Burrow , Andrews & Watson out for the season

JustPlainNasty

Burrow needs wrist surgery.. That is crazy...as Cincy is/was our biggest matchup concern in regards to winning the division.

Andrews going down leaves a safe space empty for Lamar. Isaiah Likely is a good receiver but they havent used him like youd think they would, but Lamar and the Ravens definitely seek comfort in throwing to Andrews

• Like 2

we had our injuries early in the season, these other teams are having them now.  

where will the injury bug strike next? 

lets hope Brady doesn't unretire/ sign with the Browns or Bengals, but bengals defence appears to have issues. 

both of our safeties are outr? I expect Thompson #17 to quite capable. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The Burrow one scares me because that’s a team that doesn’t need a high pick that’s going to get one. 

They also are likely to get some kind of hefty penalty not reporting a starting QB injury concern on the Injury reports. Be it a fine or draft picks (not saying a first rounder or anything), but is kind of a big deal with all the concerns around gambling etc.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

They also are likely to get some kind of hefty penalty not reporting a starting QB injury concern on the Injury reports. Be it a fine or draft picks (not saying a first rounder or anything), but is kind of a big deal with all the concerns around gambling etc.  

I kinda hope so. Would be funny to see them accidentally suck into a high pick and lose it to a scandal like this. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

The Burrow one scares me because that’s a team that doesn’t need a high pick that’s going to get one. 

Meanwhile, we'll finish with 10 or 11 ugly wins vs mediocre teams, eventually get savagely whooped in the playoffs, still keep Canada and Pickett, and have to hope we get a good pick in the first as opposed to being in better position to get a blue chip player that this team desperately needs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

but is kind of a big deal with all the concerns around gambling etc.  

what would sports be like if no gambling/fantasy  anywhere and if 3rd party doctors did the injury reports?

15 minutes ago, 43M said:

Meanwhile, we'll finish with 10 or 11 ugly wins vs mediocre teams, eventually get savagely whooped in the playoffs, still keep Canada and Pickett, and have to hope we get a good pick in the first as opposed to being in better position to get a blue chip player that this team desperately needs.

this is what most likely will happen, unless the remaining teams also lose QB's or other key pieces.  Then we might draft lower and still get to keep what we have going since it worked and of course another winning season. Maybe trade chuks and a pick to move up 1 spot

I’d never wish an injury on anyone, but, to me, the odds of Lamar Jackson also getting hurt, between now and year’s end, are pretty high. He’s just a guy who is going to struggle to stay healthy all year. These divisional injuries and their magnitude is something I’ve not seen before in such a cluster. Weird…

18 hours ago, rlon said:

I’d never wish an injury on anyone, but, to me, the odds of Lamar Jackson also getting hurt, between now and year’s end, are pretty high. He’s just a guy who is going to struggle to stay healthy all year. These divisional injuries and their magnitude is something I’ve not seen before in such a cluster. Weird…

I commented/asked about this on the general forum thread for the game. A ravens fan mentioned how Lamar has put on mass, but also lost speed .  While adding mass might appear to make a player more durable, it actually can allow them to get hit more.   It wouldn't shock me if Lamar scrambles and takes a few too many hits as a result. I deally they would run more and keep him in the pocket, forget about risking injury. 

playoffs and SB - not always about who is playing the best in september or how good the roster is week 1. More of a marathon with last man standing with injuries taking a toll along the way.  AFCN though, right now are out 2 starting high profile QB's and 2 top tier RB's (Chubb and Dobbins) .   We lost 2 ILB's and have missed best DL and all pro FS for a while as well as WR1 and TE1.  I don't know how this compares to the rest of the league but it's harsh reality this year so far in AFCN

On 11/17/2023 at 8:42 PM, 43M said:

It’s been quite a while since we’ve actually faced one of the harder SOS in the NFL come end of season. 

Personally I know this differs from some but that’s an indictment of the FO note going more, not of the coach not being good enough, because it usually means your talent isn’t good enough. 

On 11/17/2023 at 6:28 PM, JustPlainNasty said:

On 11/17/2023 at 6:37 PM, warfelg said:

I kinda hope so. Would be funny to see them accidentally suck into a high pick and lose it to a scandal like this. 

I am very interested to see how this plays out as the coach said he was unaware of any wrist issue or injury.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:42 PM, 43M said:

Meanwhile, we'll finish with 10 or 11 ugly wins vs mediocre teams, eventually get savagely whooped in the playoffs,

This is a crazy year and depending on who they face, they may actually win a play-off game. Not one and done, but maybe something to build upon. I would like to see them match-up with Jacksonville again.  I could see them upsetting the Jags if they get healthy and the OL continues to jell. The goal is far more than one or no play-off wins, but this may help our young QB.

still keep Canada and Pickett,

Kenny will be here, but I will be very, very surprised if Matt Canada is still retained. They got rid of BA and Todd after having success. It is time for change and new blood. I see change coming there regardless of what happens the rest of the way.

and have to hope we get a good pick in the first as opposed to being in better position to get a blue chip player that this team desperately needs.

Fortunately the draft is a crapshoot despite all of the research and draftnik pundants. We need talent, but we also need some consistency in gameplan, strategy, approach, and coaching. We need an influx of a few innovative offensive and defensive schemes. 

On a side note: No other team apologizes when you lose key players or stars. Teams put their foot on your neck and come after you. The Steelers struggled with no Cam and Dionte early. They have loss Minkah for a few games, and loss both ILBers. As much as we hear next man up, we know how hard it is. You go out and play and hopefully defeat whoever your opponent is.  The Texans back-ups put a smack down on the Steelers.  Hopefully the Steelers learned something about preparation, adjustments, and seizing the moment from that game.

• Like 1