responsible for drafting players.

Joking aside, this is the result when you let the coach pick the GM. The coach ends up with roster control and accountability becomes muddy. Hoping Davis finds a quality GM this time around and let's him handle the coaching hire.

• Like 1